PDA

View Full Version : A thought

07Negative
01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
As I was reading through this article about cannabis and 2A. It dawned on me. That maybe this cannabis legalization is a great way to get guns from folks. Not that every gun owner is a cannabis user. But I just think its interesting. I don't mind the use of cannabis for it's medicinal properties. Loser pot heads I do have an issue with. So please don't take me as advertising the use of cannabis.
http://www.naturalnews.com/043649_Second_Amendment_rights_medical_marijuana_I llinois.html

bluedragon436
01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
I think for "potheads" it'll just create more of a reason for us honest folks to keep our guns to protect ourselves and our belongings that other might want to steal to sell for drugs, legal or not legal... But I think by making it legal, it will definitely cut down on the amount of folks we have in prison for something as stupid as drug possession/use when it comes to Marijuana anyways...

XJ Wheeler
01-31-2014, 03:41 PM
In my opinion, the legalizing of pot is ALL about money. Most politicians would probably start selling their own family if they could tax it. Colorado is RAKING in the dough at 25% tax rate on marijuana being sold. Texas is now considering it as well. :rolleyes:

That article is interesting. I just don't see it working though.

Personally, its a big step back for our country. But i do see one good thing to come out of it. While the potheads are enjoying their high it will be easier for the rest of us to advance in life, because less people will be trying for that job or whatever.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, the legalizing of pot is ALL about money. Most politicians would probably start selling their own family if they could tax it. Colorado is RAKING in the dough at 25% tax rate on marijuana being sold. Texas is now considering it as well. :rolleyes:

That article is interesting. I just don't see it working though.

Personally, its a big step back for our country. But i do see one good thing to come out of it. While the potheads are enjoying their high it will be easier for the rest of us to advance in life, because less people will be trying for that job or whatever.

But you will end up supporting them.

XjJeepacorn
01-31-2014, 04:44 PM
You know how much money is waisted on the war against drugs? Too much!!! Why not turn it around and make money off of it? I didn't read the article,
I'm just sayin'

XJ Wheeler
01-31-2014, 05:23 PM
You know how much money is waisted on the war against drugs? Too much!!! Why not turn it around and make money off of it? I didn't read the article,
I'm just sayin'

You could say the same for any law people break. We start looking the other way for the small stuff the big stuff just another step away.

07Negative
01-31-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm certainly game for reducing prison sentences over use or possession. But yet still hold people accountable for negative behaviors while under the influence. I analyze what characteristics the different type of drugs have on ones person. For instance. Meth. This stuff causes people to become something so gross. From witnessing these kinda folks behaviors. They seem to be the type to take your stuff.
I'm not so convinced about cannabis smokers. Cannabis is wicked easy to grow. And therefore provide your own supply.

07Negative
01-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Colorado's tax on cannabis is actually a jaw dropping 36.22%!

07Negative
01-31-2014, 06:41 PM
I do have to say. There are some folks who function entirely normal while under the influence of cannabis. Whereas a guy like myself just goes to sleep after watching cartoons.

xj-jake
02-04-2014, 09:28 AM
But you will end up supporting them.

That's exactly what I was thinking. There's enough dependence on the the govt for free this and free that, Obama phones etc... It's crap. Legalize and tax it. Make it like cigarettes. If they want to use it make them pay for it. The country is in a sad state right now and with all the push for govt health care and fax in applications for free cell phones its not going to get any better anytime soon. Keep the guns close.