PDA

View Full Version : Custom XJ Hood

JDeanMurray
02-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Just finished a new "Webisode" video for my custom XJ hood.

Give it a view and let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8AzNN4mi8

XJ Wheeler
02-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Good work Dean! Really like the hood and the episode was great. Keep em coming!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

oderdene
02-04-2014, 09:32 AM
well done bro, go ahead.

Brasscatz
02-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Added to my watch later list! Stupid job keeps me too busy :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

JDeanMurray
02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Good work Dean! Really like the hood and the episode was great. Keep em coming!

Very much appreciated. Thanks for the support.

well done bro, go ahead.

Thanks my friend. I appreciate it soo much!

Added to my watch later list! Stupid job keeps me too busy :(

Work pays the bills. Videos are for after work. Thanks Brasscatz for you support!

abebehrmann
02-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Great video! Great other videos too! I may or may not have watched every one of your youtube videos last night.... :rolleye0012:

07Negative
02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
I've been watching your blog since you started it. You've certainly touched everything with attention to detail. Great work.

Eleazar
06-09-2014, 12:30 AM
I can only say.....I am very impressed with not only the Hood mod, but the rest of the Jeep as well. I am not new to Jeeps but I am new to all the mods that can be done.

So that brings me to my question. Did you have a list of what you wanted to do at the start when you bought the XJ? Where these mods done for end use reasons? Oops that two questions. lol

I never thought about removing the glass, the engine mods, the interior mods none of that. Hats off to you fellow Jeeper for making me see what I can do with my Jeep upon purchase. You see I am tired of seeing what you always see on modified jeeps, Lift, big tires, more power, it is always the same. Do not get me wrong on this for all of them work and look great, so Amen to them. It is just nice when some one goes outside the box.

E

Always amazed

JDeanMurray
06-10-2014, 12:47 AM
First, thanks so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me. I receive very little monetary compensation for my videos but feel incredibly fulfilled when I receive comments like this. I understand this style of Cherokee and the modifications may not be for everyone but I do my best to share with the community my attempts at creating, innovating and thinking outside the box. I could only hope it helps others to do the same.

To answer your questions I'll put it this way. When I bought this [Cherokee] in 1999 I NEVER thought it would come to this. I added a few offroad parts and then was bitten by the "bug". Soon thereafter I realized my propensity for automotive innovation. I guess it's always been with me but this Cherokee brought the best of it out. One thing led to another, I became a shop fly at my local fabrication shop, learned everything I could and began the process of building, rebuilding and modifying everything I could get my hands on. Most of the time simply for the reason of creation in its own right. I thoroughly enjoy the process of brainstorming for new ideas, put them on paper and transferring them to my Jeep, automotive engineering in its infancy stage. Although I could never take credit for building this machine I do feel as if I can honestly say I've had my hands on every piece that has been modified. I hate to use this analogy, because I would never compare but I like to think of myself as the Carroll Shelby of this Jeep. The creator, the designer not the builder. As time progressed I became fluent in all aspect of building this, welding, tube bending, sheet metal work, suspension upgrades and general maintenance. The way this entire project turned out was not by mistake or luck, this was entirely planned. Some ideas arrived immediately and others by trial and error. How one piece would flow with the other was constantly on the forefront of my mind.

I'd like to thank you again for the wonderful comments. I have a youtube channel full of these videos, which I'm sure you're aware of. I appreciate your continued support and I promise to put out more videos in the VERY near future.

JDeanMurray
06-10-2014, 12:49 AM
I've been watching your blog since you started it. You've certainly touched everything with attention to detail. Great work.

Sorry I missed this comment. I really appreciate your support with my blog. I'm glad to hear someone follows it. :)

Thanks for the great comment. It's very humbling.

4.3LXJ
06-10-2014, 10:23 AM
First, thanks so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me. I receive very little monetary compensation for my videos but feel incredibly fulfilled when I receive comments like this. I understand this style of Cherokee and the modifications may not be for everyone but I do my best to share with the community my attempts at creating, innovating and thinking outside the box. I could only hope it helps others to do the same.

To answer your questions I'll put it this way. When I bought this [Cherokee] in 1999 I NEVER thought it would come to this. I added a few offroad parts and then was bitten by the "bug". Soon thereafter I realized my propensity for automotive innovation. I guess it's always been with me but this Cherokee brought the best of it out. One thing led to another, I became a shop fly at my local fabrication shop, learned everything I could and began the process of building, rebuilding and modifying everything I could get my hands on. Most of the time simply for the reason of creation in its own right. I thoroughly enjoy the process of brainstorming for new ideas, put them on paper and transferring them to my Jeep, automotive engineering in its infancy stage. Although I could never take credit for building this machine I do feel as if I can honestly say I've had my hands on every piece that has been modified. I hate to use this analogy, because I would never compare but I like to think of myself as the Carroll Shelby of this Jeep. The creator, the designer not the builder. As time progressed I became fluent in all aspect of building this, welding, tube bending, sheet metal work, suspension upgrades and general maintenance. The way this entire project turned out was not by mistake or luck, this was entirely planned. Some ideas arrived immediately and others by trial and error. How one piece would flow with the other was constantly on the forefront of my mind.

I'd like to thank you again for the wonderful comments. I have a youtube channel full of these videos, which I'm sure you're aware of. I appreciate your continued support and I promise to put out more videos in the VERY near future.

I have been the same way Dean. When I got mine I was just going to daily drive it and not mod it. I have gone down some unique paths myself, just because I wanted it that way

Jeep31"
08-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Just finished a new "Webisode" video for my custom XJ hood.

Give it a view and let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8AzNN4mi8

Nice video and super nice rig you have.
All the best .
Nicklas:thumbsup: