PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your NON Jeep today?

Pages : [1] 2

JeepFreak
02-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Well even though this is a Jeep forum, I have found that what some people do to their other DD's or just other vehicles in general can be beneficial (whether in visual design or overall tips). So I'm making a forum here where you can post what you did to your NON Jeep vehicle (including Jeeps that are not running and you've parted out). Post away :)

bluedragon436
02-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I sealed and installed the pods to the bottom of the sub enclosure for my 09 Ram..

JeepFreak
03-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Not MY secondary vehicle but I went wheeling with my uncle and his chevy got stuck in the snow so I had to tow him out. You know what they say, "when chevy runs deep, Jeeps get you outta the creep".

Brasscatz
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Used the civic to drive my wife to her hair appointment.... where do I turn in my man card? Anybody? Carves?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

JeepFreak
03-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Used the civic to drive my wife to her hair appointment.... where do I turn in my man card? Anybody? Carves?

I think the DMV issues Man Cards but since you drove her Civic, you may have to get your Man Card on Non Op or only for specific use with your Jeep.

Brasscatz
03-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I think the DMV issues Man Cards but since you drove her Civic, you may have to get your Man Card on Non Op or only for specific use with your Jeep.

Civic is my DD :smiley-scared003: wife drives a Patriot :rolleye0012:

4.3LXJ
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
You could just wear a sack over your head :smiley-scared003:

JeepFreak
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
You know it's bad when your wife has a bigger DD than you :smiley-scared003:

Brasscatz
03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
:D I drive a lot farther than she does and need the better gas mileage ;)

JeepFreak
03-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Since it's raining like crazy here in the mountains, I went out "car watching" to see how many idiots drive around with semi-bald or bald tires. Just watching them get up the hill near my house is hilarious. I can't believe how many people in FWD minivans with bald tires think they're invincible. Next time, I'm gonna pop some popcorn and watch them slide all over the road.

bluedragon436
03-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Replaced one of five HVAC blend motors... One of them decided last night that it was going to grind the gears apart inside... And go figure all night last night and all day today, it was snowing... Needless to say it was a fun filled trip to the dealership to pick up a new one... Think I'm going to order a few spares on Amazon now that I have working heat/defrost again.. So now I swapped in the new HVAC motor, and all works again, and got my head unit back in, that I pulled in case the dealership wanted to take a look at the blend door issue...

JeepFreak
03-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Replaced one of five HVAC blend motors... One of them decided last night that it was going to grind the gears apart inside... And go figure all night last night and all day today, it was snowing... Needless to say it was a fun filled trip to the dealership to pick up a new one... Think I'm going to order a few spares on Amazon now that I have working heat/defrost again.. So now I swapped in the new HVAC motor, and all works again, and got my head unit back in, that I pulled in case the dealership wanted to take a look at the blend door issue...

Ouch! I remember when I didn't have any HVAC operational at all. Sucked really bad especially in the summer lol good to see it's back in working order.

cpttuna
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
My 97 dodge caravan sits in our other driveway in the winter. I make sure and start it once a week, make sure the snow is cleaned off of it and its ready to drive if needed.

JeepFreak
03-03-2014, 08:24 PM
My 97 dodge caravan sits in our other driveway in the winter. I make sure and start it once a week, make sure the snow is cleaned off of it and its ready to drive if needed.

You've got a troop transport and you haven't decked it out with a snowplow yet? Just throw some big ol' tires on that transport and rock the plow :D it'll go anywhere that's flat haha

bluedragon436
03-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Ouch! I remember when I didn't have any HVAC operational at all. Sucked really bad especially in the summer lol good to see it's back in working order.

Well at least I had heat, just no defrost, and all the heat was coming out on my feet.. but was far better then no heat at all that I had in the XJ for the last two years... LOL... But now the HVAC works as advertised in the Ram in all positions and from all vents when selected....

Just got done with my sub install in my Ram... I have been working on it for the last couple of days off and on with pulling the rear seats and the rear carpets so I could install some sound deadening material and running the wiring from the head unit... Built myself a basic little amp rack to mount that amp to the back wall of the cab... Only got the drivers side rear seat left to throw back in...

Brasscatz
03-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Decided to get my first ticket in 7 years for 69 in a 60

JeepFreak
03-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Today I schooled a teenager in his Civic on the rules of the road and how speed and proximity don't matter when I weigh 3 tons compared to his barely 1/4 ton. He decided to try and ride my bumper so I gave him the scare of his life by giving him a good "hit me I dare you" check. He immediately backed off and probably pissed himself. For the next 15 miles he allowed me to go the EXACT speed limit without getting closer than 2 car lengths and when a passing lane came up, he didn't even bother.

bluedragon436
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM
I just got done ordering my short-ram intake and Diablo T1000 tuner for my Ram.. Can't wait to see how much better it runs and sounds with those items and how they'll help the MBRP T-409 duals to hum nicer!!

bluedragon436
03-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Found a kick a$$ deal on a set of front and rear plastic liner type floor mats so I went a picked them up yesterday... and cleaned them up and installed them today... so much happier when I track stuff into the truck now.. instead of messing up the carpet mats that were from the factory!! LOL

bluedragon436
03-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Installed a Diablosport Trinity T-1000 in the Ram... now just waiting on the handmade carbon fiber intake I ordered to be made and shipped out.. Then I'll only need a few more items to finish the build up of the Ram..

Mudderoy
03-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Today I schooled a teenager in his Civic on the rules of the road and how speed and proximity don't matter when I weigh 3 tons compared to his barely 1/4 ton. He decided to try and ride my bumper so I gave him the scare of his life by giving him a good "hit me I dare you" check. He immediately backed off and probably pissed himself. For the next 15 miles he allowed me to go the EXACT speed limit without getting closer than 2 car lengths and when a passing lane came up, he didn't even bother.

lol I used to do that, and even use the emergency brake. I've had three thoughts.

One, a switch to turn off the brake lights...
Two, a switch that enables a random delay timer that turns the brake likes on and off.
Three, a rear mounted 20" LED off road light (like I have on the front) with a red cover, and a switch where I can enable it to come on when the brakes are pressed. For that 3rd brake light that so bright you can taste it moment.

Thankfully with the spare tire filling my rear window, I don't even notice them. Really I think this pisses them off more than anything else. :D

XJ Wheeler
05-30-2014, 04:49 AM
Had to do a couple things to the mower. Figured I had to post it up! :P

Bracket on the deck broke so we fixed that... Sharpened the blades cause they couldn't cut air, let alone grass... Added some auxiliary lighting... :D My brother had a small (somewhat) led light he got for I think $13 and since the lights hadn't been working right (a short somewhere) we installed it on the front end. :rolleye0012: Now it too has offroad lights!

Carves
05-30-2014, 05:11 AM
Had to do a couple things to the mower. Figured I had to post it up! :P

Bracket on the deck broke so we fixed that... Sharpened the blades cause they couldn't cut air, let alone grass... Added some auxiliary lighting... :D My brother had a small (somewhat) led light he got for I think $13 and since the lights hadn't been working right (a short somewhere) we installed it on the front end. :rolleye0012: Now it too has offroad lights!

If you're so keen to mow lawn at all times of the day,

... feel free to come down and run it around my yard .. :D:D

XJ Wheeler
05-30-2014, 05:27 AM
If you're so keen to mow lawn at all times of the day,

... feel free to come down and run it around my yard .. :D:D

:smiley-laughing021:

Not sure what i would have to do to the steering since its in the center... :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
05-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Since you split the difference, you are good anywhere :P

abebehrmann
05-30-2014, 12:10 PM

Pretty sure you have to change it so the steering wheel is facing the rear of the mower. Think that's the rule in those bass-ackwards countries....:smiley-scared003::D

slvmart
05-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Bought a '02 F150, a couple of weeks ago, for $800. They were asking just shy of $1k. It's a basic Work Truck but has A/C and the interior is in real good shape. Only 121k mi on it. Originally with the idea of using the engine in a '97 that I have sitting around since my son blew the engine a few years back (4.2L V6, not the stoutest motors). But the body on the '97 is in real good condition.

The '02 was on Craigslist as overheating and power steering was out. Went to look at it and the serpentine belt was shredded. :smiley-taunt002:
Have been working some of the kinks out of it, making sure it was in good shape, for the past few weeks. Decided not to use this one just for the engine. The A/C doesn't work, windshield is cracked, and it has some rust.

Put it on Craigslist today.

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Sure, its been a few days. Yeah, youtube has been a pain taking forever processing my video. Anyyyway, Carves exhibit A!

http://youtu.be/5VwH3AFssi8

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

cpttuna
06-06-2014, 08:24 PM
I put a mechanical fuel pump on my 78 Bronco. As my dad would say,"the old one quit sucking."

bluedragon436
06-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Retuned the Diablosport T-100 in my Ram... Really makes the MBRP duals sing, and sounds amazing listening to the air being sucked into the handmade CF intake...

xjken99
06-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Repainted the console on my Chrysler Crossfire with some PlastiDip to cover the spots where the factory coating had rubbed off.

Brasscatz
06-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Had to rescue my wife from a flat on her Patriot yesterday, so today I took it up to Discount Tire because there was a huge metal object in it and I knew it couldn't be repaired. It turned out to be a co2 cartridge.... wow. Also, I did an oil change on both her Patriot and my Civic. I don't remember who suggested it, maybe Firemanray or OrangeXJ, but I bought my 0w-20 from Walmart and saved over $10 on the 5qt jug. THANKS!!!

nickxj94
06-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I been working on a Nissan hardbody pick up the last couple months.

nickxj94
06-07-2014, 11:28 PM

Been doing a lot to it.
Replaced interior, wheels and tires, installing a used engine this next weekend, new clutch and flywheel, exhaust, after I get it running again I will start sanding it and repainting it.
I am rebuilding it for my oldest daughter it was gift from her grandpa to me and I give it 5o her. She will be driving soon be a great first truck.

slvmart
06-09-2014, 05:01 AM
quick update. Sold that F150 a day later for $2500. All told I had about $1200 in it.

XJ Wheeler
08-04-2014, 05:34 AM
We've been trying to revive my late grandmothers 98 malibu. We weren't using it, although did start it occasionally to help keep it from setting and thus degrading. Well, our time away from home took its toll and wouldn't ya know it, it won't crank now. We've tracked it down to the fuel pump is not working. Although the relay gets a signal. So, we've begun removing the tank and I have realized just how hard people that work on cars have it. I am spoiled with the clearance under lifted jeeps! My gut doesn't help! Anyways, we almost got it out today but stopped due to not having the fuel line tool. So not wanting to quit we figured it was a good time to siphon the old fuel out, which was past its age.

A bit of a scary moment when the hose popped off the hand pump to douse my brothers head in old gas as he was lying under the car to keep the hose in position. Thankfully his eyes hadn't had the same fate. He is alright now, with plenty of water to subdue the effects. If you don't know, old gas burns your skin fiercely.

So, once we get the fuel line tool we shall continue and then confirm the pump is in fact bad.

Brasscatz
08-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Damn bro, glad your bro is ok. Hopefully he doesn't have any lasting affects and hopefully that Malibu can purr like a kitten soon

XJ Wheeler
08-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Damn bro, glad your bro is ok. Hopefully he doesn't have any lasting affects and hopefully that Malibu can purr like a kitten soon

Thanks bro! He seems fine now. Just glad things didn't go worse, and easily could have.

Definitely hoping for that! It ran great before, and rightfully it should since its only got 36k miles! :cool:

4.3LXJ
08-04-2014, 10:16 AM
You are right. Gas will burn you as well as fire, just takes longer. Glad he is OK

rabies
08-04-2014, 01:04 PM
i put the top down on it.........(feels like a yuppy)
s2000

XJ Wheeler
08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Went ahead and checked out the Malibu's rear brakes since we had it up on the jackstands. Glad we did, the passengers wheel cylinder had been leaking. It made a mess of the brake dust in there. Add it to the list...

XJ Wheeler
08-08-2014, 02:24 AM
We got the tank out finally, and tested the pump. Sure enough, it was dead. The new one is on the way. To save a bit we decided to go with just the pump instead of the whole assembly.

Whatever they coated this tank in is amazing. 16 years old and looks brand new inside.

WhiteDevil1311
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Put gas in it (2007 fleet model pontiac grand prix)

saar
08-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Cool thread :)
I had a busy day...
I installed my Alfa Spider cylinder head back in place (not finished yet...)
and I finished the installation of the double din navigation system in my Montero
http://www.pajero.guru/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/installed-working.jpg

4.3LXJ
08-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Good to hear from you Saar. You staying safe over there?

bluedragon436
08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Ordered a 30" LED light bar for the bumper between the tow hooks on my 09 Ram... as well as the brackets to mount it there.. I've gone all LED inside the truck, and a few exterior lights, might as well add more lighting in case I ever have the need for more!! LOL

saar
08-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Good to hear from you Saar. You staying safe over there?

As safe as I can be :rolleyes:
It seems that they have a weird agreement during the last few days, they (HAMAS/JIHAD ISLAMI) bomb only the nearest cities to Gaza and in return, Israel bombs only empty building/open spaces...
So for now, it is quiet around here (I'm ~45km from Gaza)

I know it is hard to understand terrorists, but it seems that politicians can be weird too...

4.3LXJ
08-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Yup, hard to understand terrorists having ethics

XJ Wheeler
08-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Well, we got the new pump and installed it in the assembly. Then that in the tank, and tank in the car. We put on a new filter while we had it out. Bad news is it still doesn't run. The battery is dead so we have been jumping it to crank. So now to troubleshooting it. We checked for fuel at the relief valve and it doesn't seem to spray, just flows out. Although that's still better than before when none came out and we can hear the pump priming now. It gets spark, tried neutral, and checked for codes... nothing. So I think its got to do with that slow fuel pressure. Hoping the pump is working correctly and not obstructed. The strainer did seem a bit tight inside the bottom of the assembly.

Philxj4L
08-19-2014, 07:11 AM
Package arrived from rough country, (via Llama 4x4)
Pair if +3" coils
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a519/Philxj4L/7BC767AE-41EA-4300-9D8C-6C8524E1423C_zpsklhjvbpg.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Philxj4L/media/7BC767AE-41EA-4300-9D8C-6C8524E1423C_zpsklhjvbpg.jpg.html)
Just need to track down the set of dampers that seem to have gone AWOL.

saar
08-20-2014, 12:45 AM
The Montero had a problem with the horn switch, the previous owner installed an ugly green switch on the side of the steering column and I didn't like it.
So, finally, I found 2 free hours and went out to fix the original switch, I must admit it is not the kind of work I prefer to do, messing with the airbag...
Anyway, as any other project I did on the Montero, I documented the process in an article which explain how to solve the horn issue (http://www.pajero.guru/how-to-fix-pajero-stuck-horn-problem-step-by-step-guide/)
Saar.

Dredwolf
08-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Since I seem to spend SO much time on NON-XJ work, might as well write about it.....:bang:

So the 1991 Explorer my daughter is driving now needs a passenger-side rear window regulator replacement, due to a cable failure. But some research has indicated the assembly from the 95-01 Explorers will retrofit and get rid of the cable mechanism.

But before THAT could get done, my son's '89 F150 had a no-start situation. When I got home from work, I did not hear either of the fuel pumps spool up, so I dug out my old code "blinker" and got the codes.....87 meant bad fuel pump relay, confirmed with a meter.

But of course the relay the chain parts store had did not match (since I FORGOT to take old one with me), but now the pumps spool up...more trouble-shooting is in order.

I'll probably just pull the bed and check everything, these F-150's have a high pressure pump on the frame rail and a low-pressure pump in the tank with the sending unit.

Pulling the bed will make testing easier than trying to drop the 1/2 full tank.

XJ Wheeler
08-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Short story at bottom...

Continuing on the Malibu. We rented a fuel pressure gauge kit and got some Seafoam today. After we hooked up the gauge and tried to crank it I noticed the gauge wasn't working. But something seemed different. When turning it over this whole time it wouldn't do anything but crank over. No fire, no stumbling. Just as if you activated the starter but nothing else. But, when the gauge was installed on the test port it began to show some signs of life. It was just minimal at first. I thought this gauge must not be sealing right anyways so we took it off. A thought had popped in my mind to try and purge the fuel line in case any air was resting there. Sure enough, it began to fire off more and more with every starting session. It got to where it would run but only for a few seconds and stall, again more with each try. And finally it started and was running all its own, even with the doorstop of a battery in place. Although the idle began around 1k then shot to 2500 within an instant and back but it only happened once and for a split second. Even still, may be best to clean the throttle body. But it finally idled down, although was a bit round. And might I add this whole time with it running a very noticeable screech or squeal was sounding off about 3-4 times a second and increased with speed. I knew about this before, although never this apparent, it isn't a good sound. After a bit of letting it run to rally in our victory we shut it off and finally investigated the screech. By the way, I love vehicles with self adjusting idler pulleys. So we took the belt off and spun each item. The only thing apparent was the alternator had a slight squeal when spinning so I thing that is the culprit. Good news is the belt looks great!

Short story... Got it running finally and found out the alternator needs rebuild/replacement. :D

XJ Wheeler
08-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Alright, we ended up investigating the squeal a bit more after we moved it to its new parking spot. It become apparent the noise wasn't coming from the alternator by listening closely we could tell it was from another direction. After some diagnosing with it running, and not, and some with the belt off. We narrowed it to the steering pump or idler puller. So I pulled the idler off and it felt fine with no roughness or irregularities. Whereas the pump pulley could be moved in and out a hair. And listening a bit more we're confident the pump is the culprit. So, yesterday we picked up a new one and its waiting to go on.

Although progress on every project had been postponed because I crawled up under the house to investigate a bit of shifting with the dining room floor at home and traced it to the toilet. It looks to have been leaking for a long time and has completely rotted out the floor. A bit of a shock! So that's taking priority. Last weekend was the water heater...

Its not a jeep right. :D

WhiteDevil1311
08-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Nope but damn that water damage sucks! Good luck.

4.3LXJ
08-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Toilets can be sneaky that way. There ought to be something better than a wax seal

abebehrmann
08-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Toilets can be sneaky that way. There ought to be something better than a wax seal

There is! http://m.homedepot.com/p/Toilet-Gasket-Flexible-Waxless-Seal-Universal-Fit-BL01/203564758

Not sure how well they work though.

4.3LXJ
08-30-2014, 10:35 AM
My son the plumber will not buy anything from Home Despot, but I will check with him

WhiteDevil1311
08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
I got that ring. Works alot better than the wax ones. 1bath 6 people

XJ Wheeler
08-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah, its not my expertise either so this is gonna be interesting. Always glad to learn anyways. Thanks for the link to that seal, I feel the same way about the wax seal. Shame is this could have been much better if I had gotten my butt under there just to check everything out. I think every 6 months it would be a good idea to get underneath and just check everything out. Oh well, hindsight's 20/20 right!

XJ Wheeler
09-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Might as well put this here. The bathroom project has been less than fun but progress has commenced none the less. The water damage was about to be expected, except it didn't extend as far as I feared. But there was some old termite damage under there too. We had to pair one of the joists because of this. Also, once we started cracking tiles we quickly found out it was a 1.5"~ mortar bed. :bang: So that was exciting. :rolleyes: And about two feet of the floor fell out without much abuse. There was also apparently a couple small leaks in the sink shutoff valves, so those got replaced. And the wax seal was nearly none existent. So hopefully that is the actual problem. Its an old cast iron pipe and flange. No cracks visible either. Gotta get supplies to rebuild now!

Starting point

Where we are at now

And my design for the new tile. Its gonna be white marble. Not my choice of tile but I figure if I gotta use that I could add something with maybe accents.

Brasscatz
09-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Nice work Jake, I think that tile will look good ;)

XJ Wheeler
09-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Nice work Jake, I think that tile will look good ;)

Thanks Jim! I sure hope so. Its my first time doing so.

bluedragon436
09-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Looks like fun times Jake.. I've done that a few times over the years helping folks out... Can't wait to get a place of my own and doing so as the need comes or as I have the spare time and money just to make rooms look better, and liven them up a bit... Never hurts to replace the shut off valves and seals now while they are all out and easy to access... I think that design you're looking at doing will look good, and look forward to seeing updates as you compete this project!!

XJ Wheeler
09-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Looks like fun times Jake.. I've done that a few times over the years helping folks out... Can't wait to get a place of my own and doing so as the need comes or as I have the spare time and money just to make rooms look better, and liven them up a bit... Never hurts to replace the shut off valves and seals now while they are all out and easy to access... I think that design you're looking at doing will look good, and look forward to seeing updates as you compete this project!!

Appreciate that James! Its got a learning curve but like I said, i'm always up for learning. Especially when it comes to either auto or house work. SO i'll take it as an opportunity to get this stuff down. I was actually under the house yesterday pairing the joist and while I was under there I checked out the construction and all the process it took to build it. I'm not really new to construction, but my knowledge is with building new. Repairing is a new bag of tricks. And like you said, replace the easy stuff now. Cause it may not be as such later. Hope you get your place soon and is great so you can make it your own. :thumbsup:

bluedragon436
09-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Appreciate that James! Its got a learning curve but like I said, i'm always up for learning. Especially when it comes to either auto or house work. SO i'll take it as an opportunity to get this stuff down. I was actually under the house yesterday pairing the joist and while I was under there I checked out the construction and all the process it took to build it. I'm not really new to construction, but my knowledge is with building new. Repairing is a new bag of tricks. And like you said, replace the easy stuff now. Cause it may not be as such later. Hope you get your place soon and is great so you can make it your own. :thumbsup:

Yeah I can't wait to get a place to make my own as well.. As I'll be getting out of AD military and headed back down to SC, I will most likely be renting for a little while longer so I can get back on my feet, and have a little bit of time to look for a place to purchase.. Will be looking for a decent deal and looking for a place with a little bit of property, as I don't feel like having prying eyes and complaining neighbors for anything I do on my property... And will def be looking for a place far from any issues with HOA's!! But in the mean time while I'm renting and paying someone else's mortgage I will keep learning how to do stuff as those places need small fixes.. Figure by the time I get my own place, I'll have a better knowledge for those jobs at least!!

WhiteDevil1311
09-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Id love to get back down to SC. Only saw the inside of the ft relaxin but loved the scenery when out on marches and junk. We rent for the same reasons and just be wary get every agreement in writting. Dont touch anything more than a light bulb without their knowledge. Some are cool some aren't. I did the work thing and he ended up with alot of free work and I got a rent increase....verbal agreements mean jack. By the way. Thanks for volunteering your time to our brotherhood.

As for me im gonna do some storm debris clean up and double check my parts list for the new aquarium filter im building for my monster tank

XJ Wheeler
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah I can't wait to get a place to make my own as well.. As I'll be getting out of AD military and headed back down to SC, I will most likely be renting for a little while longer so I can get back on my feet, and have a little bit of time to look for a place to purchase.. Will be looking for a decent deal and looking for a place with a little bit of property, as I don't feel like having prying eyes and complaining neighbors for anything I do on my property... And will def be looking for a place far from any issues with HOA's!! But in the mean time while I'm renting and paying someone else's mortgage I will keep learning how to do stuff as those places need small fixes.. Figure by the time I get my own place, I'll have a better knowledge for those jobs at least!!

I can see that. I use to think renting was a waste but with problems like this it really helps if its somebody else's costs. And i definitely agree with having a big place away from neighbors, and HOA can bite me! :D

saar
09-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I took it outside to the woods :)

http://youtu.be/p_Sg-U7f2Tk

bluedragon436
09-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Ordered it a small leveling/lift kit.. would go higher but I need to still be able to haul with it, and want to keep more money in my pockets for new Jeep build..

bluedragon436
09-07-2014, 08:39 AM
And my design for the new tile. Its gonna be white marble. Not my choice of tile but I figure if I gotta use that I could add something with maybe accents.

I think the white marble will look nice, and I'd say the accent tiles should be either a black marble or some other sort of marble other then the white... I only say this cause I've seen people do white marble tiles and then do accents with just plan one color blue or black or something like that.. and it def doesn't look good with the marble.. Also was wondering if you plan on doing a wet saw to cut your tiles, doing the score and snap method or going to have the store cut em for ya??

WhiteDevil1311
09-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Painted the deck.

take your tile to a stone supply house and match to your accent tiles. I always bring an LED puck light to brighten and shade the materials. Even home improvement stores will get you closer to the look you love not like. NEVER COMPROMISE

XJ Wheeler
09-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I think the white marble will look nice, and I'd say the accent tiles should be either a black marble or some other sort of marble other then the white... I only say this cause I've seen people do white marble tiles and then do accents with just plan one color blue or black or something like that.. and it def doesn't look good with the marble.. Also was wondering if you plan on doing a wet saw to cut your tiles, doing the score and snap method or going to have the store cut em for ya??

Well, the plan as of now is glass mosaic (dark grey, beige, and white) for the perimeter accents with 6" white marble against the outside. 12" maybe for the inside and we're thinking a 6" slate tile on the center. Later on the wall tile will have to be done with this new floor going down. I mean yellow ceramic doesn't go well with white marble. :rolleyes: lol. So again, we're thinking slate for the walls. I believe the contrast will go well, and both are a natural looking stone. Hopefully...

You can't use score and snap for marble. So the options are... Take them in to the store and have them cut each one. But this would take forever since i am gonna have to kinda cut as i go. Next... We could rent a wet saw but the cheapest i found is $46 a day and being my first time i don't want to be rushed so for $99 we can buy a wet saw. Like i do with the jeep i'll buy the tool and do the work and hopefully save some money. :D

autotech98
09-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a good plan.That's what i tell my wife if you buy the tool then you always have it to do other stuff.Course then your Honey-Do list can get bigger too..lol.Good luck id love to see how it turns out

XJ Wheeler
09-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a good plan.That's what i tell my wife if you buy the tool then you always have it to do other stuff.Course then your Honey-Do list can get bigger too..lol.Good luck id love to see how it turns out

I like getting new tools anyway so at least this gives me a reason. :D And you're exactly right. There's already talked of doing a backsplash in the kitchen. :p Thanks, i definitely post up the final product.

Today is a wash, literally. Raining too much and we can't cut the plywood to lay the cement board down.

Dredwolf
09-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Well, the plan as of now is glass mosaic (dark grey, beige, and white) for the perimeter accents with 6" white marble against the outside. 12" maybe for the inside and we're thinking a 6" slate tile on the center. Later on the wall tile will have to be done with this new floor going down. I mean yellow ceramic doesn't go well with white marble. :rolleyes: lol. So again, we're thinking slate for the walls. I believe the contrast will go well, and both are a natural looking stone. Hopefully...

You can't use score and snap for marble. So the options are... Take them in to the store and have them cut each one. But this would take forever since i am gonna have to kinda cut as i go. Next... We could rent a wet saw but the cheapest i found is $46 a day and being my first time i don't want to be rushed so for $99 we can buy a wet saw. Like i do with the jeep i'll buy the tool and do the work and hopefully save some money. :D

Take your time and you'll be surprised how well that $99 saw can work with careful measurements.

My wife agreed to several tool purchases when it came to repairing things on the house when it became a remodel as well
:)

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Take your time and you'll be surprised how well that $99 saw can work with careful measurements.

My wife agreed to several tool purchases when it came to repairing things on the house when it became a remodel as well
:)

We actually picked up one at Harbor Freight yesterday for $50 with the 20% coupon. Although it didn't come with the blade so another $25. But cheaper is cheaper.

A couple weeks ago we built a deck and we got to get a drill and reciprocating saw. They may of just been HF versions but still... tools are fun. :D

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 01:22 AM
The progress has been slow with the rain we have been getting. Not complaining, we need it! Back on track... we got the base of the subfloor finished. 1"x6" to match up to the original.

Instead of the mortar bed we are gonna build it up with 3/4" plywood and 1/4" cement board. We go the majority of the plywood in. We had to do them in sections to get the under the flange and walls. Still have to finish the plywood around the flange but that should go quick.

Picked up a contour gauge for this project. I've wanted one for a long time for metal fab work and can't tell you how valuable it was for this.

Dredwolf
09-10-2014, 06:00 PM
We actually picked up one at Harbor Freight yesterday for $50 with the 20% coupon. Although it didn't come with the blade so another $25. But cheaper is cheaper.

A couple weeks ago we built a deck and we got to get a drill and reciprocating saw. They may of just been HF versions but still... tools are fun. :D

Tools are indeed fun, and you get more cooperation when they are used on the house;)

Table saw, miter saw, air nailers, air stapler, palm air nailer, tile saw, miter saw stand, new stud finder, laser level, voltage tester, circuit tracer, rotozip, multitool, rip guide, etc etc

All because "could you do X for less than $ we were quoted by (insert trade person here)?"

"Absolutely, have done X with my father X years ago, still same basic process, may need a couple of tools though...."

"Okay, what do we need??"

::::cracks knuckles:::::: "Alrighty then, if you want laminated floor, we'll need to trim the door jambs, so we'll need......."

To be fair, I have to encourage her to get quality tools for her, big difference between HF mini-pliers and the $$ German jewelry-making tools, especially the ones she uses every day.

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Tools are indeed fun, and you get more cooperation when they are used on the house;)

Table saw, miter saw, air nailers, air stapler, palm air nailer, tile saw, miter saw stand, new stud finder, laser level, voltage tester, circuit tracer, rotozip, multitool, rip guide, etc etc

All because "could you do X for less than $ we were quoted by (insert trade person here)?"

"Absolutely, have done X with my father X years ago, still same basic process, may need a couple of tools though...."

"Okay, what do we need??"

::::cracks knuckles:::::: "Alrighty then, if you want laminated floor, we'll need to trim the door jambs, so we'll need......."

To be fair, I have to encourage her to get quality tools for her, big difference between HF mini-pliers and the $$ German jewelry-making tools, especially the ones she uses every day.

:smiley-laughing021: Nailed it!!! :D

saar
09-11-2014, 03:26 AM
I rebuilt the front control arm.
Replaced the bushings and ball joints in my Montero (http://www.pajero.guru/how-to-replace-the-front-upper-bushings-and-ball-joint-nm-pajero/)
3 hours of work...

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2014, 02:12 AM
Okay, we've had some hold ups. Mainly needing more tools or materials. But we finished up the plywood.

And we got the cement board cut and installed with thinset. I may have done the joints with a bit much. Anybody know how to even this out? We tried sandpaper, it shredded it.

And today we started cutting tile. The saw does well, although we got a new blade that cuts better from home depot. I got all the outside 6" tiles cut, and started on the glass mosaic. Got too late to run the saw so hopefully we'll finish up cutting tomorrow. It is really growing on me. I think the glass accents will make all the difference. Here's an example.

msmoorenburg
09-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Okay, we've had some hold ups. Mainly needing more tools or materials. But we finished up the plywood.

And we got the cement board cut and installed with thinset. I may have done the joints with a bit much. Anybody know how to even this out? We tried sandpaper, it shredded it.

And today we started cutting tile. The saw does well, although we got a new blade that cuts better from home depot. I got all the outside 6" tiles cut, and started on the glass mosaic. Got too late to run the saw so hopefully we'll finish up cutting tomorrow. It is really growing on me. I think the glass accents will make all the difference. Here's an example.

when you finish up I have a Cabin waiting for ya :P

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2014, 04:32 PM

autotech98
09-15-2014, 06:41 PM

the high spots on your thinset can be knocked down with a grinder...carefully

autotech98
09-15-2014, 06:43 PM
looks great btw.glad my wife doesn't check out this forum...my honey do list would get bigger!:smiley-scared003:

Brasscatz
09-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Don't worry Jake.... every time I install a faucet, disposal or light fixture he says the same to me ;) We all need to make a day of it though and get up there and help Matt finish that cabin. I know I'll need a place to crash when I ask the wife again if I can keep both Jeeps :D

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks a ton Ian! Will i need a special wheel for that or will the flap wheel do it?

Thanks for the compliment. Other things have already been put on the list because we now have the tools for tiling. :rolleyes:

autotech98
09-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Ptetty shure the flap wheel will do it.been a while since i did a tile job.

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Ptetty shure the flap wheel will do it.been a while since i did a tile job.

I'll give it a try. Much appreciated!

autotech98
09-17-2014, 02:58 AM
hey jake just wondering if the flap wheel worked for ya?

XJ Wheeler
09-17-2014, 03:10 AM
hey jake just wondering if the flap wheel worked for ya?

Yep, it sure did. It did well enough for a while and ate up the two i had. Then i tried a new grinding wheel. Oddly enough that didn't do as good. Thanks for the tip.

autotech98
09-17-2014, 03:26 AM
No problem man glad to help

autotech98
09-18-2014, 05:48 AM
Had to put new screen material on windows for house.not as difficult as i thought.new ones on right old on left6055

bluedragon436
09-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Jump started it.. apparently it started just fine a few days ago.. so guess we'll see what she does after being driven every day!!

autotech98
09-19-2014, 05:28 AM
just put the heavy duty jumpers back in the jeep.no cables feels like walking through bear country with no gun.:p

XJ Wheeler
09-20-2014, 03:53 AM
Finally all the tile is cut and sealed once.

XJ Wheeler
09-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Eight long hours later the tile is installed! The mosaics gave me a bit of difficulty but all in all i'm happy with the results. Still gotta grout it though.

msmoorenburg
09-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Replaced the rear hub to make it a roller again (darn wire wheels leak)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/20140921_182924_zpsoywo6qld.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/20140921_182924_zpsoywo6qld.jpg.html)

Got Patina :patriot: It saw real daylight for a change now its time to clean up the other side

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/20140921_184832_zpsectmmkmy.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/20140921_184832_zpsectmmkmy.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/20140921_184847_zpsryg2vycy.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/20140921_184847_zpsryg2vycy.jpg.html)

autotech98
09-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Awesome.love the mg?

msmoorenburg
09-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome.love the mg?

yes is a 1970 MGB GT

XJ Wheeler
09-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Took a few days to test a couple different color grouts and ended up choosing the first one anyway. We went with a light gray. Sure hope it was the right choice. Will know in 16-24 hours. And i'll bring pics.

autotech98
09-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Cool jake cant wait:cool:

XJ Wheeler
09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Wait no more... here it is. Still gotta do the base boards but I couldn't wait. By the way we decided not to do the slate center tile.

4.3LXJ
09-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Very nice Jake. Worthy of your usual level of craftsmanship

autotech98
09-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Very neat and clean

XJ Wheeler
09-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys. It was a ton of work and I am very glad the hard parts done.

Dredwolf
09-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Well, Murphy has apparently decided to camp out at my house. :bang:

In 2011, my son attempted to use the front-end loader on my Massey Ferguson tractor like a high-speed dozer.

Almost $5K later, the tractor and loader were operational again, my savings were severely depleted, and I hoped my son had learned his lesson.

Apparently it was a mistake to pay someone to split the tractor 2 ways, gut the old transmission housing, locate a good used housing, and reassemble the entire transmission into the good used housing without my son doing more than helping me load it on a roll-back....because it got broke worse this time.

When I can post the picture without tears, I will do so, but imagine a large pizza slice busted out of a cast iron bellhousing....:sad0147:

The gentleman who did the work before has retired, but will offer tips. So now we have to clear out my way over-stuffed "too low for a XJ" garage to make room for the Massey Ferguson 250 tractor my son and I will be splitting and repairing this winter....the hard way.

I located a housing in Alabama, going to go pick it up in a few weeks. In the mean time, to pay for this mess and not hit the family budget, my son is helping me do various XJ/ZJ/WJ/KJ repairs for friends in the evenings and on weekends. Once we actually have some pictures that don't big me to tears, I'll post some pics of the work and progress.

And a side note on the various Jeep repairs....those OEM KJ lower ball joints are terrible...the Moog K80767 is a huge improvement over the OEM part.

XJ Wheeler
09-30-2014, 10:24 PM
I think we may be related John...

Woke up to the a/c not working at home. Its a central air system and the outside unit comes on fine but the blower motor isn't working. :rolleyes:

Dredwolf
09-30-2014, 11:09 PM
I think we may be related John...

Woke up to the a/c not working at home. Its a central air system and the outside unit comes on fine but the blower motor isn't working. :rolleyes:

I heard my dad say once "If it's not one thing, it's twenty." Being young, I asked, "Dad, isn't the saying "its ten?".

Dad's response: "Son, for ordinary people, its ten. For us, its double, so its twenty."

May I need to make a list of what is NOT broke.

XJ Wheeler
09-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Priceless!

Pookapotamus
10-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Wait no more... here it is. Still gotta do the base boards but I couldn't wait. By the way we decided not to do the slate center tile.

Wow jake, very nice! Whatcha doing this weekend? Going to be up in the Calgary area???

I went to re grout our bathroom tiles in the shower and almost put a hole in the wall the drywall was not so dry! Had to order a new tub!

XJ Wheeler
10-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Wow jake, very nice! Whatcha doing this weekend? Going to be up in the Calgary area???

I went to re grout our bathroom tiles in the shower and almost put a hole in the wall the drywall was not so dry! Had to order a new tub!

Thanks a ton Pook! And i wish!!

Ouch! That's how it seems to always go. The snowball effect right?!?!

XJ Wheeler
10-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Day #2 with no air... and its hotter. :mad: A friend of ours called a heating/cooling guy he knows and he had his coworker come out. From him and the other opinions we've gotten this is an ancient system. :rolleyes: And the motor is extinct. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So very hard to find, if not impossible. :banghead: So now we are just waiting to see if anyone can locate one. Just gotta get through tomorrow and we get a cool front!

Brasscatz
10-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Day #2 with no air... and its hotter. :mad: A friend of ours called a heating/cooling guy he knows and he had his coworker come out. From him and the other opinions we've gotten this is an ancient system. :rolleyes: And the motor is extinct. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So very hard to find, if not impossible. :banghead: So now we are just waiting to see if anyone can locate one. Just gotta get through tomorrow and we get a cool front!

You have some fans to hold you over? I have some you can borrow if not

XJ Wheeler
10-01-2014, 11:04 PM
You have some fans to hold you over? I have some you can borrow if not

We have a couple. Its not quite enough but we can just go outside, its actually cooler out than in. We also picked up and installed a tiny window unit today for just over a hundred bucks to help with sleeping and if we get too hot lock ourselves in the bedrooms. :rolleyes:

Thanks though. I'll let you know if it comes to that. Hoping we can get this done sooner rather than later. :pray:

saar
10-02-2014, 12:28 AM
I made new rock sliders :)

http://www.pajero.guru/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/slider-3.jpg

http://www.pajero.guru/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/slider-final.jpg

4.3LXJ
10-02-2014, 01:01 AM

Did you try spinning the blower cage when it was supposed to be on? Many times it is just the capacitor

XJ Wheeler
10-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Did you try spinning the blower cage when it was supposed to be on? Many times it is just the capacitor

Well, the guy said a new capacitor had apparently already been installed and that the wires inside the motor are pretty burnt. Also, you can't do the spin thing to this one because its mounted inside the housing. Thanks though. I wish that was the case. Would be much cheaper. :rolleyes:

msmoorenburg
10-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Did a little yankin on the MGB GT today. Man that engine swap was a hack! The passenger side motor mount was a old skateboard wheel. They also torched some of the cross-member for oilfilter clearance :flameon: They would still had to remove the engine to change the filter

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/20140930_190710_zpsmyjdl5hz.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/20140930_190710_zpsmyjdl5hz.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/20140930_190721_zpsw6w2ov7k.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/20140930_190721_zpsw6w2ov7k.jpg.html)

Anyone looking to buy a Nissan A14 engine and auto tranny

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/77%20MG/received_m_mid_1412120105310_d7772198c1d54e1a10_0_ zpslosawshh.jpeg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/77%20MG/received_m_mid_1412120105310_d7772198c1d54e1a10_0_ zpslosawshh.jpeg.html)

4.3LXJ
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Don't you just love those hack jobs? What are you going to replace it with?

msmoorenburg
10-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Don't you just love those hack jobs? What are you going to replace it with?

I purchased a 92 Miata donor car for the MGB GT still toying with the idea in adding a turbo to the Miata motor

here is the donor car testing out the factory LSD :)

http://youtu.be/IoetlH9JYPU

denverd1
10-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Last week I built a surfgate system for my boat. The $100K boats have them and I aint paying for it. I'll post pics later, but it creates a much cleaner surf wave with it than without. And it cost me about 40 bucks to build.

Here's a $100K boat gate setup
http://www.waterskimag.com/files/2012/12/SurfGate1.jpg

I'll post mine up later

XJ Wheeler
10-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Well, yesterday we got some relief. A friend of ours who is a pastor had an extra window unit as well as contacted another who donated one so he brought em over. Much better... :D Although I don't like taking charity and fully intend on giving them back or donating the amount. One of the companies we had called about the motor called and said they couldn't find one and to replace the unit would be $3,500! :rolleyes: So we got back to one of the others and said they would call us Monday. :/

Anyways, back on track with the bathroom. We installed and grouted the base board tiles. As well as caulked everywhere. And finally, we got the new toilet out of the kitchen and put it in. Never realized how easy installing a toilet is. Thirty minutes and FLUSH... :D

We did use the "saniseal" instead of a wax seal so hopefully it holds up. After maybe a week I think i'm get under the house and check things out to be sure.

autotech98
10-04-2014, 04:33 AM
Looks great jake! Love the glass inlay

XJ Wheeler
10-04-2014, 04:46 AM
Looks great jake! Love the glass inlay

Thanks a ton Ian! I really think the inlay makes the whole thing come together as well as modernize it.

Dredwolf
10-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks a ton Ian! I really think the inlay makes the whole thing come together as well as modernize it.

The bathroom does look great, glad you found a solution on the A/C.

Would you believe Murphy struck again?

All family members received the "everyone needs to be extra careful for a few weeks" speech multiple time since the tractor was found broke. To save $$, we decided to not renew tags on the '95 van my wife used for festivals, her and my daughter would double team with the Explorers a key festival that she does really great at, with the idea of making some much needed $$.

4 weeks ago, the '91 Explorer blew a heater core hose, and I rigged a by-pass, and my wife instructed our daughter on checking the coolant, and put a 2.5 gallon jug of 50/50 in the '91 while I did the repair. I changed the oil two weeks ago and checked the coolant, maybe a 1/2 gallon total (overflow bottle too), no big deal.

I come home yesterday, '91 Explorer "started making noise at the vocational school (roughly mile from the house), but the gauge was fine, so I drove it home, Dad". My son had already waited for the motor to cool, added water and cranked it, and saw it streaming from the weep hole on the water pump. Since this vehicle was needed at 5AM THIS morning for the festival, late night wrenching ensued. At 2AM, the water pump was changed and the Explorer reassembled, no leaks, but ran a little rough...I'll disconnect the battery in the AM, test drive, etc, etc. Back up at 5AM to pack, wife pulled the '91 to the storage building to load.

"It's running really rough..." "Okay, lets hurry and get loaded, and I'll check it"....two packed Explorers later, test drive of the '91......rough idle, missing on 1-2 cylinders, no power, even at operating temp.:mad0090:

"Daughter, what did it sound like before you pulled over?"
"Uh what do you mean?" "I mean what did the Explorer sound like?" "Uh...." :mad0090: "Why do I get get a feeling you don't know...you could not wait for the ster......you were wearing headphones and using your iPod? After we told you to pay attention?"

"I thought I could just watch the gauges every now and then..." :smiley-angry021:

:bang::sign0055::sign0055::sign0055::sign0055:$@#! @#%&@#@!!@

So....NOW I am looking at head gaskets, or what I expect, cracked heads. So there goes $500 for new improved casting heads, plus trying to do it in the driveway as we head into winter.

So the tractor and my '91 Explorer...20+ years of steady service, well maintained, dependable....all laid to waste because of my inability to teach some key thing to my children.

She is in college, as a commuting student, and has a part time job at a drug store to pay for her cell phone, gas, car insurance, and college meals...she's only been driving the Explorer since June...

One more project to keep me from the XJ. I love my wife and I love my children, but like an idiot, I thought it would get easier once the youngest was done with public school.

4.3LXJ
10-04-2014, 02:12 PM
The joys of children. Mine had to pay for their own repairs. They learned real fast that way

XJ Wheeler
10-04-2014, 05:02 PM
It may be cheaper for you to find a jy engine and swap the parts or just the whole engine.

autotech98
10-04-2014, 05:52 PM
The joys of children. Mine had to pay for their own repairs. They learned real fast that way

i hear you steve..that was deal with the oldest.once they start spending their own money for repairs they learn REALY fast

autotech98
10-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Went home this am after a 12 hour shift to find that the fridge died....spent 500 i didnt really have for a new one...seems Mr.Murphy is making the rounds again:(

Brasscatz
10-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Well let's see. Finished staining the front door, fixed a leaky toilet, did yard work, washed dishes, made an offer on a house (offer was accepted) Put gas in our DD's, aired up tires, and much more that my brain can't remember right now.

bluedragon436
10-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Well let's see. Finished staining the front door, fixed a leaky toilet, did yard work, washed dishes, made an offer on a house (offer was accepted) Put gas in our DD's, aired up tires, and much more that my brain can't remember right now.

Glad to hear that the offer was accepted.. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new place... Can't wait to be able to put in an offer on a place myself, and finally be able to make a place mine... especially garage wise!!

Brasscatz
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks. If ya want, you can see the pictures in the listing here: http://search.har.com/engine/12618-Scouts-Ln-Cypress-TX-77429_HAR75978561.htm

Obviously, still waiting on inspection and such, but it seems the Jeep fund is going bye-bye for a while. Gotta put a lot of money out of pocket to close this deal.
The garage is a large 2-car (preferred 3-car for obvious reasons) but there's plenty of space to put a double gate in the fence on the right of the garage and park my jeep back there.

If anybody is in the Houston area and looking to buy/sell a house, TimmyTXJ's fiance (girlyjen78) is an amazingly talented Realtor.

Prayers welcome for a smooth, easy closing and nothing wrong with the inspection.

bluedragon436
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Looks like a pretty nice place Jim!! I always wonder why realtors and realty websites hardly ever include any pics of the garage, and if they do it is of the outside showing the doors or something... Think they could get far more guy interested in the homes they are listing if they did!!! LOL

Brasscatz
10-05-2014, 09:31 PM
I agree! I am in the automotive photography business and since I started looking for houses..... I think I could make extra $$ on the side if I could get in with some of these real estate companies taking pictures for them! I usually had to go to Google maps street view to look at the garages. I forgot to mention that they added a decent workshop at the back of the garage. Perfect place for all the tools.

XJ Wheeler
10-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Wow, that place is awesome!!! Love the design. And the two car WITH workshop! Yep, I like. :D Hope the inspection goes well and a big CONGRATS to you both! I know you guys are ecstatic to leave that area behind.

Dredwolf
10-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks. If ya want, you can see the pictures in the listing here: http://search.har.com/engine/12618-Scouts-Ln-Cypress-TX-77429_HAR75978561.htm

Obviously, still waiting on inspection and such, but it seems the Jeep fund is going bye-bye for a while. Gotta put a lot of money out of pocket to close this deal.
The garage is a large 2-car (preferred 3-car for obvious reasons) but there's plenty of space to put a double gate in the fence on the right of the garage and park my jeep back there.

If anybody is in the Houston area and looking to buy/sell a house, TimmyTXJ's fiance (girlyjen78) is an amazingly talented Realtor.

Prayers welcome for a smooth, easy closing and nothing wrong with the inspection.
Very, very nice indeed. My wife will never have another kitchen without a double oven, we had no idea it would get used like it does.

Dredwolf
10-05-2014, 11:57 PM
i hear you steve..that was deal with the oldest.once they start spending their own money for repairs they learn REALY fast
Yeah....it took two days of lecturing, but after getting past the "woe is me, I'm back to being a passenger" drama, we have made it real clear,
I'm not turning a single wrench on it again until she has $200 set aside to start, and how long that will take is up to her.

So I replaced the headlight switch on my son's F150 today and started on replacing the plastic tanked POS radiator on my wife's 2003 Explorer.

Tried to figured out an alternative, but looks like I am tracking down some Ford transmission line disconnect tools....:rolleyes:

But I need the 2003 Explorer ready for the trip to Alabama to pick up the salvage housing for my tractor, so oh well.

autotech98
10-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I know auto zone has sets they will rent also for sale pretty reasonably

bluedragon436
10-07-2014, 10:06 AM
I know auto zone has sets they will rent also for sale pretty reasonably

I'd rent it, unless you really plan on needing to use them over and over again.. That way you can get your money back when you are done with them this time...

Dredwolf
10-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I'd rent it, unless you really plan on needing to use them over and over again.. That way you can get your money back when you are done with them this time...
Ended up spending $22 on two pieces of plastic made by OTC......

Would you believe that I got upset over the fact that two pieces of plastic smaller than my thumb worked like magic in a matter of seconds to disconnect those fittings I reconnected them then used the tool four more times to make myself feel better?!?

:mad:

autotech98
10-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Ended up spending $22 on two pieces of plastic made by OTC......

Would you believe that I got upset over the fact that two pieces of plastic smaller than my thumb worked like magic in a matter of seconds to disconnect those fittings I reconnected them then used the tool four more times to make myself feel better?!?

:mad:

:D i've been there myself man

sbspence
10-12-2014, 12:31 AM
I ordered new tires for our XC90 ...remind me NOT to drive that thing and then immediately climb back into the XJ! I love my XJ but man that rig would spoil you! 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

editedforsafety
10-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Some dumb shop cut the lines on my dad's f150 because they didn't have the disconnect tools, and just clamped a hose on it. Leaks ATF now and then, I don't know how he didn't freak out about it.

autotech98
10-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Wow..you gotta love that.

denverd1
10-14-2014, 10:10 AM
I ordered new tires for our XC90 ...remind me NOT to drive that thing and then immediately climb back into the XJ! I love my XJ but man that rig would spoil you! 😜

Brent you ever tow anything with that rig? Tired of getting 10 mpgs but can't give up the horsepower in my Tundra. sum bitch'll PULL!

XJ Wheeler
10-21-2014, 03:18 AM
The bathroom is pretty much complete... finally!

We had put off getting a vanity/sink because we didn't like any in our budget. After a couple weeks we went in to inquire about one, which didn't work out, and inadvertently stumbled upon a nice looking one that was on sale. It ended up actually being mismarked but still got it for that price. We also picked up a new door handle (old one was loose and really dated aka gold!), new faucet (old one was leaking), hoses (also leaking), and p-trap (also also leaking and didn't fit new drain). And caulked around toilet base.

Just need to put up the new shower curtain and redo some caulked around the tub and I shall not even think about working on this room for a while!!!

I know, it doesn't match or go with anything but the deal was too good to pass up.

Brasscatz
10-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Daaang looking good Jake!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

XJ Wheeler
10-28-2014, 04:29 AM
Turns out the vanity/sink was a bit too good to be true. About four days after installing it, a few leaks appeared. At the beginning of the search for the source I find a cracked fitting. The one for the stopper linkage. But, I could still feel water above that so I began disassembling the p-trap/drain. Once I got all of it off I see the problem. Apparently after installation a small chunk of the sink chipped off and disappeared. This opened up a hole around the drains seal. So, everything got pulled out, disassembled, and swapped out. Its all back together. Working for now, but no telling if its made as bad as that last one. :rolleyes:

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2014, 04:11 AM
Now that the bathroom fiasco is over (knock on wood!) finally back to the Malibu. Pulled off the power steering pump and got stopped in our tracks. Need to rent a special pulley puller so... to be continued.

denverd1
10-30-2014, 03:04 PM
no big hammer??

bluedragon436
10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Started lining up everything to get my factory bumpers and rims powder coated, and my grille painted... I hate chrome so much, can't wait to get rid of the chrome!!

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2014, 06:48 PM
no big hammer??

:p Tried a big wrench to no avail.

saar
10-31-2014, 08:08 AM
I replaced the front bushings of the lower control arm (http://www.pajero.guru/how-to-replace-the-lower-front-wishbone-bushings-pajero-nmnp/) of my Montero...
took me the whole day...

Dredwolf
11-07-2014, 11:16 AM
With the tractor and blown heads in my old Explorer events, I needed to clear out my garage to make the repairs during the winter.

I also realized the cleaning would let me pull the XJ's D30 and build it, so ultimately this will benifit the XJ.

We had an old "pool house" in the back that has been coming apart for years due to neglect, but I need a safe place to store tools and parts from the garage.....::twirls hammer::::....time to fix this thing.

XJ Wheeler
01-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Finally got back to the Malibu. Pressed on a new pulley as the old one wouldn't come off for anything. Broke the special tool from the parts store. So, for $17 it was worth it. Put the new pump on and... it wouldn't start. Think the fuel pump is back out. :banghead: Well, that just got pushed back. Don't have the time to dedicate to this right now. Plus it still needs a new battery, wheel cylinder, tire, weatherstripping, and a serious cleaning. So, as we can we'll deal with it.

autotech98
01-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear that man

bruggz351
01-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Had to replace the high pressure hose on the power steering in the Sigma. :thumbdown:

Knocked me $150... :bang: to get one made up.

Oh well, it's back on the road now....

Firemanray
01-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Finally got back to the Malibu. Pressed on a new pulley as the old one wouldn't come off for anything. Broke the special tool from the parts store. So, for $17 it was worth it. Put the new pump on and... it wouldn't start. Think the fuel pump is back out. :banghead: Well, that just got pushed back. Don't have the time to dedicate to this right now. Plus it still needs a new battery, wheel cylinder, tire, weatherstripping, and a serious cleaning. So, as we can we'll deal with it.

Details about this Malibu?!?http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/Deer-popcorn_zpsebafab2e.gif (http://s223.photobucket.com/user/firemanray21/media/Deer-popcorn_zpsebafab2e.gif.html) I've always wanted to build a pro-street type car out of '78-'81ish Malibu. I had a '79 Elcamino with a big engine NOS etc., got hit head on in that monster almost 30 years ago, I really miss it still.

XJ Wheeler
01-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Details about this Malibu?!?http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/Deer-popcorn_zpsebafab2e.gif (http://s223.photobucket.com/user/firemanray21/media/Deer-popcorn_zpsebafab2e.gif.html) I've always wanted to build a pro-street type car out of '78-'81ish Malibu. I had a '79 Elcamino with a big engine NOS etc., got hit head on in that monster almost 30 years ago, I really miss it still.

Lol, its nothing nice or cool. It was my late grandmas car, a '98 v6. Even maroon to up the blah factor. But its got 32k miles and would get twice the mileage anything else we have that runs. Would be awesome if it was a cool old one. :rolleyes:

bluedragon436
01-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Had to have the passenger rear tire plugged, thanks to some pricks and their lack of keeping up with their spare screws/nails.. had two in the same tire, only one deep enough to leak though... That same tire has had a nail in it shortly after I purchased the truck when it was still @ the drivers front position...

autotech98
01-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear that man.

xjken99
01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
I am blessed in many ways, one of which is that I have two toys so if there is any time left this afternoon after cleaning the XJ I will get my '05 Crossfire out of the garage for a drive.

Dredwolf
01-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Well, I may have achieved an XJTalk first....so many of the non-Jeep things are broken, my wife wants the XJ fixed so we have a spare vehicle again....and then my K20 fixed, so we have a dependable 3/4 ton truck again.

:bacondance:

Not how I wanted to get to this point, but hey...it works. :D

And everyone is pitching in to help clean my garage...I actually have space to almost get the front of a vehicle in the door.

We'll see if it lasts.

4.3LXJ
01-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Classic

denverd1
01-27-2015, 02:14 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71TvfiiokaL._SL1108_.jpg
bought a few pair of these dudes for the summer ride

denverd1
02-07-2015, 05:05 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/07/9431169f9d63428405770d3aced94437.jpg
Got the Tundra cleaned out. Sold her. Dropping her off Monday. Then go pick up the grand

bluedragon436
02-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Installed the 93 Octane Tune on my Hemi Ram... She runs so much nicer and the exhaust has such a beautiful tone out of the MBRP exhaust.. Can't wait till I can get it tuned setup for the CAI and Exhaust so I can get her running optimally...

Dredwolf
02-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Well, I may have achieved an XJTalk first....so many of the non-Jeep things are broken, my wife wants the XJ fixed so we have a spare vehicle again....and then my K20 fixed, so we have a dependable 3/4 ton truck again.

:bacondance:

Not how I wanted to get to this point, but hey...it works. :D

And everyone is pitching in to help clean my garage...I actually have space to almost get the front of a vehicle in the door.

We'll see if it lasts.

Got a LOT further this weekend, by not actually working on the garage, at first, but instead completely emptying and reorganizing 2 storage buildings (what in the :sign0055: it that and why are we keeping it??).

Made a lot of room in each, and moved stuff that could stand some exposure to the barn.

Got to finish sorting a couple of bins of misc. fasteners, and then the folding table can be put up, and we'll have enough room to pull the 1991 Explorer in and pull the heads and see how bad it can be.

And the agreement has been made...bad weather will be work on the Explorer, good weather will be XJ wrenching.

I still have that one knuckle to replace, or drill and tap, and install a KeenSert. But I am being optimistic, I put the charger on the Yellow top today at 2 amps while doing the other work.

Here's hoping.

bluedragon436
02-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Was finally able to adjust the latches on my truck box, so now if we get any more snow, I will hopefully still have a dry sealed toolbox.. Since I got it I've been fighting with snow blowing up under the lid and onto all my tools and anything else stored inside it..

XJ Wheeler
02-09-2015, 03:21 AM
It was mainly my brothers project but I supervised. :D One of the more recent junkyard trips we picked up a set on diamond plate bedside covers off a longbed 1500 for my late grandpa's '94 chevy 1500 short bed. So, those went on but had to be cut down to fit the shorter bed. And some tiedowns are going on too. But we got them for a couple bucks so its a good deal all around and it covers the peeling clear coat nicely. Still wish they were black but that can be changed later. Sure coulda used them when we were working this truck. That bed saw a LOT of use!

autotech98
02-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Looks good jake. Wish we still had my granfathers truck. 70 chevy C20 with a sprint car motor and 3 on the tree. Pap liked em fast!

XJ Wheeler
02-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Looks good jake. Wish we still had my granfathers truck. 70 chevy C20 with a sprint car motor and 3 on the tree. Pap liked em fast!

Nice! The 67-72 chevys are one of my favorite trucks.

Wyotonka
02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Drew up a new roof rack for the Tonka truck... 50" curved light bar shows up tomorrow for it
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii587/jit_majors2003/2F27876C-D38A-4A6B-8EF6-B876A56F09FC_zpsta1ba2lk.jpg (http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/jit_majors2003/media/2F27876C-D38A-4A6B-8EF6-B876A56F09FC_zpsta1ba2lk.jpg.html)

XJ Wheeler
02-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Nice looking avalanche! Those wheels are neat!

denverd1
02-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Put floor mats in the Grand

Wyotonka
02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Nice looking avalanche! Those wheels are neat!

Thanks... I was going to look into getting the new Jeep wheels for the xj so that they kinda match.

denverd1
02-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks... I was going to look into getting the new Jeep wheels for the xj so that they kinda match.

moabs would be close

XJ Wheeler
02-19-2015, 03:15 PM
The new rubicon wheels? Yeah those would be close! And from what i've seen they look good on XJs.

Wyotonka
02-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Got the rack built and light bar mounted, now I just need to wire it up.
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii587/jit_majors2003/CDC498F4-D58F-48F6-B481-C02A5929F7B4_zpshvx9ofpc.jpg (http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/jit_majors2003/media/CDC498F4-D58F-48F6-B481-C02A5929F7B4_zpshvx9ofpc.jpg.html)

autotech98
02-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Looks good man. Like the low profile

XJ Wheeler
02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Nice! Cool design.

denverd1
02-28-2015, 01:50 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/28/4fe19a794cfc33080d98f5038668a46f.jpg
Put in half the boat speaks. Wanted to pull bigger wire but decided not to. Not sure I'm happy with it, I expected more sound

bigjim350
04-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Been working on the mustang. Replaced a few sensors and got it running a bit better. Cam is just too big for the stock ECU. Have an appointment in June to get it dyno tuned. Here is a quick idle vid. Its idled just a little high, but its as good as its gonna get right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcyKIWRTIc

denverd1
04-09-2015, 03:06 PM
I had a feeling it wouldn't idle worth a damn unless you were dumping gas in it. you mess with timing at all? perhaps its ECU controlled....

bigjim350
04-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Ive bumped the timing 4* above stock. Bout the most I can go before it starts to ping. But until I get it tuned, ive forced it in to open loop mode. Runs a little rich but idles good and pulls real hard. Tires will break loose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear now if im not careful.

denverd1
04-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Ive bumped the timing 4* above stock. Bout the most I can go before it starts to ping. But until I get it tuned, ive forced it in to open loop mode. Runs a little rich but idles good and pulls real hard. Tires will break loose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear now if im not careful.

sweet! sounds like a fun car!

XJ Wheeler
04-11-2015, 05:27 AM
A couple days ago (i get busy and forget to post :p )my brother and i changed out the transmission lines on our flatbed. He found it leaking the day before when greasing it.

Not a small one... at all.

nickxj94
04-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Done a engine swap on my pickup.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/3c62ed85411c1be54f10e86eb4745097.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/f91f91bb8ab19f6dc49b79091caa7a0e.jpg

Took a couple days. Truck has been sitting in the field for five years..fuel pump was trashed, good thing i kept my old xj pump. It now powers my Nissan 😂..

Still have bugs to work out of it. Brakes are sticking,couple bolts broke off manifold so has a exhaust leak. Gotta get more funds to replace it all.

Drove it home with no brakes lol

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/ee2375236fa7cf3ddf118b4b6ad3aefb.jpg

denverd1
04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/21/212dc356a4e5b8ff134e67f7b6c29544.jpg
Did a little cleaning in the garage. Assembled the rack I bought supplies for last year sometime. Gets our boards up and outta the way. 2" PVC and a couple Ys

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

denverd1
04-27-2015, 06:11 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/27/6614cc29d82020c9ff7f67924c0b8521.jpg
Bamboo wood flooring

4.3LXJ
04-27-2015, 08:32 PM
How many Jeep parts can you buy for the price of wood floors? :smiley-scared003:

denverd1
04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
How many more jeeps is apropos

Just 1 though. We didn't get hammered on it too bad. Bought at surplus and hired our own installer

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Pulled this out, worse than I thought. Any guesses as to what it is? Other than gears of course! :rolleye0012:

Pookapotamus
07-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Pulled this out, worse than I thought. Any guesses as to what it is? Other than gears of course! :rolleye0012:

Steering gear?

XJ Wheeler
07-10-2015, 02:22 AM
Steering gear?

Bingo!

Off the riding mower. Barely got around the yard last time, wheel felt more like a ratchet handle. :crazy:

Somethings missing!

XJ Wheeler
07-15-2015, 02:16 AM
The new steering gear came in today. The thing went on smoothly. Hey, maybe I need to stick to mowers. :D Its nice not having to spin the wheel of fortune to see if i'll have steering or not. Drives beautifully now.

denverd1
07-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Nice beer holder

bluedragon436
07-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Where'd you manage to source the new gear @?? Looks like a bit older mower, figure companies don't like sticking to one design or keeping parts in stock for long... Is very nice to see it back up and going though... Wish I could rescue all older mowers and revive them!!

XJ Wheeler
07-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Nice beer holder

Lol, poweraid mostly. :D

Where'd you manage to source the new gear @?? Looks like a bit older mower, figure companies don't like sticking to one design or keeping parts in stock for long... Is very nice to see it back up and going though... Wish I could rescue all older mowers and revive them!!

Why Ebay of course. :p I have the original manual so I got the part number and it appears they still make them. And they use the same model for husqvarna, craftsman, and a couple others so that helps. This was my grandpa's mower, and is at least 15 years old.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

msmoorenburg
07-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Rolled the parts mule into work to drop off some bumpers to be rechromed.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m639/sellitx/20150706_115716_zpsuk1mmlpq.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sellitx/media/20150706_115716_zpsuk1mmlpq.jpg.html)

Brasscatz
07-16-2015, 02:02 PM

I need to get me one of them mowers. My new back yard is huge and it takes me like 5 hours to mow, edge, weed eat and blow front and back. Well, in my defense, I had an MRI monday that showed me having a disc protrusion/bulging disc pinching my S1 nerve root. Now I know why I've had such back pain and leg numbness for the last decade.

denverd1
07-16-2015, 03:11 PM
I need to get me one of them mowers. My new back yard is huge and it takes me like 5 hours to mow, edge, weed eat and blow front and back. Well, in my defense, I had an MRI monday that showed me having a disc protrusion/bulging disc pinching my S1 nerve root. Now I know why I've had such back pain and leg numbness for the last decade.

selective epidural FTW. I get a few shots every 3 months. Much better way of life

XJ Wheeler
07-16-2015, 05:27 PM

You definitely need one. Its a breeze compared to a push mower. And in this heat, it may very well save your life. :rolleyes:

That'll do it! Good to know though. They say what can be done?

Brasscatz
07-16-2015, 08:36 PM
gonna do physical therapy for now. Well... when I find the time to go lol. If there's no improvement, I'll go back to the neurologist

bruggz351
07-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Sold it!! :(
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/bruggz351/Sigma/c319a8ee-cf9d-478f-aea3-47460d628ed9_zps5c4942f2.jpg

But now I can start lookin for a Willys truck project!!:bacondance:

denverd1
07-20-2015, 03:01 PM
gonna do physical therapy for now. Well... when I find the time to go lol. If there's no improvement, I'll go back to the neurologist
Hmm. After 10 years of that shit, I'd be in line to get in fixed. PT will give you intermittent relief. Hope it helps

prerunner1982
07-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Scanned a check engine light with my OBDII bluetooth dongle and Torque app.... looks like I will be doing an EGR R&R in the near future... again.

XJ Wheeler
07-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Finally got around to pulling the Malibus fuel pump again. It went out a few months ago, and a looming warranty date spurred us to get it out. Tested and yep, nothing. Gonna have to ship it back, since its an eBay special.

Dredwolf
07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Finally got a set of aftermarket loaded heads, rocker arms, pushrods, head bolts and gaskets to finish the top end on the 1991 Explorer 4.0, figured I would rebuild the A/C system while I had it down too.

Little concerned on the heads, the oil passage plugs are simply not drilled in the aftermarket heads, guess I will call C&J Enterprises tomorrow. I read somewhere they have done well with the Jeep 4.0 heads, hope I made a good choice.:pray:

4.3LXJ
07-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Dayam John, you have as much junk sitting around as I do

Dredwolf
07-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Dayam John, you have as much junk sitting around as I do

I added some to my signature...plus I have a 1995 G2500 van, and a 1998 Flagstaff pop-up.....all needing work.

Finally got a new job at different company that hopefully will not have me working every other weekend and at night (still salaried though), maybe I can fix something.

Dredwolf
07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Well, I came home to presents...BUT once again, wrong head gasket. I am trying to order a PermaTorque from RockAuto, and I get a FelPro package, but its got a Victor gasket. To their credit, RockAuto is trying to resolve, but keep shipping a Victor gasket in a FelPro package.

Trying to figure out what to do about the lifters...they can be cleaned, but its tedious....

Dredwolf
07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Got the gasket issue sorted out, and the full head gasket set in, trying a set of e-bay roller lifters.

so pushrods, rockers, lifters, cylinder heads, gaskets, head bolts, radiator, compressor, condenser, evaporator, accumulator/dryer, hoses, o-rings etc etc etc...

But my tube of Lubriplate 105 is missing...and the AZ/AA box stores have no clue. What is everybody else using these days?

Dredwolf
08-02-2015, 10:31 PM
While I was waiting on the lifters, I decided to see if I could dissemble these original lifters and check for broken springs, etc, since I could not get them to budge with a push rod....

Well, turns out, on this 1991, looks like oil sludge clogged the lifters...

With some thinking and a dip can of carb cleaner, I think I can "clean" the OEM lifters and make them work again.

bluedragon436
08-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Hopefully I'll get to fly quietly on her and not have to do anything to my non Jeep today... especially nothing like this:

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/l/t1.0-9/294330_605927130553_412560572_n.jpg?oh=ac99fc6cc08 8bca18a5c0a17d13b370a&oe=5651A7C3

or

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/314703_604861560963_2106145163_n.jpg?oh=2973e9e089 7cc5e91fb3110ea17bbbb9&oe=565070F9

denverd1
08-03-2015, 12:33 PM
While I was waiting on the lifters, I decided to see if I could dissemble these original lifters and check for broken springs, etc, since I could not get them to budge with a push rod....

Well, turns out, on this 1991, looks like oil sludge clogged the lifters...

With some thinking and a dip can of carb cleaner, I think I can "clean" the OEM lifters and make them work again.
Acetone is a pretty good solvent as well if you want to soak them in something else

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

denverd1
08-05-2015, 09:29 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/05/96e1538e9ba1ab98ae403121b76bdede.jpg

denverd1
08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Woke up to no hot watet. Everything in my house is pushing 10 years old. Heard the fridge make some weird noise last week as well. May be time to sell and throw it in with the deal. Especially while rates are low.

Water heater needed some love today. Thermocouple died.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/10/645b4c2a8ce8b5f69fa01978c27592e5.jpg

Pilot light stays lit
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/10/c93af40344259ac3c0d988c50b01b5f5.jpg

tinythexj
08-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Fixed the starter on the riding mower, now I just need to fix the key switch again that only last a year or two.

XJ Wheeler
08-11-2015, 03:39 AM
Changed out the plugs and wires on the work truck. Surprised they weren't worse at over 240k miles. :rolleye0012: Expected little blobs of metal and iridium...

Mudderoy
08-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Hopefully I'll get to fly quietly on her and not have to do anything to my non Jeep today... especially nothing like this:

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/l/t1.0-9/294330_605927130553_412560572_n.jpg?oh=ac99fc6cc08 8bca18a5c0a17d13b370a&oe=5651A7C3

or

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/314703_604861560963_2106145163_n.jpg?oh=2973e9e089 7cc5e91fb3110ea17bbbb9&oe=565070F9

Will those tires mount on a 7x15 rim?

slvmart
08-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Finally had some time to work on my F350. It had a Trailer Brake Controller fault. It all happened this spring when I evicted a resident squirrel. Found the chewed up wires and repaired them. Fortunately, it wasn't in a super difficult to access area. TBC (factory integrated) back being operative. At least it was a easy fix.

bluedragon436
08-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Will those tires mount on a 7x15 rim?

Unfortunately only 20" rims... Been trying to get them to let us bling out one set... have some Chrome 20's on the jet... lol These things make quite mess when they let go...

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1280485_794414615123_420535014_n.jpg?oh=a73c0e3ef0 a53bca8f68134e44df0252&oe=563E2157

OGCollard
08-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Its only a vehicle in some peoples minds but redoing the floor in the bathroom and all i can say is......How did i not get peter griffined one day while taking a poop with the floor like that!!!!

OGCollard
08-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Sorry pic wont load. Grr! Anyway the whole subfloor fell away around the waste pipe. Coulda been bad!

4.3LXJ
08-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Leaking wax ring?

OGCollard
08-21-2015, 11:18 PM
I beleive so. Was leaking under the tile. Subfloor has to be completely replaced. Flange is broken on edge too. We are talking a house built in 1913 with old old cast iron pipes so i have to live with the broken flange. I have a semicircular ring that will sit under the flang that the bolt will go through. With a level new floor and new wax ring and toilet should be fine. Id rather be finding the idle culprit in my jeep though!

XJ Wheeler
08-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I beleive so. Was leaking under the tile. Subfloor has to be completely replaced. Flange is broken on edge too. We are talking a house built in 1913 with old old cast iron pipes so i have to live with the broken flange. I have a semicircular ring that will sit under the flang that the bolt will go through. With a level new floor and new wax ring and toilet should be fine. Id rather be finding the idle culprit in my jeep though!

Same thing happened to us last year, well the floor didn't fall out but was definitely not in a good way. Had to rip all of it out to the joists, and even pair up a few. Fun job for a beginner...

The project is somewhere deep in this thread.

OGCollard
08-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Got new floor flange and valves in. Lay top flooring tomorrow, install toilet. Paint midweek and put waist high wood paneling and sink in and call it done

nickxj94
08-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Haven't done anything to my xj lately. But here is a picture lol
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/22/369a391f16a21dc3e556d8253f23f308.jpg

Worked on my wife's xj a couple weeks ago.
Trying to find a popping noise in the rear while turning. So replaced the spider gears cause they had some slack and a broken shim.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/22/c48e5ef55e88517f8ba01003bf1b07a3.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/22/3a581092aa964940c113565ae25cf3e1.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/22/e93fd3e31e17a3eae347e773335611d7.jpg

Still does the same thing....
Also fixed a few vacuum leaks. Having problems with ac blowing out of defrost when under a load. Guess it the hvac door. Still didn't fix it.

bigjim350
08-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Put in a new all aluminum 3 core rad in the mustang and a new fan clutch. Now it runs really cool even with the A/C on. Also put in a new short throw shifter.

bigjim350
09-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Ive been doing a 5 lug swap on the mustang. And I needed some temp rollers till I get the rims I want. Then I remembered the rims I got from Ray a while back. Here is a good before and after on the polish I did.

LizardRunner
09-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Nice polish job there Jim.

Pinkyman
09-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Got new floor flange and valves in. Lay top flooring tomorrow, install toilet. Paint midweek and put waist high wood paneling and sink in and call it done

Sounds interesting!

Link to build thread please? :smiley-laughing021:

*Edit: Just noticed this was the NON jeep thread. My bad :(

denverd1
09-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Fd it up
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/27/8d31a98671912899b121f2b7d63b0940.jpg

Brasscatz
09-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Been collecting reclaimed wood to begin some woodworking. Today I made some stackable sawhorses out of scrap

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo7/thestalliontruck/sawhorse2_zpshrclhq2i.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/thestalliontruck/media/sawhorse2_zpshrclhq2i.jpg.html)

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo7/thestalliontruck/sawhorse1_zps7naxhzzk.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/thestalliontruck/media/sawhorse1_zps7naxhzzk.jpg.html)

bigjim350
10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Finally finished the 5 lug swap on the Mustang. Poor car was looking pretty ugly till I got the new tires and wheels put on today.

4.3LXJ
10-08-2015, 07:15 PM
You are right Jim, a definite improvement

XJ Wheeler
10-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Sweet set of wheels jimbo!

runnerswife
10-18-2015, 07:58 AM
So my mom vehicle (yes a stupid minivan) decided to break down Thursday after getting gasoline. Jon came and rescued us. We spent Thursday diagnosing the issue and Friday he and I spent all day replacing the fuel pump. I will add I also had a full tank of gas and Jon did get pulled over dragging it home.

autotech98
10-18-2015, 08:37 AM
They are always full when the pump goes out...at least mine are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Brasscatz
10-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Why did he get pulled over?

prerunner1982
10-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Why did he get pulled over?

Because we were dragging it instead of using a tow dolly or wrecker. Apparently it's illegal. First time I have ever had an issue...

Not sure if the law is state, county, or just this yuppy town. We got a warning and made it home.

Brasscatz
10-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Dad and I used to do it all the time. Cops told us it was legal as long as it was daylight... which we usually followed :D

bluedragon436
10-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Started her for the first time in over a week, since I've been driving the XJ every day to work

prerunner1982
10-19-2015, 12:04 PM
And I decided I like the taste of 100% gas over E-10... E-10 is like light beer. lol

Just glad I finally got the taste out of my mouth and quit burping up fumes.

abebehrmann
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
And I decided I like the taste of 100% gas over E-10... E-10 is like light beer. lol

Just glad I finally got the taste out of my mouth and quit burping up fumes.

Hahahahah! :flameon:

I remember one time when I was a kid and I really wanted to ride my dirt bike but we were out of gas and our house was 20 miles from the nearest gas station. My brother, who had just gotten his wisdom teeth out, decided to help me out by siphoning some gas out of his car for me. I guess he must've been hopped up on those goofballs they give you after you get your oral surgery done, because he didn't see the gas coming through the hose until he had a big ol mouthful of it! He immediately sprayed it out of his mouth and was screaming about how much it burned. HAHAHAHA, it's funny now but little 8 year old Abe was scared at the time. :smiley-scared003:

bigjim350
11-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Last week I put some new rims on the wifes truck. The lift kit will go on next week. I also did HID headlights and fog lights on it. Those are a nightmare to wire up on a ram BTW.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11219092_10208243972407305_5755943502525948236_n.j pg?oh=cd7024de941f5c31e2fc63e78abce613&oe=56B1EAF8

Installed 2" drop shackles and billet grill on my ol' ford to make it look a little better.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12241189_10208280829088699_4468816156389283948_n.j pg?oh=fde3e15b3c1706f133fb5f0db61bb776&oe=56B43CAC
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12239986_10208280831328755_3810795524555635635_n.j pg?oh=0b95f7755998a4fcb2ff24e679ab7fa1&oe=56BED64A