PDA

View Full Version : Installed Alpine CDE-HD148BT and KTP-445A

Midknight
02-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Aftermarket stereos have about 18 watts RMS per channel. This is not much at all to drive speakers, so Alpine came out with a 45 watts RMS per channel, class D amp that plugs and plays in to most Alpine stereos. The amp only takes 3 pug ins to make it work, the problem is finding a place to put the amp. The amp is 10" or so by 4" by 4". Not to big, but in the Cherokee dash there's not much room. so I attached it under the steering wheel, to the cross bar. Over all the Amp sounds good, and for a little over $100.00.

bluedragon436
02-16-2014, 05:05 PM
So you think the KTP-445A was worth the money?? Also I haven't seen any kind of adjustment on the amp, but was wanting to make sure if there were or not?? Been thinking about picking it up to install behind my Alpine head unit in my Ram, just haven't seen too many folks that have posted their feedback about it...

Midknight
02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
not adjustments, but it was worth the money. Amazon has a few reviews, and I think Crutchfield does also. Its worth the money if you want double the power over your deck

bluedragon436
02-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Hey, thanks for that feedback, went ahead and ordered the KTP-445A as I am going to be pulling my Alpine HU out of the dash again to install a really setup for the remote wire for my sub amp and my bypass... so figure might as well throw this in and not have to pull it all out again just for to install something I have been thinking about anyways.. So hopefully within a week I'll be able to throw my feedback here on this unit as well!!

Hey what do you feel about the CDE-HD148BT?? Thought about picking that unit up to replace the Kenwood in my MR-S, and then it can find it's home in another ride.. I have been a big Pioneer fan for a while, but after running my Alpine Type R and the 500w amp with that, and being very pleased with it and a few other Alpine items I've had the pleasure of hearing... been looking at going over to Alpine where I can...

Midknight
02-23-2014, 01:42 AM
I like my 148BT so far. I had the top of the line Kenwood in my last truck, but it did not have all the features the Alpine has. The only difference I saw between the 149 and the 148 is the 149's screen is a better quality. Why pay more for that.

bluedragon436
02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah I've been seeing the 148 listed quite a bit on multiple sights as really decent prices... And it'll be in my convertible.. so no point in paying more for a better quality screen, that I won't really be able to get the most out the the screen in the first place

bluedragon436
02-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Well, got my KTP-445A from UPS today, and just got done spending the whole 10 minutes to install it.. sounds pretty darn decent... Can't wait to finish my system install, and even more once I do replace the factory speakers with some better sounding units...

Rocco83
03-01-2014, 05:39 PM
When I was in high school I worked at a custom audio store and did installs for head units and systems. We sold by far more Alpine head units than any other and I don't ever remember a complaint about them. The only head units I've used were Alpine. Can't go wrong with them. Never used their subs or amps can't comment on those. I've always used Memphis mids and lows with JL subs and amps.

Still need to upgrade the speakers in my XJ. The 16 year old factory speakers in it are greatly lacking.

bluedragon436
03-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Well I've def been very pleased by the short time I've used my old Type R and MRX-M50 behind a Pioneer head unit in my XJ.... So that is why I chose to give Alpine a chance as far as the rest of my system build in my 09 Ram... I've been very pleased with the ease of use and the performance of the INE-W940 since I installed it, and even more so on the performance now that I've added the KTP-445A.... Off and on over the last couple of days I've been working on installing dynamat behind and under the carpet of the back wall and the floor below the rear seats, and installing a MRX-M110 w/ two new Type R 12's... just completed that install about 30mins ago, and as it is midnight here, can't crank it and be too noisy just yet... but I'm sure I'll be just as pleased if not more so then I was with my old setup in my Jeep.... only need a few more items to complete the Alpine upgrade in the Ram...

Midknight
03-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Nice to hear. I still have not cracked the manual open yet to configure my deck, to many things to do and only 1.5 days of the weekend to do them all

bluedragon436
03-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah I won't go there about opening the manual with my head unit.... I have to pop the CD into my computer to access mine... LOL.. Never had any item, much less car audio that I had to run a disc to access the manual... but luckily for me I haven't had to make use of it yet, everything was pretty easily accessible, and setup... but I still have it and will keep up with it just in case the need arises!!

Rocco83
03-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Yeah I won't go there about opening the manual with my head unit.... I have to pop the CD into my computer to access mine... LOL.. Never had any item, much less car audio that I had to run a disc to access the manual... but luckily for me I haven't had to make use of it yet, everything was pretty easily accessible, and setup... but I still have it and will keep up with it just in case the need arises!!

Not sure if I like the thought of having my manual on a disc. I haven't had a computer that had a disc drive on it for years.

bluedragon436
03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Yeah it is a bit stupid in that quite a few people don't have drives to read the disc... I have drives in my computers... but still

Mallcrawler
03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Those Alpine class D four channels are amazing for the money. I sell those all the time, the only thing I don't like about them is that they are signal sensing. I wish I could turn it off for some applications, also sometimes it induces a bit more noise than I'd like, I have to pay attention to the gain adjustments more so on this amp. Overall I absolutely love this amp though, great addition to any system.

XJMikey
04-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Downloadable cde-148bt manual: http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_CDE-147BT_CDE-HD148BT_EN.pdf

The tp-445A is a sweet little amp. I had one in a '01 Ranger street sport truck I started and sold to fund my jeep addiction. It matched perfectly with my 8" kicker sub and 300w amp. Always had the truck full of stupidly loud audio.