PDA

View Full Version : Trick question for the regulars......

DETOURS
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
The trick question is: Just how far have you ventured from what you consider home plate, and for how long?

Example: Mr. ??? was born and raised in NY/NY, spent 4 years at Michigan state, stayed an additional year......met a girl from Houston Texas, spent 2 years in Texas with her, moved to Canada to study squid............Here I am.

Whats your storey??

Me?
Born & raised in CT.
Split at 18 joining the AF, schooled & schooled again in Texas for 13 months...
From there, very Northern Maine for 3.5 years, stayed an additional 1.5 years cuzz I liked it.......5 years total.
Returned to CT, just to buy a home on the shoreline (over-rated).....11 years.
Got wise, headed southwest...........just in time I might ad........

Oversea's Adventures: Jamaica

You????

TXstiGUY
09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Born in Cristchurch New Zealand to British parents then moved to Adalaide Australia then came to America Florida first then to Texas then down to Georgia for 4 years then to Northern Scotland Only to come back to Texas were I now live but we want to move to Colorado were I spent a lot of time working. Both Colorado and New Mexico.:smiley-gen165:

alwaysxj
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
born in logan utah lived their tell i was 18 got hitched and then moved to hyrum utah (about 10 miles south of logan) and bought a house. still living in the house raising my soon to be two kids hopefully for 5 more years in utah then off to colorado if i have my way.

so i will be staying in utah who am i kiding. lol

Mudderoy
10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Born in Houston, raised in Baytown. Moved to Houston in my late 20's. Had a house built in Katy, and moved into it about 12 years ago.

Baytown is 20 miles East of Houston, Katy is 20 miles West of Houston. :rotfl2:

2000XJ
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Born in Brooklyn, NY, and lived there until I was 8
Then my family moved out to East Hanover, NJ (North Jersey) and this is where I currently live.
During my four years in college I lived in Villanova, PA (about 15 miles west of Philadelphia).
During those four years I also spent a considerable amount of time in Easton, PA because that's where my girlfriend went to school.

Other countries I've been to: Canada, Mexico, Aruba

DETOURS
10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Dang......TXstiGUY has us ALL beat mileage wise, by himself! :eek:

I wonder which accent he favors.............Gu Day Mate????

TXstiGUY
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
the question is " Do YA'LL like tea and crumpets" :)

DETOURS
10-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I like crumpets, tea I can live without thanks to Maxwell House......

Soo I'm thinking the Brit accent stuck??:popcorn: Oh wait.......Maybe Texas??

Voldemort
10-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Born In Goldsboro N.C ( Dad was at Fort Brag and so had his dad) and during my youth I have lived in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Then we moved North to Cincy Ohio, then back to N.C then Florida then back to Cincy and was there from 8th till High School Graduation Then I played a year of NCAA division 1AA Football in Iowa for the University of Northern Iowa Panthers (Three seasons at DT) then got a partial with 1A Cincy Bearcats and I'm still in Cincy area. I did go to Canada to try my hand at Pro Canadian Football and got picked up by the Saskatchewan Roughriders and got cut then tried the arena league but they wanted me to move out west and there was no guarantee so I hung up my pads and came back to cincy and started power lifting till my injury. I wish to one day move back to the South either N.C. Florida or Texas. Hell I heard the Dakotas are nice too??

AJ99
10-02-2009, 01:18 AM
wow i have lived in a total of two houses growing up lol and then where i am living right now... they are all in the same town Bakersfield, CA just different sides of town. Although i spent my summers in Pismo Beach CA at my grandparents house for 5 years lol

BlueXJ
10-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Born in N.C. Moved (as an infant) to Washington D.C. and grew up there. Went to X-Ray school in D.C. Then into the Navy and Boot in Chicago area. Then TDY at San Deigo. Then to Viet-Nam then back to San Deigo, Transfered to Bethesda,Md. (just outside D.C.) Then moved to N.C. From there I worked in Newport News, Va. Back to N.C. then to Texas. Short time in Georgia and again return to Texas. So that is about it as far as semi-permanent housing. Spent 12-15 years while living in Texas as a contract employee and traveled throughout most of the U.S. except New England and Pacific N.W.
That about does it for me except have traveled as a tourist in most of Mexico and Central America.

Mudderoy
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Born in N.C. Moved (as an infant) to Washington D.C. and grew up there. Went to X-Ray school in D.C. Then into the Navy and Boot in Chicago area. Then TDY at San Deigo. Then to Viet-Nam then back to San Deigo, Transfered to Bethesda,Md. (just outside D.C.) Then moved to N.C. From there I worked in Newport News, Va. Back to N.C. then to Texas. Short time in Georgia and again return to Texas. So that is about it as far as semi-permanent housing. Spent 12-15 years while living in Texas as a contract employee and traveled throughout most of the U.S. except New England and Pacific N.W.
That about does it for me except have traveled as a tourist in most of Mexico and Central America.

And THANK YOU for your service!

Melissa
10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I was born in Seattle, Wa(1977). Moved to Madras, Oregon when I was 11(1988). Was emancipated and moved myself to the other side of Madras when I was 14 almost 15(1991). Moved to Spray, Oregon(2003), then Heppner, Oregon(2007).

The other places I have visited are Idaho, California, Navada, Arizonia, Georgia, Illinois, Florida, District of Columbia, and Mexico

DETOURS
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Emancipated?? Dang, at 14 thats crazy.......but what do I know. :popcorn:

Melissa
10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Emancipated?? Dang, at 14 thats crazy.......but what do I know. :popcorn:

Well being as my whole family is nuts, I was the sane one then, but even that could be disputed now :rotfl2:

I did have a full time job ( I lied about my age, I said I was already 15 so I would get hired ), and went to school full time as well

DETOURS
10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Huh........It's all good of course, I was circumcised at Benihana's at age 7, if it makes you feel an better............

http://www.benihana.com/

TXstiGUY
10-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Huh........It's all good of course, I was circumcised at Benihana's at age 7, if it makes you feel an better............

http://www.benihana.com/ what an *** clown :rotfl2: I was even dumb enough to click the link :rotfl2:

DETOURS
10-04-2009, 07:41 PM
No worries..........I wont ask why you felt the need to click on the link! :smiley-laughing021:

pvt.Tadpol xj
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Born in Dallas TX Lived there at times and in Emory TX little bitty country town. moved to south grand prairie for a few years then off we went to houston TX believe it or not back to south grand prairie tx. from there we found a place called north mesquite and theeeen somehow here we are in denison tx thats on lake texoma at the tx okla. border i have been living here in the same little lake cabin for a least 23 yrs:patriot:

Mudderoy
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Born in Dallas TX Lived there at times and in Emory TX little bitty country town. moved to south grand prairie for a few years then off we went to houston TX believe it or not back to south grand prairie tx. from there we found a place called north mesquite and theeeen somehow here we are in denison tx thats on lake texoma at the tx okla. border i have been living here in the same little lake cabin for a least 23 yrs:patriot:

In all that time where you every further than 10 minutes from a Wal-Mart? :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I almost bought a lake cabin here.........building the shop would have ruined the hole cabin thing though..........it's still for sale.

Mudderoy
10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I almost bought a lake cabin here.........building the shop would have ruined the hole cabin thing though..........it's still for sale.

You're fine just where you are. You don't need anything prettier than what you got. :patriot:

Audio222
10-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Short story - Let's see 4 elementary schools, two high schools (all in Louisiana) and five different colleges. Born and raised in Louisiana but lived in Indiana, Kentucky, California (North and South), Hawaii, Oregon and soon to be Texas. Some of these more than once.

COSXJFAN
10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Born, 1973, in Chickasha, OK. Moved a ton, and no, my folks aren't in the military. They must have been gypsies, or been running from the law!! After no less than 8 moves, wound up in Paoli, OK in the 7th grade, and graduated HS there. It was nice to finally spend a few years in one place!! I lived in OK until 1995, then moved to CO. Moving to CO was by far the best thing I have ever done, I absolutely love it here!!

TXstiGUY
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
COS my wife and I want to move there so bad I worked in NM and CO earlier this year "TEDS ranch" and I loved it there. spent quite a bit of time in COLO SPRINGS . theres not much in Trinidad except for trannies :rotfl2: and I don't mean ax-15s

xj4lifetwo
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Lake Texoma .. best catfishin' in the world right there !!!

DETOURS
10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Short story - Let's see 4 elementary schools, two high schools (all in Louisiana) and five different colleges. Born and raised in Louisiana but lived in Indiana, Kentucky, California (North and South), Hawaii, Oregon and soon to be Texas. Some of these more than once.

Thats alot of moves, military folks?

COSXJFAN
10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Lake Texoma .. best catfishin' in the world right there !!!

That is the biggest thing I miss about OK is the water sports!! We used to go to Lake Texoma a lot back in the day!!

DETOURS
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky "D"

http://www.benihana.com/

what an *** clown I was even dumb enough to click the link.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Still laughing over this one.......... :smiley-laughing021:

Audio222
10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Thats alot of moves, military folks?

Nope just poor folks looking for something better. I left Louisiana when I graduated High School, that means that I left out Arnold & St Louis Mo. (my first real job). My dad raised a family of 5 on $100 a week. When he died he was in charge of the engineering shops at LSU. My dad done good in the end. In the early 90's my dad was the State faculty member of the year.

DETOURS
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Kool! :thumbsup:

cantab27
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
born in Christchurch new Zealand, moved over to west coast to cut down trees when i was about 20... then off to australia for 10 years or so .. now back in christchurch......love the place......:thumbsup: