PDA

View Full Version : Promos, and Segments

Mudderoy
01-26-2014, 01:37 AM
You may have noticed that the XJ TALK SHOW! is expanding a bit. Instead of just a weekly show to download and listen to you know get the weekly promo a few days prior to the shows release. Well Josh and I were talking about a request we've been receiving off and on and decided to publish, or re-publish, past interviews, Jeep Tips!, or Electrical and Audio Tips! during the week.

We re-published our first one yesterday (Saturday). It's the one that Steve 4.3lxj and I did on Aluminum vs. Steel Wheels.

What you'll hear is a bit of a lead in, the segment, and a little exit audio clip.

Get your inner Jeep nerd on!

Love to hear your thoughts on the podcast addition. :patriot:

bulrid8
01-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Sounds great. Just wondering why it takes 3 days to release the podcast? Why not have it available the next day?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

abebehrmann
01-26-2014, 10:03 AM
That's an awesome idea! I'm always trying to go back and listen to old Jeep Tips from the podcast.

cantab27
01-26-2014, 10:26 AM
um do a few in kiwi so I can understand what yall saying......

abebehrmann
01-26-2014, 11:17 AM
um do a few in kiwi so I can understand what yall saying......

Sounds like you're volunteering to do some jeep tips! I think that's a great idea Wayne!

I would love to hear an interview with you talking about the trials and tribulations of wheeling a Jeep in NZ, trouble getting parts, kicking some Yota ass on the trail, etc. :D

Mudderoy
01-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Sounds great. Just wondering why it takes 3 days to release the podcast? Why not have it available the next day?

We get done 11:30pm to midnight. I work the next day. It takes well over an hour to process the audio and post.

I've heard that consistency of when you release a podcast is important for people listening to it. Having it out Thursday would be impossible, Friday can be hit and miss. Monday is the start of a work week for most people and it should be easy to remember "Hey there is a new XJ TALK SHOW! today!"

It gives me 3 days (2 of them weekend days) to edit the podcast and get it ready for download. Consistently.

Our download numbers have improved!

Also we think it helps give people a reason for watching the live show, you know if they really want to get the show A.S.A.P.

Even with the extra time to get the show ready I still don't have time for really good show notes. The show is fun but there is a lot of work associated with it.

Hey but thanks for the comment and I think it's great that you'd like for it to be available sooner!

bulrid8
01-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Sounds good. I was just wondering. Cannot watch live show due to work, so I have to wait on the podcast. Thanks for what you guys do. Enjoy listening on way to work.

Mudderoy
01-26-2014, 11:41 AM
That's an awesome idea! I'm always trying to go back and listen to old Jeep Tips from the podcast.

Yeah I need to do some searching and pull them altogether so I can post them up in the feed. We're thinking they will come out on Wednesday's right now. We're trying to do two things. Give you guys what you want and keep the download numbers high all week. There is a dip in downloads right before the night we record a new show.

Mudderoy
01-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Sounds good. I was just wondering. Cannot watch live show due to work, so I have to wait on the podcast. Thanks for what you guys do. Enjoy listening on way to work.

Keep throwing those questions out there as well as suggestions. The show is just like this site, all about the listeners and members.

nickyg
01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Keep throwing those questions out there as well as suggestions. The show is just like this site, all about the listeners and members.

I have a question and a suggestion.
Why am I having such a hard time finding banana flavored moon pies? Did a factory blow up or something?
My suggestion: Give a free banana flavored moon pie with each download.

4.3LXJ
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I have a question and a suggestion.
Why am I having such a hard time finding banana flavored moon pies? Did a factory blow up or something?
My suggestion: Give a free banana flavored moon pie with each download.

With a free sample of Monkey Butt Powder :smiley-taunt002:

Ulybrew
03-30-2014, 12:40 PM
In the segment for this week in jeep the 2014 kl (kill) has allot of lime light.

I have not heard the connection to the mommy Wagon mini van. Small under powered and traverse in line or v6. That to me seems why it will never be a lifted worth while Wheeler. There is a reason why the red necks have not lifted a Caravan. Yes it's dumb but that usually doesn't stop um. As a GA boy I have seen my share of dumb.

I am in line with all the others saying the same thing. Drop the name or we crush one just to make a point!

Love the show. ...

Ulybrew
03-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Btw,
Yes, the show rocks. I love the filler bit about needing a fix. The the xj cranks up.

Priceless.

Me weeks new question. Are you listening or paying attention to xjtalk.com?

Yes dear... What? You get the point.