PDA

View Full Version : wowTarded service!

Infidel Edition
01-26-2014, 09:41 PM
imagine buying a new car... and a few thousand miles in... it dies! and the dealer says, you can still buy an extended warranty! and then it'll be covered. otherwise, it only covered by warranty?
meaning they'll take your new car and send it back to the dealers mechanic... and give you a different used car that their mechanic fixed the issues....

that's what verizon just did to me!
my new motolola phone stopped charging.
4 weeks old and no, I don't abuse my phone.
after the guy tried to plug it in 3 other chargers... he said I could still buy the verizon warranty for $8 a month...and then he'd give me a new phone. TARD!

when I explained it was new... and I just want a phone he said, " its still under warranty. so we'll send you a new replacement."
a.k.a. referb phone.
and not referb'd by Motorola... verizon has a shop where they do this??????
its a sealed phone = no opening for battery or card or.... sealed! water tight!

and it'll take up to 4 business days to get my replacement.
...unless I buy that verizon insurance. then they'll give me a new off the shelf phone!
TaRd!

bluedragon436
01-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah that sounds about like what happened with my phone through them too.. But I can't complain much.. I've had a few friends with similar issues through other carriers, and they got the exact same reply... so it's not just a Verizon rule, as complete horse shit as it might seem... I've talked to them about it and got pretty irate with the manager at one of their stores (wasn't just cause of the issue with the phone, was also his workers lack of respect and customer service).. and he said that the only other option would be they could send it back to the manufacturer, and I'll be completely without a phone, while they wait for the manufacturer to verify that it was an issue covered under their warranty, at which time they would authorize Verizon to give you a brand new phone.. My reply was I want my "NEW" refurbished phone ASAP since I was getting screwed on this deal... Funny thing is, it went from taking 4 days, to getting to my hotel the very next day, with an extended battery and everything... I will never purchase a phone I can't remove the battery out of for replacement or even hard reset purposes, and love having the mini SD card I can swap between phones, or even to my computer to pull stuff off of it..

Infidel Edition
01-26-2014, 10:33 PM
if I would have bought it at BestBuy...CarToys... would have new phone already.

I'm going to write a letter toAT&T, Sprint, and...
and a copy to verizon

saying I'm sick of crappy service and whichever can hook me up...
and see what happens....

= least I'll feel better about being treated like crap

XJ Wheeler
01-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Similar with mine too at Verizon. My phone was 2 months old and just completely shut down its data connection. Nothing. Went through the tech help and they couldn't figure it out either. This phone has had problems since new, shuts off daily, in and out of signal, LOTS of glitches and problems. So, they said the only they could do is send my a refurbished phone. This pile cost $300 just 2 months earlier, and i pay for the warranty already... and i get a used phone for my time and money. Best of all, the "new" one has all the same glitches and problems.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

07Negative
01-27-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't wait for this iPhone to break. Once that happens. I'm kissing cellphones good riddance! AT&T has the same crappy ass customer service. You pay all this money into this crap and get shit back. That $8 insurance is weak sauce.

4.3LXJ
01-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I still have my original phone with the unlimited data plan. When the time comes to replace it, it will be with last years "gotta have it" model. I don't need the latest bling, just a phone that works. And it will be one that I can reset the thing and replace the battery

XJ Wheeler
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
I still have my original phone

:eek: :shocker:

Might have to have a pic of that... probably collectible being antique and all.

:D

;)

4.3LXJ
01-27-2014, 02:50 PM
:eek: :shocker:

Might have to have a pic of that... probably collectible being antique and all.

:D

;)

Uh, let's see. A selfie of the phone.:camera:

Mudderoy
01-27-2014, 03:13 PM
imagine buying a new car... and a few thousand miles in... it dies! and the dealer says, you can still buy an extended warranty! and then it'll be covered. otherwise, it only covered by warranty?
meaning they'll take your new car and send it back to the dealers mechanic... and give you a different used car that their mechanic fixed the issues....

that's what verizon just did to me!
my new motolola phone stopped charging.
4 weeks old and no, I don't abuse my phone.
after the guy tried to plug it in 3 other chargers... he said I could still buy the verizon warranty for $8 a month...and then he'd give me a new phone. TARD!

when I explained it was new... and I just want a phone he said, " its still under warranty. so we'll send you a new replacement."
a.k.a. referb phone.
and not referb'd by Motorola... verizon has a shop where they do this??????
its a sealed phone = no opening for battery or card or.... sealed! water tight!

and it'll take up to 4 business days to get my replacement.
...unless I buy that verizon insurance. then they'll give me a new off the shelf phone!
TaRd!

We need a new segment on the show. _____ SUCKS because of...

nickyg
01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
It seems like verizon hired old Sprint executives. I had a phone that stopped working after about 3 weeks. They exchanges it. After charging me $32 activation and $40. restocking fee. YES!!! RESTOCK FEE on a broke phone. So the next sucker will get it and have to pay 40 bucks too.

graverobberjk
01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
it was ironic that I read this thread yesterday and as soon as I got home I found my fiance on the phone with verizon...her 10 year old sons phone had pulled 5G of data while it was sitting in his moms night stand and he was at school, so she called on it. in which case the representative began blaming the kid who hadnt even touched it all day. and because most of it was wi-fi and we werent getting charged by verizon they also didnt see a problem with that either. after about an hour of argueing and trying to make this idgit understand our issue she finally hung up and later cussed out their customer service survey...their customer service is garbage and so is their tech support

Infidel Edition
01-30-2014, 07:07 AM
so I plugged my old phone into the computer to see if I could download pics / delete personal info (like I trust verizon!)
and it charged like there never was an issue!
WTH
:bacondance: = keep my new phone send back their used phone.
I've tried several plugs and they're all fine.
a tech guru friend said its an issue with the new software ~ a fix download is scheduled.

I think its that my phone is more than a smart phone. its a smart a$$ phone.
and moody too:flameon: