PDA

View Full Version : Big event in TX coming up in May!!

graverobberjk
01-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to take a second and bring up a big event here in Texas coming up in May. Some of yall aready may be tracking but for those that arent here is the word. The anual Wheelers for the wounded MAIN EVENT is only a few months away. For those that dont know what this event is, basically its a weekend worth of wheeling at Hidden Falls Adventure Park here in TX to benefit wounded warriors. The main event is held on Saturday (May 3rd) where if you choose to voulenteer as a driver, will be paired with a wounded warrior or warriors and drive them through the trails for the day. It is a great event for a worthy cause. the website to follow this event or get more information is wftwtx.org. My chapter of the Military Jeepers has voulenteered as trail monitors for the main event and other jeep clubs from all over the state will also be in full force. Im hoping to see a lot of :xjtalk: stickers out there and finally meet and wheel with some of yall! Thank you for your time.

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

NW99XJ
01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
OH MAN! ...wish I could be a part of this... sounds amazing!
I WILL be there in spirit.:patriot:

xj4life2
01-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Could we get a MOD to move this to the correct section ?

Nice job son lol lol lol

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 04:50 PM

Nice job son lol lol lol

Thanks dad, guess I just got caught up in the moment when I was writing it that I wasnt thinking straight ha ha ha

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 04:57 PM
OH MAN! ...wish I could be a part of this... sounds amazing!
I WILL be there in spirit.:patriot:

it is going to be a blast....to me it is the best run/event on our calendar every year

Brasscatz
01-28-2014, 05:02 PM

Done ;)

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Done ;)

I appreciate it

4.3LXJ
01-28-2014, 07:37 PM
What section you thinking of Mark?

Firemanray
01-28-2014, 07:45 PM
This sounds like a blast, I may consider the 5 hr. drive and bring my toys.

Mudderoy
01-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks dad, guess I just got caught up in the moment when I was writing it that I wasnt thinking straight ha ha ha

You post it any where you like. What's important here is the post not where it is. We'll take care of putting it where we think it goes or just leaving it the hell alone. :D

xj4life2
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
What section you thinking of Mark?

The correct one , or not

You post it any where you like. What's important here is the post not where it is. We'll take care of putting it where we think it goes or just leaving it the hell alone. :D

Hmmm spanked by the big kahuna

cantab27
01-29-2014, 01:01 PM
The correct one , or not

Hmmm spanked by the big kahuna

don't listen to him.............:rolleye0012:

xj4life2
01-29-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm not .... especially when it involves my son :)

graverobberjk
01-30-2014, 09:30 AM
This sounds like a blast, I may consider the 5 hr. drive and bring my toys.

Bring them, the more the better, I promise you it will be worth the trip! :D. between the wheeling and the appreciation of the soldiers that we are honoring that day...I mean wheeling is about as close to peace on earth as some get, but helping others while doing it just takes it to a whole new level.

xj4life2
01-30-2014, 10:07 AM
The Nor Cal event will be held on Feb.22 starting at Bambi inn. It originally was going to be a snow run but due to the lack of the white stuff it has become a poker run and will be open to all classes.

graverobberjk
01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
The Nor Cal event will be held on Feb.22 starting at Bambi inn. It originally was going to be a snow run but due to the lack of the white stuff it has become a poker run and will be open to all classes.

I forgot about that one, are you driving in it dad?...I know you mentioned that you put my name in, but needless to say I wont be able to make it...I cant even make the event we are having the same weekend and its tied to the main event in May.

xj4life2
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Probably gonna ride with a buddy whos putting it on , help with stuff not real sure yet . Big'un is just to big for the trails up there

graverobberjk
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Probably gonna ride with a buddy whos putting it on , help with stuff not real sure yet . Big'un is just to big for the trails up there

Big'un is just to darn pretty for the trails up there lol

Firemanray
04-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Bump, anyone else going to this? I still plan to make the trip.

graverobberjk
04-21-2014, 10:18 PM
I will be a trail monitor for "wet and wild"... look forward to seeing as many of the xjtalk family out there as possible and when you see me stop and say hi

Firemanray
04-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Graverobber can you tell me how this event works? My crawler seats 3 now and we are thinking about participating in the event instead of just hanging out.

graverobberjk
04-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Graverobber can you tell me how this event works? My crawler seats 3 now and we are thinking about participating in the event instead of just hanging out.

Register on the website as a driver www.wftwtx.org and on saturday there will be some meetings for drivers and voulenteers before we line the drivers up and start filling rigs and assigning them to trail guides....and then its just follow the leader from there....there will be a hospitality tent and fun stuff for kids.....just go by how many seats you will have availabe .....count in you and your spoter if your gonna have one

graverobberjk
04-22-2014, 08:37 PM
There will be a pre run ceremony in the morning and a close out presentation in the afternoon as well as a catered bbq dinner the evening of the event....all of the specifics and even some video of last years is on the website if I didnt answer your question

xj4life2
04-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Wish I could jump a plane and co pilot for ya , sounds like a ton of fun !!!

graverobberjk
04-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Wish I could jump a plane and co pilot for ya , sounds like a ton of fun !!!

I know you do dad, and I wish you could be there too. we will have plenty of oppertunity to wheel when you come out for the wedding :D

graverobberjk
04-29-2014, 07:16 AM
within the final days of preperation, CB is tuned and new toy is hooked up and ready to rock!... still have to finish my load plan and go through the final checks on my camping and recovery gear...this event has gotten bigger than we expected!... Ft. Hood has had it up on the event page for the last couple weeks and the jeep clubs of texas have been blasting it all over facebook and other social networking sites as well :D I cant wait to get out there and see so many jeepers out doing what we love for the brave individuals that have sacrificed so much.... there is still time to sign up and go if you havent already

Firemanray
04-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Almost ready myself. I signed up for a rider last week. I've got to finish getting the trailer ready and pack. I'm leaving at noon Friday, should roll in there about 6 pm. I'm running behind now, we walked in the shop last night and the crawler had an oil slick under it, turns out the atlas was leaking which required complete removal of the skid plate to fix, it's back together now.

Firemanray
05-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Loaded up and head'n out!!!

graverobberjk
05-07-2014, 06:39 AM
wow!!!....that was an amazing event with 197 total rigs that showed up to support, well 196 and "Big Red" lmao. Spent most of the event out on the back side of wet and wild so I wasnt able to do a whole lot of socializing with the drivers until afterwards and there were so many people and vetrans that the hospitality tent was packed!! we had a local country singer Ryland Edwards not only sing most of the day but hung out with us in the evening and wheeled with one of our groups on sunday morning. but the highlight of the day had to be Tracy Byrd playing well into the evening for the remander of Jeepers still hanging around. Sorry I didnt get a chance to link up and wheel with you Ray but I was all over the place, I saw a few buggies throughout the day but didnt recognize a particular one unfortunatly, I hope you had a great time though!!! I will post pictures and videos as soon as I get a chance to pull them off mine and the fiances FB

abebehrmann
05-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Saw some pics of this on Instagram, including a pic of Ray's buggy. Sure looked like fun.

Brasscatz
05-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Yep, saw a pic of rays buggy on my buddy's Facebook page. Looked like a blast

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJ Wheeler
05-07-2014, 11:13 AM
A blast for sure!!! Just by the pics i was excited for you guys. Hope to do this in the future. Would be awesome to wheel with these guys.

And I see on Facebook ya met Lindsey over there Ray. Pretty capable rig he's got.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Firemanray
05-07-2014, 03:14 PM
We had a BLAST, what an awesome time for an awesome cause!! Yeah Lindsey wheeled his Xj like a beast, he had the smallest tires in our group and made it over stuff that gave my 44's a hard time. That place has some scary stuff too, we tried "loose rock" mountain climb Friday night and it was off the leash STUPID. I'll definitely be going back and hopefully the Xj will be capable of handling that place next time we go. I'll post pictures later.

graverobberjk
05-08-2014, 06:04 AM
We had a BLAST, what an awesome time for an awesome cause!! Yeah Lindsey wheeled his Xj like a beast, he had the smallest tires in our group and made it over stuff that gave my 44's a hard time. That place has some scary stuff too, we tried "loose rock" mountain climb Friday night and it was off the leash STUPID. I'll definitely be going back and hopefully the Xj will be capable of handling that place next time we go. I'll post pictures later.

yea that loose rock climb was not too far from our camp lol....we could hear people climbing it right up until midnight even saw a stock JK give it a go. It was just awesome all around, they have already posted the event date for next year May 2 2015 mark it on your calendars and lets do it!:patriot: