PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heading to BVORR this upcoming weekend?

graverobberjk
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
My club is heading to BVORR (near BCS) this upcoming weekend as part of the Texas clubs unity run, just wanted to put out feelers and see if any of the :xjtalk: family would be in attendance...I hear that its going to be an amazing collection of clubs and rigs from all over the state coming to fellowship and wheel.

Firemanray
03-10-2014, 07:44 PM
My club is heading to BVORR (near BCS) this upcoming weekend as part of the Texas clubs unity run, just wanted to put out feelers and see if any of the :xjtalk: family would be in attendance...I hear that its going to be an amazing collection of clubs and rigs from all over the state coming to fellowship and wheel.

Is this a "members" only or "invite" only event? We are planning to go to Shilo but I can point the truck in another direction.

graverobberjk
03-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Is this a "members" only or "invite" only event? We are planning to go to Shilo but I can point the truck in another direction.

I would assume from the information that I got that it is a "all are welcome" kind of deal. However in order to play it safe I will confirm with the higher ups to be sure.

graverobberjk
03-11-2014, 11:21 AM
alright just got official word and it was just as I thought....it is an open event for texas jeep clubs, so you can come down on your own or if you have a group that would be even better

Firemanray
03-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I checked it out, I'm doing a Friday/ Saturday thing. Brazos isn't open until Saturday morning. I guess I'll pass this time and go ahead to Shilo.

graverobberjk
03-11-2014, 03:23 PM
I checked it out, I'm doing a Friday/ Saturday thing. Brazos isn't open until Saturday morning. I guess I'll pass this time and go ahead to Shilo.

have a great time....maybe you can make it out to the big wheeling for the wounded event the first weekend in May. there is a thread on that one too...would love to meet and wheel with some XJs

Firemanray
03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm planning on going to that. Already making plans.

graverobberjk
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm planning on going to that. Already making plans.

Awesome...im sure ill run into you out there....im kinda hard to miss lol

XJ Rat
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Anyone going to BVORR and your a veteran, let him know BEFORE you pay. He gives vets discounts.

graverobberjk
03-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Anyone going to BVORR and your a veteran, let him know BEFORE you pay. He gives vets discounts.

Thanks for putting that out...being that im in a military jeep club sometimes I forget to put that out for the benefit of other service members and vetrans.....weather isnt looking good too good as of now, but were still going to give it a go and see what happens when we get there...president of texas jeeps has been in contact with the owner of the park and as of now were still on to run the pipes!!:D

graverobberjk
03-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Great run at BVORR today, yea we did end up getting rained out but got a good taste of the trails and had a little fun in the mud before it was all over (positive I will be cursing the mud tomorrow however lol)...only down side is we had to turn around and head back to the assembly area before we got to the famous pipes, no worries, we are definitly going back when the weather is a little better :)

cantab27
03-15-2014, 09:36 PM
pics or it didn't happen

graverobberjk
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
pics or it didn't happen

We are getting all the club pictures and go pro footage together as we speak, I will have some pictures to post here shortly......unfortunatly the pictures do no justice in showing the amazing climbs and retarded drop ins...but with all the cams we had going ill find yall some good stuff:D

cantab27
03-15-2014, 09:42 PM
and y stop cause of rain ...............

graverobberjk
03-15-2014, 09:47 PM
and y stop cause of rain ...............
Its not a rock hoppin park...just a good solid trail park....mostly made up of dirt, sand and clay....once that rain hit the winches and tow straps came out...at one point I had the skinny pedal all the way down and was going more sided to side than up lol... ended up getting some help up that one, but the owner decides when it gets like that to shut it down, but thats cool...just turned the assembly area into a dirt lot party :beer:

graverobberjk
03-15-2014, 09:50 PM
There was what looked like a Libby club out of houston I believe...but it was pretty legit, they had their own corner of the AA though lol....and of course my fiances compass was the bell of the ball, but didnt feel like getting her stuck today, might take that one out tomorrow and give her a wheelin 101 class

bluedragon436
03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
:worthlesspics::worthlesspics:

graverobberjk
03-19-2014, 07:50 AM
hoping to be able to upload at least some of the pictures tonight for yall

graverobberjk
03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
And for those who need pictures, here they are lol

graverobberjk
03-19-2014, 07:18 PM
And here are some for all you libby lovers out there :)

EekGirl96
03-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey look...theres my Libby!!!!

Yeah, some of those look familiar to me...loving all the pics :)

graverobberjk
03-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey look...theres my Libby!!!!

Yeah, some of those look familiar to me...loving all the pics :)

figured that you would like them :)