PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with people

Brasscatz
02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Today's saga: Walking to the checkout at our favorite grocery store, we do what everybody does... scan the lanes for the least amount of people in line with the fewest items to buy. We find the second register on the closest row with 2 people in line and about 7 feet of space behind them, then 2 abandoned baskets with barely anything in them. I look around and see no owners of the baskets and figured that A) somebody just left them there and went home or B) they were items that the cashiers needed to stock back on the shelves. (these were also registers beside the self-serve checkouts). So, 2 baskets in the middle of nowhere, not in any line, and I move one to the side so we can get to the register. We get several items on the conveyor belt when this chick comes up, "Y'all move my basket?". Me: "Yes, nobody was with it". My wife: "You can get in front of us, we didn't know it belonged to somebody". Girl "Naw, it ok". So we continue putting our groceries on the belt. The girl is talking on her phone and saying "Some asshole just done gone and moved my basket, blah blah blah" so I turned and said, "You can call me an asshole if you want, but you can't leave your basket in the middle of nowhere, 7 feet from the person in front of you, and think that everybody is going to know that it wasn't abandoned.... and you're a stupid bitch." I shouldn't have called her that, but being called an asshole on top of her copping an attitude to My wife when she offered again for her to get in front of us REALLY set me off.

Aside from me stooping to her level and calling her a stupid bitch, was I wrong here? I honestly don't think that anybody in the entire world would think that those baskets belonged to somebody. I mean, who in their right mind would think that their basket left long enough that there was AT LEAST 7 feet of space in front of it would save their space in line? You forgot something and you are alone, take your basket and go get your item.

Agreed, I shouldn't have called her a bitch... but I couldn't hold that back after what she called me and especially how she treated my wife.

4.3LXJ
02-01-2014, 08:33 PM
You are not supposed to leave your cart in the check out line and then continue shopping

gary63
02-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm with you onetime I was at a grocery store and there was a empty cart and no-one around so I mored it and stepped up in line then a lady come up and ask who moved here cart. I said sorry I did I didn't think it was being used it is empty you can go ahead of me. So she moved here cart in front of me and lift to go shopping and come back with 2 things and lift again after the 3 trip and she was up but not there I moved here cart again. I was 3/4 done she showed up and started calling me all type of thing. I lost it like you the deffernt was the people around agreed with me and told her to shut up.

Brasscatz
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Wow, that lady is worse than the one I dealt with! My wife even said there was another couple that was about to get in line in front of the empty basket, but they saw that we beat them to it.... and they didn't complain.

I have a hard time at grocery stores anyways. I don't like it when it's busy, nobody cares about blocking the entire isle, nobody has manners and says "excuse me" or "thank you", and I get very anxious around crowds and crowded areas (demophobia) so I was already a little high strung.

Also today, there was this kid playing with the blood pressure machine in the pharmacy when I needed to use it. He was doing all sorts of crap with it and I have a sneaking suspicion that's how the last one broke. It took about 7 months for them to get a new one in there. I have to check mine every week because I'm on bp medication. I had to ask him 3 times if I could use it real quick and the third time I said quite loudly "will you PLEASE stop playing with it so I can actually use it???"

XJ Wheeler
02-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Ugh, some peoples thought process doesn't make any sense. I would have moved it too. I do agree you shouldn't have done that but its not like she was innocent so chock it up to being "in the moment". God knows how many times i've done/said something in an argument i didn't mean or really shouldn't have even if i did mean it.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

cantab27
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
what the hell yall doing in there in the first place .......women's work ya should be out wheeling fixing jeep, drinking beer or all 3........:rolleye0012:

:smiley-scared003::smiley-scared003:

Firemanray
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
My my we had an attitude today didn't we!:D:smiley-scared003:

So how was the blood pressure after all that nonsense?

I usually respond to that kind of situation with sickening sweetness and kindness (you know, over the top), it pizzes them off when they realize my game.

I shop Lowe's quiet often and since I buy large quantities I use the contractor loading area for convenience. One day I had paid and was walking to get my truck/ trailer and some lady in a big shiny SUV comes wheel'n in the middle of the 2 lane loading zone, parks, gets out and goes in the store. I crowded my truck past her and loaded. I asked one of the loaders why they didn't call her out. He says they're not allowed to. My response: I AM!! I wrote a nasty scathing note about how this wasn't valet parking and it wasn't reserved for her and how lucky she was I did take the side off of her ride. I only wished I had hung around long enough to see her face! Feels good sometimes don't it?!?

Firemanray
02-01-2014, 09:19 PM
what the hell yall doing in there in the first place .......women's work ya should be out wheeling fixing jeep, drinking beer or all 3........:rolleye0012:

Should we revoke his man card??:D

bulrid8
02-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I would have had it much harder. It would have took everything I had to keep my wife from decking her! Wife has no tolerance for stupid people. She is from the south, where they deck you first, then ask if you have anything else to say.

cpttuna
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Never argue with stupid people. First, they bring you down to their level. Then they beat you with experience.

Brasscatz
02-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Lol, I was there because we shop together.

Yeah, my wife isn't good with conflict, but I am getting much better. Probably about 6 years ago I became more assertive especially at work. I never start anything, but I stopped letting other people walk on me.

Sometimes, people need to be made aware that they are stupid, so when their stupidity affects me personally I don't mind standing up for myself or my wife.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Brasscatz
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh and blood pressure was a bit high to begin with since I forgot my pill this morning and I was at the crowded store the day before the stupid bowl lol

cantab27
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM
and sometimes they just need a high 5 to the face with a chair.....just saying

cpttuna
02-01-2014, 10:56 PM
remember" stupidity is not a handicap and the only difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Carves
02-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Trolleys at the checkout arent a problem for me ....

I've normally abused enough people and their misbehaving kids ... in the aisles,

... so that they stay out of my way .. :o

:smiley-laughing021:

ohhh and Brasscatz ... They arent stupid,

... They are sly and lazy ... saving a place in the queue ... and then wandering off to get groceries.

XjWoofy801
02-01-2014, 11:59 PM
my bf has to do most of the grosery shopping, i hate the store lots of people noise and i get angry when people pop my bubble or say something really stupid.

bigjim350
02-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Is easy to deal with people like that. Hit them in the face. Always brings my bp down.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

07Negative
02-02-2014, 03:35 AM
Never argue with stupid people. First, they bring you down to their level. Then they beat you with experience.

Now that's the damn truth! However in my regular fashion. I say, **** that bitch made mother****er. I give people posture daily. Only got my ass kicked over it once. Broken nose only. It would be one thing if everyone was in line. Someone said, yo I forgot tampons. Mind if I run right quick? That's the edicate. It's universal edicate even.

I hope you didn't allow person like that ruin your evening.

XjJeepacorn
02-02-2014, 11:49 AM

I got better things to do then make a man a sandwich ;)

4.3LXJ
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM

Uh oh, war of the sexes coming :rolleye0012:

cantab27
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM

sweet as I prefer my toasted anyways...........:smiley-taunt002::D

XjJeepacorn
02-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I'll remember lol!!! Note to self when sucking up his toast is sweet!

Coffee or tea?

cantab27
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
I'll remember lol!!! Note to self when sucking up his toast is sweet!

Coffee or tea?

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

coffee please tea is for the ladys......and yes im joking all you tree hugging pc libby drivers.......:smiley-taunt002::smiley-taunt002:

EekGirl96
02-03-2014, 08:13 AM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

coffee please tea is for the ladys......and yes im joking all you tree hugging pc libby drivers.......:smiley-taunt002::smiley-taunt002:

why do I think that this is directed towards me?!

and just because I drive a libby doesnt mean im a tree hugger!!!! :p

EekGirl96
02-03-2014, 08:16 AM
I dont really see anything wrong with what you did Jimmy boy, you called her what she really is lol

I have a very low tolerance for people, so if someone acts that way towards me theyre going to get an earful...I dont put up with shit, especially when im doing something I hate doing (ie:grocery shopping)

XjJeepacorn
02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Xj jeepacorn's feminest manifesto:

Rule # 1:

The art of sandwich making is used only for sucking up and getting ones own way! Use their antics against them !!! Lol :)

4.3LXJ
02-03-2014, 10:40 AM
The are to sandwich making should take the form of a contest. Who can make the best :D

XjJeepacorn
02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Maybe the op should have offered the woman a sandwich, you'd be surprised what slapping a couple prices of ham between 2 slice of bread can do, world peace even! Unless you have a feminist agenda lol

Brasscatz
02-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Maybe the op should have offered the woman a sandwich, you'd be surprised what slapping a couple prices of ham between 2 slice of bread can do, world peace even! Unless you have a feminist agenda lol

My wife was there... if I slapped anything between bread slices, I would've been slapped across the face :D

XjJeepacorn
02-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Lmao, that's getting off easy !!

denverd1
02-04-2014, 11:26 AM
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/me74dnsbgrI7vZreTlrCBTQ.jpg

Funny, there was an ad for "Broad City" on the page when it last loaded.... ironic.

NW99XJ
02-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh I see what the problem was..... you were doing your grocery shopping at walmart!
So the cart owners first mistake is she didnt have a cart pimp.... see, y'alls need to have a cart pimp to keep track of all thems wayward carts....
http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/4462.jpg

http://makeameme.org/media/created/oh-hail-nah.jpg
:headbag:

Brasscatz
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Lol not Wal-Mart. A local chain called HEB. Hilarious pics though

nickyg
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
I can't get past the fact that they are charging 3 bucks for a water noodle?

XjJeepacorn
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/me74dnsbgrI7vZreTlrCBTQ.jpg

Funny, there was an ad for "Broad City" on the page when it last loaded.... ironic.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/05/a6ate5yr.jpg

NW99XJ
02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I dont know who it is that is in this pic, but she needs to be sent to my room,
I can tell she's been a bad girl.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/05/a6ate5yr.jpg
(Vaguely resembles Christy Mack....)
Not that I would know anything about that. :rolleye0012:

denverd1
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Hope everyone knows I'm kidding with the jokes about broads :headbag:

In other news, I was trying to get a mattress out the door at Sam's the other day. Wife was going to get truck. After 3 trips back a forth between service desks trying to find some twine, I finally decided I was going outside - maybe the guys who actually load stuff up would have some idea. I asked the nice lady (who had finger nails at least 2 inches long, fake eyelashes and a barrage of other crap that I prolly paid for on her Lone Star card) where the twine was. She asked for my receipt. I proceeded as though I didn't hear her. Thinking if it was important, she'll follow me outside. Its a whopping 10 steps and my hands are obviously full.

I find a couple of young chaps outside who produce the illusive twine I've been searching for. Wife pulls truck up, we start loading mattress. We get it on the truck and begin tying it down. Some asshat with a clipboard and a radio comes out asking about if I'd shown my rec't to the dumbass inside. I said no, if she were at all helpful the first 3 times I asked her where something was, that I'd be happy to stop and show her my rec't - which was proudly displayed in my back pocket. Not just any old rec't, I had to fold it in half to get in my pocket. Goofy ****er says, "you see, members can't get out the door without having their carts and rec'ts checked." To which I reply, "Oh no, I got l the ****er outside. In fact, its sitting on my truck right now." I smiled at him, pushed my cart his direction, threw deuces to the 2 kids who helped me and are now laughing their asses off, jumped in my truck and left.

I swear, for every valuable citizen in this country, there are 10 who really couldn't give a shit less. And these were the people who had jobs and SHOWED UP that day!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who blows a gasket with these morons!!

Brasscatz
02-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I can't stand when I'm asked for my receipt when leaving a store. They can't legally detain you, so I usually say "NOOOPE!!" and keep walking. I understand why they do it, but dang it... I don't like to be bothered.

I also don't like profiling by businesses. When I was a kid, there was a gas station where tried getting gas and they wouldn't turn the pump on for me and the guy at the pump across from me had no issues with his pump. I hit the call button and they said I had to pre-pay. I saw this happen over and over too. So... I came back with my dad and showed him while he stayed in the car out of sight. When the guy wouldn't turn on the pump my dad marched inside and asked why and was told that they wouldn't turn on the pump for anybody that looked like they were under 30 years old without pre-paying because young people usually drive away without paying. LOL now days everybody has to pre-pay.

Drive thru's piss me off too when they ask you to "pull around" the front of the store to wait for your food. The ONLY reason they ask you to do that is because they have sensors that time the drive thru transactions and if they take too long they get in trouble from corporate. On top of that, almost every time I have pulled around front, they get my order wrong and I have to park and go inside.

Now, every time I'm asked to pull around front to wait, I tell them "Sorry, but no". They always ask why and I ask "Why should I?" They never have a good answer

nickyg
02-05-2014, 11:38 PM
I swear, for every valuable citizen in this country, there are 10 who really couldn't give a shit less. And these were the people who had jobs and SHOWED UP that day!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who blows a gasket with these morons!!

Totally agree!!