PDA

View Full Version : Tour guide

bad luck
02-16-2014, 10:27 AM
My youngest son applied for a tour guide position in a few places around town last week. He has a pretty good chance to get on, it would involve driving a hummer, (the early military model) with tourists, on the trails around town. I sure hope he gets this job, I have never ridden in a hummer, and this would be my chance. And he would probably get some decent tips.

4.3LXJ
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
A ride in a hummer. Never did either

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Brasscatz
02-16-2014, 03:57 PM
I've had the privilege of driving a few at work. They are huge! Very strange having so much space between the front seats and a blast to drive.

bluedragon436
02-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Humvee's are awesome to ride in... Hummers are too cozy and soccer momish!!! I hope he gets the job though, and hope you are able to enjoy a ride on the trail in a Humvee!!

Carves
02-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Hope his applications are successful ... Getting paid to drive around and enjoy the scenery would be a good deal .. :thumbsup:

The hummer modded for extra seating ... or just a stock one ??

bad luck
02-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Humvee's are awesome to ride in... Hummers are too cozy and soccer momish!!! I hope he gets the job though, and hope you are able to enjoy a ride on the trail in a Humvee!!

Maybe I am using the wrong term, I have always called them Hummers, the H1 models, not the H2 or H3 models. I don't see why anybody ever bought those things. But I think what you call the Humvee and I call the Hummer H1 are the same. There are quite a few around town, and Unimogs and Pinzgauers, I don't know if I spelled that last one correctly or not. They are all incredible, but too wide to go on some of the trails.

bluedragon436
02-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Humvees are the Military H1's so to speak... civilian H1's, 2's, and unfortunately 3's... are all Hummers...

bad luck
02-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Hope his applications are successful ... Getting paid to drive around and enjoy the scenery would be a good deal .. :thumbsup:

The hummer modded for extra seating ... or just a stock one ??

Yes, I think they are set up for 8 people and the driver. I would love to do something like that, but it is seasonal, I think they only work 9 months and take the winter off. But if he makes enough money doing that, I may park the damn truck and do it too. It would sure be nice to be home more often.

Dredwolf
02-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Yes, I think they are set up for 8 people and the driver. I would love to do something like that, but it is seasonal, I think they only work 9 months and take the winter off. But if he makes enough money doing that, I may park the damn truck and do it too. It would sure be nice to be home more often.

Bob,

After the last few months, if Christina and I could pack up and move, we would, and I would be right beside you trying it as well. Best of luck to the son.

"This interruption of your life brought to you by.....:bang: :smiley-scared003: :cry: :smiley-chores003: :poke: :smiley-talk024: :banghead: :boohoo: :smiley-scared002: :brokenpic: :hitsfan: :smiley-angry021: :fighting0061: :smiley-chores044:

We now resume our fixation on XJ's, back to you Bob!"