will be starting this project after the brown YJ is complete
the white one is my baby

4.3LXJ
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Nice. I like two doors too. I also have my son's TJ and YJ to work on too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

XJ Wheeler
02-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Nice trio! Congrats on the new rig and welcome to xjtalk!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

jeepchuck
02-13-2014, 08:39 PM
got it in the garage ,needs quit a bit work to be PA street legal. ripped out carpets, seats .
I'm going to build in 2 x 4 steel square tubing for new rockers
Trail Tube flat tube fender kits
haven't decided what lift i want to use

Pookapotamus
02-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Good looking 2 door!

bluedragon436
02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Looks like a decent base to start a nice build with... What kind of height are you looking to go with on the lift for it??

jeepchuck
03-26-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been gathering parts for the XJ.
new axles front and rear ,mine are both shot and with 3.07 gears the new ones are dry and 3.55 s
new floors are here and rockers
removed the visor and have found the worse part of the rust. called around and I found a roof cut for a 100 bucks,yea a bit a work ahead of me but I love this kind of stuff
at least the engine and trans are good
as far as the suspension, going with Dakota rear springs cut to fit and grand Cherokee V-8 front coils.
another couple of weeks left on the YJ and its gone.and ill be able to start cutting and welding.
there will be a lot of Lord Fusor adhesives used in this build.
along with custom fabbed roll cage and flat tube fender flares and one off bumpers all on a strict budget. at least I work for a PPG jobber so material will be just over cost.

bluedragon436
03-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Where did you get your floorboards from?? Picked up a 90 that could use some new ones shortly!! And I wish I could find a good deal on a set of axles out of a 97+ XJ to put under the old 90..

07Negative
03-27-2014, 02:44 AM
I can only conclude you have a bias for square headlights. Carry on

prerunner1982
03-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the two door club.... check those upper door hinges. They have likely already been fixed once, but a good once over never hurts while you are working (welding?) on it. The hinges are known to pull away from the body.

abebehrmann
03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see the pics of your progress on it. I love the two door XJs. I was actually hoping to find one for myself but couldn't pass up the low miles 4 door I ended up buying.

jeepchuck
03-30-2014, 05:59 AM
key parts ,I have about 300 in them both front and rear

bluedragon436
03-30-2014, 06:26 AM
key parts ,I have about 300 in them both front and rear

Hey, thanks for that information... Not too worried about it just yet, but will have to pick up at least replacements for the front floorboards if nothing else once I get a few other items taken care of first... Look forward to seeing the progress on your XJ.. Also how much would you charge to install the two front floorboards?? Figured I'd ask, since there is really no shops that I would trust to do that kind of work in DE... and I'd of course wait till yours was done, so I wouldn't be slowing your progress any...

XJchamp
03-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Welcome jeepchuck. Good to hear someone else is saving a rusted XJ . Looking forward to see what you do to yours as I have a 97 two door waiting in the wings for the same thing , floors , rockers and (yikes) sub frames . Thought about the donor route but just didn't feel right .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk