PDA

View Full Version : Hand cleaner?

bad luck
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
I was wondering what kind of hand cleaner do you use? I used to use that orange stuff, but I never liked it to well. (it's almost as worthless as that damn fluffy soap that all the public restrooms seem to use nowadays) A while back I bought this stuff Stockhausen Kresto, this works great, but I'm wondering if there is anything better. So please post what you use and how you like it.

4.3LXJ
01-14-2014, 10:02 AM
I use Fast Orange, if that is what you are referring to. I have the stuff with the pumice in it for home use and without pumice for trail use

denverd1
01-14-2014, 12:54 PM
yup fast orange here too.

bad luck
01-14-2014, 02:05 PM
I used to use that fast orange but I don't think it works too well. When I was up in Grand Rapids, Mi. and needed some work done on the truck, the shop I went to had Beaver Nut scrub hand cleaner, that stuff worked great. But the Stockhausen Kresto cleaner I use now works just as well, you can buy it at Amazon too. I bought mine before I joined the forum, so no kickback for the show on it. Also Zep makes good hand cleaner. If you guys using fast orange tried these I think you would like them better.

nickyg
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
I use this stuff from the dollar store. I also try to use latex gloves when I can.

Firemanray
01-14-2014, 04:49 PM
The trick to using fast orange is to NOT apply water until you have thoroughly scrubbed the grime loose on your hands using nothing but the cleaner. Then rinse off, or just wipe it off with a rag if water is not available. I keep a bottle of it in my trucks all the time. Great stuff.

Brasscatz
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
My dad used to use Goop, but I have a bottle of Fast Orange that I use mostly. When I do lighter work, I use dish soap and a nail brush to help scrub. The de-greasers in the dish soap works quite well

XJ Wheeler
01-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Yeah, i mainly just use dawn dish soap. Works pretty good on the grease, at least what i don't wipe on my shirt and pants. :rolleyes:

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

cantab27
01-15-2014, 01:21 AM
WD40..........but don't getem dirty when ya got a nice clean reliable jeep like mine ......:rolleye0012:

bulrid8
01-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Yep, Fast Orange and a towel. Gets my hand clean as can be! I have had the same large bottle for 15 years. Only takes a small amount to get the job done.