PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help

zkriszz
01-24-2014, 02:20 PM
on my 99 xj none of the windows will roll down unless you roll them down from the driver door the other doors will not move the windows iv been told before that there are some wires you can twist together to disable the window lock button and i did that a while ago but now they quit working again and i have changed the driver door since then so any help would be nice

Brasscatz
01-24-2014, 02:46 PM
It's it possible that wiring is bad or window motors are worn out? Also look for blown fuses

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

denverd1
01-24-2014, 02:57 PM
nah, motors are fine as you can roll all down from driver door. all other passengers can't control their windows. It's great when you've had a BIG bowl of spicy gumbo and want to dutch oven your passengers. Other than that it sucks. Don't know the fix, but I can relate!

abebehrmann
01-24-2014, 03:04 PM
this might help
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12325&highlight=door+switch

4.3LXJ
01-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I would check those wired you twisted together again. There is a thread on here to fix the switch itself with a little soldering if you want, or you can connect the wires. Since you can control them with the driver side switch, all the stuff is good except the current going to the other switches, which is controlled by the lock out switch

slvmart
01-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Since all windows are affected, but still work from the DDM (Drivers Door Module), what Chrysler called the Master switch on the Drivers Door, the problem is very likely that module. A new DDM is about $70. But if you want to mess with the old one, it is likely just a wire that comes loose in the module after being fatigued for a bunch of years. If you can find this bad connection, then all you have to do is to put a little solder on it and you should be good to go. I forget which connection it was. But it is also possible that one of the wires between the door and the body has a bad connection. Both are common failures.

In all probablility the link posted above should get it fixed without messing with the wiring.

zkriszz
02-11-2014, 10:43 AM
thanks thats what i did before but i didnt solder