PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get a family picture

cpttuna
03-06-2014, 01:36 PM
We have 5 XJ's in the family. With a son in Illinois and a daughter in Wisconsin, it's hard to have all 5 jeeps in the driveway at the same time. Recently, we had three though; son's white 99, wife's blue 01, and my teal 98.

NW99XJ
03-06-2014, 01:38 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!
If it ever happens that ALL 5 XJ's are in one driveway,
you will HAVE TO get a real nice pic of that done, blown up, framed, and hung above the fireplace!
(we'll of course pass it around here as well) :D

XJ Wheeler
03-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Nice pic man! I can relate, its been 9 years since ours have been all in one place!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Rocco83
03-06-2014, 03:50 PM
You have no idea how jealous that makes me. Closest I've been was my CJ, dad had a TJ, and mom had a ZJ. But 5 XJs...that would be awesome.

bluedragon436
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Hey nothing wrong with that setup either Rocco... doesn't have to be all about the XJ's :mel:

Rocco83
03-06-2014, 04:04 PM
5 Jeeps in one family though! That is commitment to excellence!

4.3LXJ
03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Uh, four Jeeps and two Mighty Mites. Does that count?

bad luck
03-07-2014, 07:47 AM
That's cool to have all those xj's in the family. But I would be worried if the kids need a part or something they would cannibalize my xj, when I was not around. Although it already happens with just mine and my son's. But I like that pic.

abebehrmann
03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Uh, four Jeeps and two Mighty Mites. Does that count?

That counts but we're going to need a picture. :D:D:D

NW99XJ
03-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Hey nothing wrong with that setup either Rocco... doesn't have to be all about the XJ's :mel:
:mad:yes....
Yes it does.

cpttuna
03-07-2014, 09:16 AM
The kids are not motivated enough or mechanically inclined enough to steal parts off my jeep for theirs. It is nice , however, to go to the JY looking for parts. It is nice to pick up a part I may not need at the moment but that it could be used on any of the 5 jeeps. I once needed a part off of a door and saw it as I was getting ready to leave the JY. I said to myself I would get it the next week when I had planned on returning. The next week the whole door was gone. The youngest three kids all needed vehicles for college. None of them did not mind driving an XJ and when you are looking for a vehicle for your kid to drive to college, it is so much easier only looking at one type and not the cheapest thing out there that you know nothing about.

bad luck
03-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I got an xj for my youngest son, but the oldest one bought a 4runner instead. He keeps telling me how much better it is than my xj, but I think it is a lot cheaper to buy parts for an xj than a 4runner. And when he wants to go on a trail or offroading he always wants to borrow my jeep. But I have to admit the xj is modified a lot more than his 4runner. And quite a bit more capable offroad.

Rocco83
03-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I haven't had the pleasure to zip around in my XJ yet, but I had an old and already beat up '88 4Runner when I went off to college. Isn't a day that goes by I don't miss that thing. Truth be told I miss it more than my YJ and it's a toss up between that 4Runner and CJ5. Made a bunch of money with it towing southern kids out of the ditches when we had snow.

cpttuna
03-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I did some more searching on pictures and did come up with this one. The blue one without the roof rack is my son's 01. It is parked next to my wife's 01 which is in the other picture. My son's 01 has the police option(the only one which does.)

cpttuna
11-08-2015, 06:49 PM
moved a step closer today to a complete family picture. We got the fourth XJ into the picture. From front to rear: wife's 01, sons 01, my 98, and daughter's 00. Missing is another son's white 99 which was in the previous picture.