PDA

View Full Version : jeppy no starty

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
ok i got this jeep about four months back and i'm just now getting around to get it road worthy. so i would go out and start it every couple days. i think something is going on with the nutreal safty switch. if you don't push it in to park pretty hard then it would drain the batt. so i have been working on it alot latly i just swaped in new axles from a 99 with a built d30 with welded tubes and gussited everything and a 8.25 that is welded. and now im ready to drive it so i thought.

i went to go to the shop to get it inspected and it would not start. i tryed to jump it sometimes that works but not last night. so i but a batt charger on it and it says that it is fully charged. still will not start. i take it to the parts store to get it tested and it is way to weak to test so they have to charge it. the batt charges just fine and says that it it good they take it off the charger and it starts to beeps so they test it again and it says that it is dead. so i get a new one and take it home put it it and still will not start.:sad0147: it turnes over but will not fire so i mess with the safty switch and i try it again probably like 10 mins later and the bat is so dead that it just clickes.

what would be draining my batt so fast?
do you think that this could have anything to do with safty switch?

ok so it does not have like a big system in it with a amp so that would not drain it. i have not done anything to the motor just put in the axels. i have checked over the wireing and everything looks good.

do you have any ideas? i need to be :driving: this thing soon

soory for the book.

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
ok i got this jeep about four months back and i'm just now getting around to get it road worthy. so i would go out and start it every couple days. i think something is going on with the nutreal safty switch. if you don't push it in to park pretty hard then it would drain the batt. so i have been working on it alot latly i just swaped in new axles from a 99 with a built d30 with welded tubes and gussited everything and a 8.25 that is welded. and now im ready to drive it so i thought.

i went to go to the shop to get it inspected and it would not start. i tryed to jump it sometimes that works but not last night. so i but a batt charger on it and it says that it is fully charged. still will not start. i take it to the parts store to get it tested and it is way to weak to test so they have to charge it. the batt charges just fine and says that it it good they take it off the charger and it starts to beeps so they test it again and it says that it is dead. so i get a new one and take it home put it it and still will not start.:sad0147: it turnes over but will not fire so i mess with the safty switch and i try it again probably like 10 mins later and the bat is so dead that it just clickes.

what would be draining my batt so fast?
do you think that this could have anything to do with safty switch?

ok so it does not have like a big system in it with a amp so that would not drain it. i have not done anything to the motor just put in the axels. i have checked over the wireing and everything looks good.

do you have any ideas? i need to be :driving: this thing soon

soory for the book.

You need to find out what your current drain is on the battery. If it is too high, above 40 ma I believe, you need to find the reason. The best way would be to remove a fuse and check the meter. Put the fuse back and move on to the next one. Once you find the circuit causing the issue you can start checking all the items on that circuit.

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
You need to find out what your current drain is on the battery. If it is too high, above 40 ma I believe, you need to find the reason. The best way would be to remove a fuse and check the meter. Put the fuse back and move on to the next one. Once you find the circuit causing the issue you can start checking all the items on that circuit.

will do thanks for that i was going to go throw all the fuses today when i get home.

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 11:46 AM
will do thanks for that i was going to go throw all the fuses today when i get home.

Find out the drain before you start. You may find there isn't a drain, or at least one that isn't causing your problem. Of course this may have nothing to do with your starting problem.

alwaysxj
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
found out what was wrong with the jeep. i found that it was a bad battery cable.

Mudderoy
10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
found out what was wrong with the jeep. i found that it was a bad battery cable.

Which one?

alwaysxj
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
the positive cable is not clamping down enough to get a good connection so if you wiggle it then it will start.

TXstiGUY
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't mean this in a bad way but:wtf: that is the problem :rotfl2:

alwaysxj
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't mean this in a bad way but:wtf: that is the problem :rotfl2:

if you read i got it fixed but thanks for the imput a$$ hole:smiley-laughing021:

TXstiGUY
10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
It just goes to show always check the simple things first.:smiley-scared002: