PDA

View Full Version : Today I was let down,....

JENSSEN
02-08-2014, 12:47 AM
For the second time in my life and the first time by a jeep I had a breakdown that left my car in a position I couldn't fix it and get it home.

The 1998 Cherokee had a belt squeel yesterday when I left to go to one of the branches I support for work. Thinking it was just loose I put close to 480KM on the truck yesterday. This morning I headed to work all good, ordered a new belt, planning on putting it on at lunch but a cold day and stubborn bolt made me reconsider my plan. Worked my lunch and headed home early to correct the issue. After 5 mins on the road the belt was screaming like a siren and I knew it was kaput. So I pulled into my buddies shop that was close by and went to seap the belt. When I pulled it all seemed good, until I found the clutch fan bracket/shaft/bearing assembly was seized )))fawk((( so I put the new belt in and took a shot at getting home.

It didn't last long, ate the belt,saw the alt drop, power steering went and I had to abandon my run home and return to my friends shop. So "Vader" is having a sleep over :(

Now on that note WTF is with the fact you need to swap a hole new bracket assembly to fix a seized bearing,.. Jeep had some great ideas but this was not one,.. Going to put this in the alternator on the bottom file lol

On a fun note I ordered Hella 500 black drîving lights today

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/RACE4THECURE/7CDDA5A3-0889-44D6-9F25-F048398D926D.jpg

Mudderoy
02-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Glad it's in friendly territory at least. Ever had one do this to you before?

JENSSEN
02-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Glad it's in friendly territory at least. Ever had one do this to you before?

Nada this is new, ever the guys in the shop were surprised by the failure of the bearing as it very rarely fails. But after thinking about it I did buy this jeep after a front end collision and the clutch fan was damaged. So the bearing may of been damaged when the rad pushed into the original fan

Mudderoy
02-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Nada this is new, ever the guys in the shop were surprised by the failure of the bearing as it very rarely fails. But after thinking about it I did buy this jeep after a front end collision and the clutch fan was damaged. So the bearing may of been damaged when the rad pushed into the original fan

Oh that makes sense. I was getting concerned about my 3 Jeeps. Wait! What am I saying? You have 27! :smiley-laughing021:

bluedragon436
02-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Glad you were near a shop that you knew you could use and leave it parked at if needed.. Those Hella 500 Black lights look good and work quite well..

Oh and by the way there is no 98 Cherokee listed in your horde listing!!

JENSSEN
02-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Mud - down to 8 Jeeps lol

Blue - I will update today lol

bluedragon436
02-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Wish it wouldn't be too expensive or hard to register a MJ.. I'd pick up the one you did the front end swap on.. I wish I could find a decent deal on a MJ here that wasn't falling apart...