PDA

View Full Version : This does not help....

Dredwolf
02-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Okay, this does not help our sport/hobby/whatever....

'Priceless' Jurassic Era Dinosaur Tracks Stolen From Utah Trail

Thieves pulled a prehistoric pinch this week in the Utah wilderness, prying up and making off with a set of dinosaur footprints believed to be 190 million years old.

A tour guide last saw the block of pilfered sandstone Monday along the Hell’s Revenge trail in Moab, according to the federal Bureau of Land Management. The next day, the prints were gone.

“The rock was already somewhat separating, and someone could have found a way to break it off and back up a truck to haul it away,” BLM archaeologist Aron King told NBC News on Friday.

Original Story Here (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/priceless-jurassic-era-dinosaur-tracks-stolen-utah-trail-n35506)

XjWoofy801
02-21-2014, 09:33 PM
I wish people would grow up and learn to keep PAWS OFF of stuff that is not theirs to own and let the rest of us enjoy are earth and the many wonders she holds.

XJ Wheeler
02-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Dinosaur tracks... Lol. But i do agree, don't take rocks from the trails or anything really.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
02-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Later on this summer I will am planning to do a couple of documentaries on You Tube about Indian Petroglyphs in my area. I will take pics and produce at least three movies containing close to a thousand of them. However their exact location will remain secret so that vandalism does not occur. In fact, one of them is within sight of the Rubicon Trail, but no one knows it is there. There are others within sight of I80, but again the existence of them is unknown. And they will remain that way to prevent vandalism because people can be generally stupid sometimes

nickyg
02-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Later on this summer I will am planning to do a couple of documentaries on You Tube about Indian Petroglyphs in my area.

I'd be interested in seeing that. In my neck of woods we bull doze over everything that's outlived it's purpose. It's hard to find anything that dates back to the 50's let alone a couple of millions years.

Mudderoy
02-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Later on this summer I will am planning to do a couple of documentaries on You Tube about Indian Petroglyphs in my area. I will take pics and produce at least three movies containing close to a thousand of them. However their exact location will remain secret so that vandalism does not occur. In fact, one of them is within sight of the Rubicon Trail, but no one knows it is there. There are others within sight of I80, but again the existence of them is unknown. And they will remain that way to prevent vandalism because people can be generally stupid sometimes

Now if something happens to them we'll know who to talk to! ;o)

4.3LXJ
02-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Now if something happens to them we'll know who to talk to! ;o)

Actually I was involved in preserving a few of them years ago :patriot:

bad luck
02-22-2014, 10:09 AM

There are many petroglyphs and ruins in this area that are not published because of vandalism. In Goblin Valley last year a Boy Scout leader kicked over one of the stone goblins, just for fun. He even posted a video of it on Youtube, so he got in lots of trouble for that. (Goblin Valley is where part of the movie Galaxy Quest was filmed) I think he will be sentenced to community service for doing it. I just hope it's for a long time.