PDA

View Full Version : WTB XJ Misc.

Rocco83
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I need a passenger side rear light housing, fan shroud, and hatch shocks.

From what I've heard the hatch shocks out of an early 2000s Explorer work and are beefier. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

4.3LXJ
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Not sure on the hatch struts, but I got some from NPA very reasonably that have been going strong for five years now

Rocco83
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Napa? Wonder if my local one stocks them. I asked today at my local O'Reilly and Auto Zone about whether or not they carried them and they looked at me stupid.

4.3LXJ
03-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Didn't have any trouble getting them. I think they ordered them and they were there the next day. My opinion on those is that used ones are probably just as bad as the ones I am getting rid of

Rocco83
03-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I had that feeling as well. Although I've seen a lot of abominations that start as XJs and then turn into a mix of an XJ, Truggy, and Optimus Prime. I'm sure some of those previous had a hatch with perfectly good springs that will never be used again. Will definitely hit them up on Monday. Need to pick up a new temp sensor anyway.

Brasscatz
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I would get the shroud from the junkyard, but for the other parts it's hard to beat rockauto.com's prices. Had a buddy that bought a tail light and the lift gate struts from them and saved at least $50

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

abebehrmann
03-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I think the Explorer hatch struts only work with the pre-97 XJs, they changed the design for the late model ones. My girlfriend bought me two new ones for my 99 off Amazon for $25 shipped.

ches30
03-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Fan shroud cheaper new on rock auto than salvage yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocco83
03-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Fan shroud cheaper new on rock auto than salvage yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but I want to throw one on while I have the front end off the next few days. Overnight shipping is 9x the price of the part. I may order one with regular shipping so I have an extra laying around.

Thanks for the heads up.

Rocco83
03-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Seeing as though I had to just order a new oil pan off rockauto I decided to order it all. Their prices are by far the best. Being that I buy most everything I use at stores, paying the shipping kills me. I feel like for the money I'm paying in shipping I could ship a small child from Cambodia to the states for the same price.