PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 games

Brasscatz
01-27-2014, 09:54 PM
What PS3 games do you like best? Which to stay away from?

I got a ps3 as a partial Christmas gift and have only played 3 games for it. I don't like spending money on games that are crappy or games that don't have a constant gameplay experience (like beat it quickly then it's done and over with... waste of money unless you get it really cheap) That being said, these are the 3 games I've played:

1. MLB The Show 2013 - amazing graphics and amazing game. I'm a HUGE baseball fan and this is by far the best baseball game I've ever played

2. Call of Duty GHOSTS - great game, awesome online team deathmatch experience, fun campaign so far (not finished yet)

3. Grand Theft Auto V - Fun to play, very detailed and thought out. This is a game that is all about living outside the law. I have a hard time sometimes with some of the content because a lot of it is very realistic. I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a game... That being said, I do recommend this game if you can get past all the bad morality of it (it's hard for me lol). I borrowed this game from one of my employees and beat the story mode. I'm ready to give it back to him now lol.

bigjim350
01-28-2014, 12:57 AM
I like Gran turismo 6. With 1200 different cars it will keep you busy for a while

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Lets see, we have several since we had one before and that one died. Finally got another for Christmas and i got my brother a couple games (although i seem to be playing them more than him :D ).

Driver: San Francisco. Pretty good story mode, not the longest but in no way short either. And even after you finish that there's plenty of challenges to do. I believe just over 100 cars (including a YJ :D ) to drive, some are just boring but pretty realistic in details. When the YJs hood flies off it reveals a straight 6! Multiplayer is okay, although only lets you drive maybe 25 cars. Language isn't too bad, there's a couple times when its more than i like but lots better than some.

Army of Two. We've have all three and enjoy them since generally we only play together and this game is based on having 2 players, although you can play 1 player. In my opinion the last is the best, the weapons depot isn't as well equipped but can both go at the same time where the previous ones it was one at a time. For me, the controls suit my style better. Language can be a bit harsh for my taste.

I'm gonna have to get Gran Turismo 6 eventually. I've had every one of them since #1 and love them.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

denverd1
01-28-2014, 10:27 AM
GT has always been fun.
NCAA football is always good
Madden - just keeps getting better

Wish someone would remake Metroid and Contra
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG1O3N4ijADWifGjLPQb2pABNQ-pmtbJw6v_QvUV0Ggo8IAzru

up down, up down....
http://www.postmobilereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/game-contra.png
AND punch-out!

EekGirl96
01-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Mx vs ATV and ofcourse Guitar Hero (pro status!!!)

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 02:59 PM
im a fan of COD, HALO and of course Madden

Brasscatz
01-28-2014, 03:38 PM
im a fan of COD, HALO and of course Madden

They make halo for ps3? I thought it was just xbox. I played the original and halo 2 back in the day on xbox

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 03:54 PM
They make halo for ps3? I thought it was just xbox. I played the original and halo 2 back in the day on xbox

it is just for Xbox....I was just listing the games I enjoy playing lol, I dont own a PS3 and sometimes I feel left out

denverd1
01-28-2014, 04:06 PM
prolly logged more hours as the Master Chief than I did in 4 years of college.

speaking of different consoles, we're in a very interesting time. In the past we've had game consoles, tvs, computer and the internet. All could be put into one unit and its going to be very interesting to see who is at the forefront of innovating whats next.

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
prolly logged more hours as the Master Chief than I did in 4 years of college.

speaking of different consoles, we're in a very interesting time. In the past we've had game consoles, tvs, computer and the internet. All could be put into one unit and its going to be very interesting to see who is at the forefront of innovating whats next.

I also spent a lot of time as master chief and that is probably my all time favorite game....and when I saw they made a little movie on netflix I was all over it, honestly I was more excited than the kids to see master chiefs first appearance lol

Brasscatz
01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Yep, I've always been an xbox guy, but I have more friends on ps3 than anything else and the benefits of that were greater so I gave in lol. I have owned an Atari, N64, xbox, and a wii. I got this 120GB ps3 for $200, so I am quite happy so far

abebehrmann
01-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Duck hunt. But if that damn dog laughs at me one more time, I'M GONNA LOSE IT!!!!

Brasscatz
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Duck hunt. But if that damn dog laughs at me one more time, I'M GONNA LOSE IT!!!!

Aim better lol :p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Carves
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Colin McRae Rally on PS1 ... Assassins Creed on PS3 ...

All the other, overpriced, plastic disks Ive bought ... have been tossed in the - stoopid and waste of money, drawer,

altho ... keeps the kiddies entertained when us big kids are enjoying a beer outside .. ;);)

GTA IV ... with all its damned e-mailing and bonking the girlfriend ... was more like facebook .... than a "driving" game,

... and yep ... Its in "that" drawer too .. :smiley-laughing021:

XJ Wheeler
01-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Yep, I've always been an xbox guy, but I have more friends on ps3 than anything else and the benefits of that were greater so I gave in lol. I have owned an Atari, N64, xbox, and a wii. I got this 120GB ps3 for $200, so I am quite happy so far

First one for us was that small system with joysticks you play Pong on. :p
Dang, that dot could fly right past my stick quickly!

Had the original Playstation, then the next variation when that one died, and two versions of the PS2, now two versions of the PS3... There may be a trend here!

Also had the original nintendo, N64, Sega Gamegear (handheld), and of course Gameboy.

DUCK HUNT! Loved that game. Smug pooch though! :D

denverd1
01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I saw something a while back about the toys us 80s kids grew up with, and how much they're worth now. A gameboy in original packaging was over $1000 bucks.

sbspence
01-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Assassin's Creed (any), LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Madden if you're an Nfl fan, Batman series, any of the Lego games. There are tons! A quick search will give you links to review sites (there are a ton) don't bother with anything rated less than about 7 unless it's your favorite genre. If it's 9+ you're pretty much Guarunteed to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denverd1
01-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Tony Hawk 3, Red Dead (liked the storyline in Revolver better)

sbspence
01-30-2014, 12:34 PM
I missed out on that on the PS2. I'm going to be throwing some games up on EBay. You can message me if you want dibs before I go through the eBay hassle! :)

drakan1908
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Don't have a PS 3. I am still stuck on PS2. But about all my favorite games are PS1. Road Rage, Red Asphalt, Jet Moto, and Gran Turismo 1-4. Haha I still play my Sega Genisis. Love EA Sports PGA golf.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sbspence
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah. They were more groundbreaking than most I've played since. I still remember the summer Driver came out. I was absolutely in awe if that game it was absolutely perfect! Then Colin McRae Rally, GT, need for speed. All drool inducing. ;). Idk why they've never been able to come with an off-roading game that even piqued my interest. I bought the one Jeep game that came and it was " ok" but that's about it. They just can't capture the driving dynamic if off-roading, snow driving, mudding, rock climbing any of that.

XJ Wheeler
01-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah. They were more groundbreaking than most I've played since. I still remember the summer Driver came out. I was absolutely in awe if that game it was absolutely perfect! Then Colin McRae Rally, GT, need for speed. All drool inducing. ;). Idk why they've never been able to come with an off-roading game that even piqued my interest. I bought the one Jeep game that came and it was " ok" but that's about it. They just can't capture the driving dynamic if off-roading, snow driving, mudding, rock climbing any of that.

Still have all the "Driver" games. Was really excited when they added the feature of getting out of the car and getting into another.

Also, have you checked out Motorstorm. Pretty good on realistic vehicles and good offroad racing terrain but nothing like rock crawling or anything slow.

I would absolutely love a good rock crawling game.

Brasscatz
01-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Sounds like we have a couple of future game developers in this thread :D

sbspence
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Nah I'm too old to do anything but maybe lay reviews! :).

Yep I remember thinking that if Driver had cruise control, and the ability to grab other cars. The President's run at the end Driver is known as one of THE. Most difficult mission on any game ever. I made after hundreds if tries by sliding my battered car upside down over the mission marker line. Wish I had that recorded! 0.0

Joliet Johnny
02-01-2014, 08:58 AM
If you can find it the Metal Gear Solid legacy collection, Gran Tursimo 6, Motorstorm, Socom 4, and look into PlayStation Plus. PlayStation Plus gives you free games every month that you can play as long as your a member. Also pop into a GameStop there are many great games between $1-5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Brasscatz
02-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Yep, GameStop is where I bought the system and games that I do have. Another place to buy cheap games is Half Price Books. I don't know if they have locations in all states or not though.

sbspence
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Game Stop is a great place to buy just don't sell! Worse than dealer trade in on a new car lot! ;)

EekGirl96
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
I saw something a while back about the toys us 80s kids grew up with, and how much they're worth now. A gameboy in original packaging was over $1000 bucks.

that would be a rare sight to see, a gameboy in its orginal packaging....when I got mine, I opened it in a record breaking .5 seconds lol

Joliet Johnny
02-06-2014, 08:40 PM
that would be a rare sight to see, a gameboy in its orginal packaging....when I got mine, I opened it in a record breaking .5 seconds lol

Lol when I got mine using all my birthday money I bought the version that came with no games. 2 months later I found a copy of paperboy on the sidewalk. Now I play gameboy games on my nexus 7 with a Wii controller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk