PDA

View Full Version : Fender Flare Stress

Xcitethephugoid
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Well after months of pulling and grabbing, my stock fender flare gets pulled off and is probably in a parking lot somewhere. I've been stressing about this for the past 2 weeks. I don't know what to do, should I pay 400 + extra for Buschwakers and the install? Should I just trim my front fenders and keep my rear ones stock? I just don't want to do something and then not like whatever I did.:confused:

Firemanray
02-01-2014, 11:16 PM
First step in your decision is, what are the tire coverage laws where you live? From the looks of your picture your tires stick out a bit with the flair missing. If you do much off roading you can expect to damage or loose a flair from time to time, something to consider before spending big bucks on flairs.

Xcitethephugoid
02-01-2014, 11:28 PM
First step in your decision is, what are the tire coverage laws where you live? From the looks of your picture your tires stick out a bit with the flair missing. If you do much off roading you can expect to damage or loose a flair from time to time, something to consider before spending big bucks on flairs.
I live in Maryland, and in Maryland the cops rule the land. There are no laws after you get your car state inspected, but if a cop doesn't like it, he'll pull you over and tell you to get it fixed. I don't do much off roading. I just drive my jeep to school and back.

Brasscatz
02-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Another option is to make your own flares using garden edging. I've seen it on a few and it looks pretty good. Cheap too

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

tommy guns
02-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Cut it off.

Rustbucket
02-02-2014, 08:19 AM
I've had bushwhacker flat flares in the past, they looked great. Worth the money as far as that goes. But if you wheel any tight trails you don't want bushwhackers, it's real easy to rip them off if they come into contact with anything.
I'm currently using garden edging as fender flares and I think it looks awful.

Xcitethephugoid
02-02-2014, 08:56 AM
I think I'm leaning towards cutting them off. I'm having a hard time getting that rusted mounting bracket off. The 10m bolts just keep spinning, I attempt to keep them down with a wrench on the inside but somehow they manage to slip past it. Any suggestions there? I'm sure all of them are rusted so I'll have to deal with it 3 more times. :sad0147:

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I think I'm leaning towards cutting them off. I'm having a hard time getting that rusted mounting bracket off. The 10m bolts just keep spinning, I attempt to keep them down with a wrench on the inside but somehow they manage to slip past it. Any suggestions there? I'm sure all of them are rusted so I'll have to deal with it 3 more times. :sad0147:

Cut off wheel.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.