PDA

View Full Version : Electrical connector rebuilds (ignition coil pack)

Car Enthusiast
03-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Hey guys my pigtail for the coil pack has broken. The little red lock is destroyed I was wondering if there was a place out there that still sold these kits where you can rebuild them. I went to the local Jeep dealership parts counter and they looked at me like I was retarded.

The thing I am talking about is usually the plastic connector then the little metal prongs that go into them. All taken apart so you could build it yourself.

4.3LXJ
03-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Check guys that have automobile electric shops. They should have all manner of plugs and be able to supply or fix what you have. I have gotten specialized stuff from my local shop

jimmixj
03-11-2014, 07:54 AM
There are some companies that make replacement connectors, generally with a "pigtail" attached, that supply those auto shops. What I've found is that the auto parts stores often won't bother even looking for stuff that isn't a high-demand part (like pigtails for GM alternators or headlight connectors). If you Google the part you need often times you can get a part number to give them. I've had good luck with RockAutos catalog. If that doesn't work I use a local electronic's store; often they will have the terminals I need to rebuild my connectors. If all else fails there's always the pickapart style junkyard.

Car Enthusiast
03-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Got the part number from a friend who works in a body shop. So I just ordered it from him.

It really burns me up about dealership parts counters. I know they knew what I was talking about but since it wasn't an overpriced interior piece or rims they will not help out. Sorry I am keeping my 15 year old Jeep on the road. Maybe if there was some loyalty from a dealership I would consider getting something new.......

and if they made anything that looked as good as my truck!