PDA

View Full Version : WTB Complete DANA 35 or Chrysler 8.25 3.55

OldFaurt
02-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Howdy folks,
I need to find a reasonable rear axle. I bought the jeep after a motorcycle accident. The rig runs great but I got a great deal after the guy blew up the rear end on it!

I need the vehicle to get to work and the ring/pinion are trashed and the spider gears were blown on my DANA 35, when I pulled them I found 2 1/2 spider gears. I blame the damage on that odd 1/2 spider gear!

I have it running in Front wheel drive but don't want to put that much wear on the front end! I can help you wrench on your rig, pay cash, etc... But funds are limited. If you got an old spare carrier with ring and pinion with 3.55 ratio, I would be very happy to buy/trade/barter prefer, local to Houston/Katy area.

Thanks in advance!
Might be hitting pick n pull this weekend.:pray:

4.3LXJ
02-27-2014, 10:23 PM
D35s are cheap. If you can find one at a pick and pull you might get away with a hundred dollar bill for a complete one

OldFaurt
02-28-2014, 06:46 PM
D35s are cheap. If you can find one at a pick and pull you might get away with a hundred dollar bill for a complete one

That is what I am hoping!
Do you ever go over to Lake Berryessa for off road?
I use to live in St Helena and loved the hills there!

4.3LXJ
02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
That is what I am hoping!
Do you ever go over to Lake Berryessa for off road?
I use to live in St Helena and loved the hills there!

No, I have not been there yet. There are some areas nearby I have been eyeing on the maps I have as having good potential. But I have not made it there yet.

As far as d35s go, we will be pulling one out of a YJ at some point and replacing it with a D44a. It has a 3.07 ratio currently

OldFaurt
02-28-2014, 08:08 PM
No, I have not been there yet. There are some areas nearby I have been eyeing on the maps I have as having good potential. But I have not made it there yet.

As far as d35s go, we will be pulling one out of a YJ at some point and replacing it with a D44a. It has a 3.07 ratio currently

It would be nice to put together matching DANA 44s for the front end and rear.

4.3LXJ
02-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Gotta find some Waggy axles for that and do some welding