PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard 2014

nickyg
02-14-2014, 01:51 AM
It only snows down here about twice a year and never to this degree. I thought I would post about my ordeal.
Lets see some pics of your snow day.

Wednesday I was at work when It stated to snow. We had to “preice” a procedure where we take the plane off the gate deice it bring it back load it up send it on it’s way. Then deice one more time before take off. They say it’s cost efficient and safer. I think it’s a way to keep people in the food court a lil longer.

Thursday morning I saw a plane stuck in the snow. Obviously awaiting an XJ recovery vehicle.

I couldn't resist pouring a lil Mt. dew in the snow.

On my way home the roads were pretty bad.

I stopped at the store. I had plenty of bread and milk. But forgot the corn pops. Not a dam box left.

nickyg
02-14-2014, 01:55 AM
I was the only one in the parking lot.
Wendy being from south Florida is always fascinated with snow and loves to play in the it. Here she is with a snow man we built before I crashed.

Brasscatz
02-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Pretty cool man! Pun intended :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

bluedragon436
02-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Looks like fun times.. I would think they'd only deice the planes once, as during the time it is transferred back to the gate, and then back to the second deicing that glycol is freezing back up, and that crap is even harder to break down then the ice in the first place... Still looks like fun times (not so much) that I've gotten to enjoy on many occasions at many location around the world...on our jets...

nickyg
02-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Looks like fun times.. I would think they'd only deice the planes once, as during the time it is transferred back to the gate, and then back to the second deicing that glycol is freezing back up, and that crap is even harder to break down then the ice in the first place... Still looks like fun times (not so much) that I've gotten to enjoy on many occasions at many location around the world...on our jets...

The thought behind it is to knock off the heavy build up, Then it'll just take a quick one before take off. It don't make much sense to me either. But management is gotta be smarter then me? right??

4.3LXJ
02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Mountain Dew, never would have thought of that. You sure it wasn't filtered through kidneys?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cantab27
02-14-2014, 10:52 AM
mmmmm i got snow pics

nickyg
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Ramp angel?