PDA

View Full Version : No longer supporting jeepskool

Voldemort
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
His pricing and attitude has became ridiculous, I will not support him or his locations and People that do not know of him need to know what is going on.Not everyone is familiar with the censorship and the for lack of a better word the dictatorship that is happening there. http://www.jeepskool.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3852

He is ruining wheeling in Ohio and taking advantage of what is going on with free land closings.

TXstiGUY
10-01-2009, 11:17 PM
sounds like a douche to me . there was a thing on jeep skool in peterson I think they went there for the day or something.

BlueXJ
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Have you ever been bigbad??

TXstiGUY
10-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Have you ever been bigbad?? yeah I'm kinda of medium build and i stole candy once :thumbsup:

2000XJ
10-01-2009, 11:40 PM
This is popping up on a ton of forums, thankfully! This is a serious matter that is really going to hurt not just the OHV community nationwide, but also those residents of Moab who make a living off of the OHV community wheelnig there.

I was hoping to make it out to Moab in '10 or '11, and I have buddies that have been out yearly since '07 from New Jersey. It'll be so sad if we lose this land.

Voldemort
10-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Have you ever been bigbad??

Moab No, I wish! Jeep Skool Yes, I have been several times on rides with friends and once in my own rig, But here lately because of the drive and the price for unnecessary stuff had already made it a place I was barely attending. Now it has gotten out of control. What made me upset was The way he basically said in his post that if it is not his than he will not risk making money to help save it,his boasting and arrogance was just the icing on the cake.

Voldemort
10-01-2009, 11:45 PM
yeah I'm kinda of medium build and i stole candy once :thumbsup:
HAHAHAHAHAH! Now that funny right there.:smiley-laughing021:

TXstiGUY
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
This is popping up on a ton of forums, thankfully! This is a serious matter that is really going to hurt not just the OHV community nationwide, but also those residents of Moab who make a living off of the OHV community wheelnig there.

I was hoping to make it out to Moab in '10 or '11, and I have buddies that have been out yearly since '07 from New Jersey. It'll be so sad if we lose this land. My friend jake was out there this last summer theres 8 off-road shops 8 whats going to happen to them its like closing down a ski resort. Go to Angelfire NM in the summer :indifferent0028: nothing. I have no problem with conservation BUT you have to find a balance. According to that article this has come to fruition by some senator from NY WTF and nobody in UT is supporting :smiley-scared002: this is why this country is going to shit.

Mudderoy
10-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Have you guys seen the forum "Oh Look, My Trail Is Closed! (http://www.xjtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)"

Also we have a member that is very active in trying to keep land open. Have a look at her post here (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=983).

Voldemort
10-02-2009, 12:23 PM
This is more about this One guy (Kelly The owner of Jeep Skool) in Ohio. That is Benefiting from the loss of open land to make money. Then he will not let anyone in his forum talk or organize to help keep land open that is not making him money. He is a Douche Nozzle.

Mudderoy
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
This is more about this One guy (Kelly The owner of Jeep Skool) in Ohio. That is Benefiting from the loss of open land to make money. Then he will not let anyone in his forum talk or organize to help keep land open that is not making him money. He is a Douche Nozzle.

Dude you're going to get an ulcer if you keep holding it in, tell us how you really feel. :shocker:

DETOURS
10-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Unless it's a new one, that MOAB thing has been going around for well over a year or so......I used to get involved in land issues, only to watch Jeepers trip over each other in a bumbling frenzy.....it's not pretty.....and gets rather ignorant.

It's 'his' site.....as he states, he has the right to do whatever.

Jeepforum is owned by a single individual, lets just say I dont agree with what goes on there either, and worse......when asked, I got no answers to what the forum contributes to within the Jeep community...........Notta, was the answer and was in return.....Banned.

I say watch what you contribute/belong to.......there are a ton of choices out there.

Bigbad, once my rig is back on the trail, you're more than welcome to wheel down here.......we have land at our rear door step, and many other choices as well.

Voldemort
10-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Unless it's a new one, that MOAB thing has been going around for well over a year or so......I used to get involved in land issues, only to watch Jeepers trip over each other in a bumbling frenzy.....it's not pretty.....and gets rather ignorant.

It's 'his' site.....as he states, he has the right to do whatever.

Jeepforum is owned by a single individual, lets just say I dont agree with what goes on there either, and worse......when asked, I got no answers to what the forum contributes to within the Jeep community...........Notta, was the answer and was in return.....Banned.

I say watch what you contribute/belong to.......there are a ton of choices out there.

Bigbad, once my rig is back on the trail, you're more than welcome to wheel down here.......we have land at our rear door step, and many other choices as well.
Thank you as soon as my XJ is done I would feel privileged to come down and wheel with you, Thanks.:thumbsup: As for Him you are right it is his site and his park and he can do whatever he wants, but I just want people to know what kind of guy he is to keep in mind before choosing to go their.

Voldemort
10-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Dude you're going to get an ulcer if you keep holding it in, tell us how you really feel. :shocker:

That is one thing about me ,Dude. I call them like I see them. And do not back down from a fight. Some Chicken shits out there will like to make me seem like a ignorant A- hole. Those guys are uselessly scared little men who would tuck tail at the first sign of trouble.:headshake:

Mudderoy
10-03-2009, 04:46 AM
That is one thing about me ,Dude. I call them like I see them. And do not back down from a fight. Some Chicken shits out there will like to make me seem like a ignorant A- hole. Those guys are uselessly scared little men who would tuck tail at the first sign of trouble.:headshake:

Well I know what you mean but I just try to remember that it's their problem and not mine. I mean I know who I am, of course that a-hole tag does fit from time to time. Seriously! Ask my wife! :smiley-laughing021:

Voldemort
11-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Just when I thought i had saw it all!!:shocker: It came from this post about the new extreme trail they are making at jeepskool.:thumbdown:It is a $500 charge if Kelly has to send the CAT to fetch you. He will not let you winch or pull each other out on most of the trails and if you get caught doing it you will be stopped, charged for the CAT to come out and finish, and then kicked out.

http://www.jeepskool.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4398

To clarify:

"There is a $500 recovery charge(heavy equipment) for anyone who breaks down on a trail and CAN NOT be removed without major trail damage during the extraction. Regardless of who is in the front of the pack- or by yourself. This includes STAFF.

This charge is explained during Skool and is not negotiable. The equipment is owned by SHC and that is the fee they charge. Not anything I or you can do about it. Triple AAA is not going to save the day here or at any off road facility.
JeepSkool....Stop Dreaming and Start Living!!!!"
This is just one of the many great things they offer for their customers at Jeep Skool!!:rolleyes:

Mudderoy
11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Just when I thought i had saw it all!!:shocker: It came from this post about the new extreme trail they are making at jeepskool.:thumbdown:It is a $500 charge if Kelly has to send the CAT to fetch you. He will not let you winch or pull each other out on most of the trails and if you get caught doing it you will be stopped, charged for the CAT to come out and finish, and then kicked out.

http://www.jeepskool.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4398

To clarify:

"There is a $500 recovery charge(heavy equipment) for anyone who breaks down on a trail and CAN NOT be removed without major trail damage during the extraction. Regardless of who is in the front of the pack- or by yourself. This includes STAFF.

This charge is explained during Skool and is not negotiable. The equipment is owned by SHC and that is the fee they charge. Not anything I or you can do about it. Triple AAA is not going to save the day here or at any off road facility.
JeepSkool....Stop Dreaming and Start Living!!!!"
This is just one of the many great things they offer for their customers at Jeep Skool!!:rolleyes:

lol, we'll they'll be out of business soon. Maybe that's what he's trying to do.

DETOURS
11-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I read it differently.......a winch is required for the trail, so it's expected to be used.......The CAT seems to come into play if you cant extract yourself or by another without tearing up the rigs.

Obviously the ammount is far too much, but this way you wont expect the CAT to come get you everytime someone breaks, thus the over charging for the equipment.

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I read that the cat is owned by someone else, so that is what they charge. I used to log with a Cat. It took $25 per hour in the 80s just to cover operating costs. The charge seems excessive, but not if it is dedicated to that site and has no other work.

Voldemort
11-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I read it differently.......a winch is required for the trail, so it's expected to be used.......The CAT seems to come into play if you cant extract yourself or by another without tearing up the rigs.

Obviously the ammount is far too much, but this way you wont expect the CAT to come get you everytime someone breaks, thus the over charging for the equipment.

I read that the cat is owned by someone else, so that is what they charge. I used to log with a Cat. It took $25 per hour in the 80s just to cover operating costs. The charge seems excessive, but not if it is dedicated to that site and has no other work.

I spoke with a guy that was out there a couple weeks ago(it was his first and last time) He said they used the excavator to remove a kids ZJ who blew a Ball Joint because he didn't want the dead wheel drug through Bridge Road to the Factory to be put on his trailer. this was like 50 yards at the beginning of a older trail! The thing is not just the amount to get pulled out, it is the fact that you do not have a choice.

The way he puts it makes it seem as a last resort, the guys that have paid to go out there say it is not up to you and is thier first move.

cantab27
11-26-2009, 07:50 PM
so his staff get charged as well, did i read that right......

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ThaT is what it says. Jeepskool doesn't own the track hoe. So who ever needs it pays for it.

cantab27
11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
dam.. hate to have a mishap in the cat then....$$$$$$$$

Voldemort
11-26-2009, 11:19 PM
so his staff get charged as well, did i read that right......

ThaT is what it says. Jeepskool doesn't own the track hoe. So who ever needs it pays for it.

That is one of the weird things, as far as I know this place owns everything else at their disposal ad the CAT doe not leave the property. SO if it costs $500 because they have to have someone come out with a borrowed CAT everyday and then leave, then how much does it cost them if no one needs it or just one $500 fee? It would be cheaper to buy one, right? Well that is where it gets more funny cause everyone that lives close or has went here recently say that that thing stays on the grounds. That must b costing them a fortune, HUH?:stars:

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 11:29 PM
It would be hard to tell what the exact arrangements are. But I can tell you that those things are expensive. Since they say they don't own it, then I would imagine the money goes to whoever does own it. If it starts up once or twice a day, then that is a reasonable fee considering what it costs to buy one. I bought a used cat for $27,000. That track hoe, what I saw of it cost much more than that.

DETOURS
11-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Well, if thats how it truely is over there, you wont see my tread pattern on that property.

2000XJ
11-28-2009, 09:54 PM
From what I've read about this guy, including this most recent development, he seems like the most unfriendly Jeeper out there. I understand that there is a big cost associated with HE extractions, but to make it so that it's the only way is pretty unfair. The point of a wheelin' community is to help everyone out, not screw people who have had a string of bad luck.