PDA

View Full Version : WTB-Factory fron swaybar bushing mounts

firehawk
04-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I need a set of stock front swaybar bushing mounting brackets. I'm sick and tired of the &*()%#@%^* poly bushings I have now from Daystar. They constantly need to be sprayed with lube to keep them from squeaking/groaning. :mad0090:

Apparently I threw the stock brackets I had away.:headshake:

DETOURS
04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Personally......I'd toss the sway bar! ;)

firehawk
04-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I driven it with it unhooked...didn't like it AT ALL! It felt like I was driving some early '60's Cadillac, absolutly zero feel for the road, and it just wallows around. I have to drive it to work everyday, I tow a trailer so for me taking it off is not an option. Call me a wuss I guess.:D

Mudderoy
04-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Worse, I believe it's his wife that doesn't like the sway bar on. :rotfl2:

firehawk
04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh... I see how we are..... Gangin' up on me huh?:cool:

DETOURS
04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
HeHee....Mudd's heard the story, wife dont run one, I dont run one.......it's jist a git used to the feel thing I guess............personally, I think they ride better! :cheerleader:

muddeprived
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
You can get the factory bushing at napa. Mine were toasted when i bought it so i got a couple from napa for like $8. They are not exactly the same as factory, just a little harder material.

edit: oops, brackets. I thought you meant the bushings. How does the daystar bushings mount up? Different bracket? Wouldn't the factory bushings fit in that bracket? I checked crown's factory parts catalog but i can't seem to find the bushing mounts. It's not listed or something. The bushings and bar are. Weird.

if you are outta luck, pm and i'll go buy a sway bar bushing kit and give you my factory ones. I can't hear so squeaking won't bother me and I don't mind the upgrade. Maybe we could swap?

firehawk
04-24-2009, 06:36 PM
You can get the factory bushing at napa. Mine were toasted when i bought it so i got a couple from napa for like $8. They are not exactly the same as factory, just a little harder material.

edit: oops, brackets. I thought you meant the bushings. How does the daystar bushings mount up? Different bracket? Wouldn't the factory bushings fit in that bracket? I checked crown's factory parts catalog but i can't seem to find the bushing mounts. It's not listed or something. The bushings and bar are. Weird.

if you are outta luck, pm and i'll go buy a sway bar bushing kit and give you my factory ones. I can't hear so squeaking won't bother me and I don't mind the upgrade. Maybe we could swap?

Sorry I haven't replied, I didn't receive an e-mail saying anyone else had posted up here.

This weekend is going to be NICE:thumbsup: 80's Whooray!!! I guess I'll make a trip over to the Pic A Part here in Indy and pull a set off.

Mudderoy
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Sorry I haven't replied, I didn't receive an e-mail saying anyone else had posted up here.

This weekend is going to be NICE:thumbsup: 80's Whooray!!! I guess I'll make a trip over to the Pic A Part here in Indy and pull a set off.

Don't you have a new e-mail address? Or was it one of those free services? I remembered you switched to DSL recently.

firehawk
04-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Don't you have a new e-mail address? Or was it one of those free services? I remembered you switched to DSL recently.

Yeah I figure the e-mail is sitting in my inbox over on MSN. I'll have to check but I think he posted up when I was in Milwaukee.