PDA

View Full Version : Update on everything explaining MIA

ETXXJ89
02-22-2014, 09:54 PM
So I know I haven't been on awhile but been quite busy with work and traveling back and forth to DFW metroplex for wifes dr visits. The guy I bought the 89 XJ from approached me in town wanting to buy it back after I replaced the windshield. So I sold it back to him then had to start making the trips to wifes dr appointments. that didn't leave much time to shop for Jeeps. Today picked up a new Jeep. a 95 Grand Cherokee. v8, lift, exhaust, tires, custom bumpers, HIDS. needs new ujoints and a 4 wheel alignment but for the most part its in good shape mechanically, cosmedically not so much.
pics to follow soon

bluedragon436
02-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Glad everything has worked out for you guys... Why aren't there pictures on here of the GC yet?? LOL.. JK JK... But do look forward to seeing pics of it whenever you get time.. And hope everything continues to progress on the up and up for you and your wife!!

XJ Wheeler
02-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Hey! Good to have ya back on here. Hope everything going well and can't wait to see those pics. I love modded ZJs.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Mudderoy
02-23-2014, 08:00 AM
So I know I haven't been on awhile but been quite busy with work and traveling back and forth to DFW metroplex for wifes dr visits. The guy I bought the 89 XJ from approached me in town wanting to buy it back after I replaced the windshield. So I sold it back to him then had to start making the trips to wifes dr appointments. that didn't leave much time to shop for Jeeps. Today picked up a new Jeep. a 95 Grand Cherokee. v8, lift, exhaust, tires, custom bumpers, HIDS. needs new ujoints and a 4 wheel alignment but for the most part its in good shape mechanically, cosmedically not so much.
pics to follow soon

lol seems it would have been cheaper for him to replace the windshield. lol I always tell people don't sell that Cherokee, you'll regret it. :watermelon:

XJ Wheeler
02-23-2014, 08:03 AM
lol seems it would have been cheaper for him to replace the windshield. lol I always tell people don't sell that Cherokee, you'll regret it. :watermelon:

Remind me not to invite you when I go look for a second one!

:smiley-laughing021:

ETXXJ89
02-23-2014, 08:35 AM
ok lets hope they load. I got quite lucky as in this jeep had everything done to it that I would ever want to do to one with the exeption of a snorkel. picked it up for 3k. I think I got a good buy. may change out rear bumper or find a way to weld a receiver hitch to this one. The guy put a lot of money into it. converted it to coil over suspension all the way around, rough country 6 inch lift, 4 wheel disk brakes, the custom bumpers, pro comp steel wheels, Mickey Thompson Baja Claws in 33". Cold air intake, HIDS. interior is missing the headliner which is status quo for these things.4635

ETXXJ89
02-23-2014, 08:40 AM

XJ Wheeler
02-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Nice! Looks good and got some goodies to go! I do like that rear bumper too.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

ETXXJ89
02-23-2014, 10:02 AM
I love the bumper just wish the rear bumper had a receiver hitch. the front bumper doesn't look like I can mount a winch but ill figure something out. I got to digging around in the back and it has a whole new headlight assembly, extra bulbs, a few extra parts, I figured out why the new headlight assembly was back there, somehow the one on the jeep got cracked in the back. last night when I sprayed it down I got water in there and messed up one of my HIDS. gonna try to find replacements, if not and I doubt it in this small town im gonna just put silverstars in there for now.

bad luck
02-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Nice! I see that it has the V8 engine, after you have it for a while can you let us know what kind of mpg it gets? I guess it has a lot more power than the 4.0 liter. It also looks to be set up very nicely. Good Luck with it.

Firemanray
02-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Wow, looks like you scored on that one for the money!! Nice!!

4.3LXJ
02-23-2014, 10:25 PM
You might investigate the Detours backbone. I think you could do that and save the front bumper

EekGirl96
02-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Welcome back!!!

Im not usually a fan on grands but that one isnt too shabby,...looks like you got a good deal!!!

ETXXJ89
02-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys and gals. I do love it. I'm replacing the u joints and a few bulbs but other than that it runs like a top