PDA

View Full Version : Jeeps at NL Brewery in Old Katy?

OldFaurt
02-21-2014, 07:03 PM
I have been toying with the idea of having a meet & greet at the No Label brewery in old Katy Texas. I need to see if they are going to be open but...

What to expect:
$5.00 cover, includes:
3 beer tastes and a cute glass!
Live Music
A food truck of distinction
Home Brewing lessons if the guys are there
A chance to meet some of the XJ guys in Katy Texas!

Any body game for an impromptu?

We could make it a mud car show or a Posible Jeep Day? (http://nolabelbrew.com/events/1288/saturday-tastingtour-at-no-label/)
They have the don jalapeño ale:beer:

nickyg
02-21-2014, 11:48 PM
You had me at "Food truck"!!! Shame I live on the wrong end of the country. Any central Carolina Boys (and girls) out there interested in getting together?

OldFaurt
02-22-2014, 10:01 AM
You had me at "Food truck"!!! Shame I live on the wrong end of the country. Any central Carolina Boys (and girls) out there interested in getting together?
Here in the Houston Texas area, Food trucks are not just fast food,
Some are Art Forms! Haute Wheels Houston (http://www.hautewheelshouston.com/home.shtml) and it has become a major industry!
I lived in Northern California most of my life and thought Food was invented there...
Then I moved to Texas!

Now the Micro Brewery business is heating up and the Beer is fantastic!
Texas Brewpubs listed byTexasoutside.com (http://www.texasoutside.com/texas-brewpubs-breweries/index).

Of course You guys in Carolina have a pretty nice bunch -o- stuff going on as well!
Oysters AND Brewfest? DUDE! (http://eatsleepplaybeaufort.com/event/st-peters-9th-annual-oyster-roast/)

Brasscatz
02-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but meet 'n' greets are hard to get together most of the time.

nickyg
02-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Now we do have some good micro brewerys. I've seen food trucks on TV. Think it's a neat idea. always wanted to try some. they're not ol roach coach anymore.
Here in our yuppie driven town all we have is name brand corporation chains. hardly any mom and pop stuff. on the plus side all this pavement makes it pretty easy to wheel on.

OldFaurt
02-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Now we do have some good micro brewerys. I've seen food trucks on TV. Think it's a neat idea. always wanted to try some. they're not ol roach coach anymore.
Here in our yuppie driven town all we have is name brand corporation chains. hardly any mom and pop stuff. on the plus side all this pavement makes it pretty easy to wheel on.

Well, y'all are always welcome to visit Texas!

I hear Carolina is quite nice too, though I have never been... Hmmm have to do something about that!

OldFaurt
02-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but meet 'n' greets are hard to get together most of the time.

So a few of us will just SAY we are going to be there and enjoy what ever happens.
It would not be a write off either way!

And there's :beer:

Mudderoy
02-22-2014, 03:54 PM
There for a little while we had a get together at a local Sonic, monthly on a Saturday afternoon. We had less and less show up until it was the same 3 people for about 3 months.

I enjoyed something outside so I could look at the other rigs.

OldFaurt
02-22-2014, 07:50 PM
There for a little while we had a get together at a local Sonic, monthly on a Saturday afternoon. We had less and less show up until it was the same 3 people for about 3 months.

I enjoyed something outside so I could look at the other rigs.

I would enjoy that!
I like seeing how/what people do to the XJs, Some are so creative!

Well, if anyone is open to it, I would go!

bigjim350
02-22-2014, 09:53 PM
I like meet and greets. But I'm more of a "lets meet at a off road park, then go wheeling " kinda guy.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

OldFaurt
02-22-2014, 10:14 PM
I like meet and greets. But I'm more of a "lets meet at a off road park, then go wheeling " kinda guy.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

I tell you what,
When my rear axle is connected to the Transfer case...
Well, that and a ring gear, Spider gears inside it,
I would be OH SO willing to go off roading!
Right now though,
I am doing the gentle front wheel drive!

Still looking for a Chrysler 8.25 or even just a DANA 35 ring, pinion (3.55) and serviceable spider gears. I am a real cheep bugger!

Off road park.... sigh! sound like a lot of fun!