PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have suggestions for the Best Chip / Programmer - All input is welcome

TheWeiss
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
This is my first post so be sure to respond and make me feel welcomed!

I just got back from Oktoberfest in Germany <--- its every bit a wild as you would think... and I didn't spend as much cash as I expected to.

Nonetheless, I've got just enough money to pick up something for my Jeep. I'm thinking of a programmer or a chip to add a little extra power and some fuel economy would be nice. I'm looking for something with an easy install (headers are next on my list but I have no place to install them myself and it's too much money to get them installed by anyone competent). I've got the following engine mods that I'm looking to capitalize on

K&N cold air
Screamin Demon coil and wires (.055 gap)
Borla Cat back Exhaust
Electric fans (took off the clutch fan and removed the olf electric fan)

Again, headers are in my future.

Any advise, experiences, opinions and thoughts are welcome!

Mudderoy
10-02-2009, 09:01 AM
This is my first post so be sure to respond and make me feel welcomed!

I just got back from Oktoberfest in Germany <--- its every bit a wild as you would think... and I didn't spend as much cash as I expected to.

Nonetheless, I've got just enough money to pick up something for my Jeep. I'm thinking of a programmer or a chip to add a little extra power and some fuel economy would be nice. I'm looking for something with an easy install (headers are next on my list but I have no place to install them myself and it's too much money to get them installed by anyone competent). I've got the following engine mods that I'm looking to capitalize on

K&N cold air
Screamin Demon coil and wires (.055 gap)
Borla Cat back Exhaust
Electric fans (took off the clutch fan and removed the olf electric fan)

Again, headers are in my future.

Any advise, experiences, opinions and thoughts are welcome!

I was excited by the ECM programmers when I first saw them. I asked a few questions and I didn't receive any positive answers. Well I guess it was positive that it really didn't do anything. So I'd like to know about these as well. Although for the price it might be worth just puting the $400 towards building a stroker and getting a 300 hp 4.7L engine. ;)

BlueXJ
10-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I was excited by the ECM programmers when I first saw them. I asked a few questions and I didn't receive any positive answers. Well I guess it was positive that it really didn't do anything. So I'd like to know about these as well. Although for the price it might be worth just puting the $400 towards building a stroker and getting a 300 hp 4.7L engine. ;)

That is exactly what I have heard about them. I would do some basics first like CAI and headers plus a better flowing exhaust system. After that I would consider increased intake pressure like a supercharger or turbocharger. Expensive but with great results.