PDA

View Full Version : GOV-X = whaaaaa??

Infidel Edition
02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
So, I finally clicked on the GovX add under some post and saw "registration" and clicked away.
Today, I clicked it again, because the banner add had a cool looking watch.

In the registration page, it wants me to give them permission to pull up my DOD files?
I don't mean to be a douche, but WTF?
Most legit sites will require a military email address to bounce for verification.
So I googled the site's ratings = 60% due to the # of countries tied to that account?

Does anyone use that site?

bluedragon436
02-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Yeah I've seen that before, and decided not to join their membership.. I always get emails about Gov-x, and all the great deals... But would rather not have any of my information about my service to be sent out to random countries or used for anything other then verification... and I don't understand why they can't use my official email any more than any other discount company does...

Infidel Edition
02-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah I've seen that before, and decided not to join their membership.. I always get emails about Gov-x, and all the great deals... But would rather not have any of my information about my service to be sent out to random countries or used for anything other then verification... and I don't understand why they can't use my official email any more than any other discount company does...

fully agree...