PDA

View Full Version : Wandering in a canyon

bad luck
03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Over the weekend we decided to go canyoneering again, this time to a canyon we had never been through before. It is on the back side of Arches N.P. It was a great day for it, we took the jeep out there but I didn't get any pics of the jeep. The top left pic is me rappelling through an arch.

4.3LXJ
03-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Great pics. Repelling looks fun and on my bucket list someday

bad luck
03-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks Steve,
I was going to post a couple more pics, but I couldn't post more than 6, but I know some people post more can you or someone tell me how? Thanks, oh by the way, if you ever get out this way, I would be glad to take you out to rappel through a canyon.

Rocco83
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
So, so, so, so, so jealous!!!

4.3LXJ
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks Steve,
I was going to post a couple more pics, but I couldn't post more than 6, but I know some people post more can you or someone tell me how? Thanks, oh by the way, if you ever get out this way, I would be glad to take you out to rappel through a canyon.

The people who post more use an image hosting service like Photobucket. Then you can post up to 15 I think, maybe 20, can't remember. But out max number is higher than on other forums.

If I get out there, I will have to take you up on that

Rocco83
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
If you don't want to get an account somewhere like photobucket you can use tinypic.com. Can upload, link, and forget.

bad luck
03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks Rocco,
That offer goes for you too, if this looks like something you would enjoy, I would be happy to take you out to do a canyon too. If you ever get out this way. And thanks for the tip on the photo site, I will check it out.

Rocco83
03-11-2014, 05:11 PM
I will have to take you up on that someday. I would absolutely love to get out that way. I miss the desert.

gunslinger
03-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Looks fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jimmixj
03-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Great shots! I rappelled in the Catalinas once...it was a blast. That crevice had me thinking of 127 Hours though, made me shiver a bit!:smiley-scared003: To be honest I don't care if I get to rappel or not, just getting to Moab is like number 2 on my bucket list, behind Hawaii. Thanks for the awesome pics!:D

bad luck
03-12-2014, 08:51 AM
We went to Maui for the first time last October, it was really nice and beautiful. But a lot more humid than I expected, I just really like the desert. You aren't that far from here really, could drive it in a day easily. But I do like it down in Arizona a lot too. A couple years ago we went down to Tucson for a couple weeks in January, when it was damn cold here. We did a couple canyons near Mt. Lemmon, Milagrosa was one, and up in the Superstition mountains we went through Minnow Canyon, really a lot of fun.