PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5c vs S3 vs iPhone 2g

Joliet Johnny
12-05-2013, 03:55 AM
I switched from a iPhone 2g(which still saw use as an mp3 player) to a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year about this time, so I will actually be comparing the 3 phones.

I decided to get the yellow version of the 5c in 16gb, on the internet the yellow doesnt look as good. The phone feels like it is built solid, I can easily see the screen outside when the sun is out, the battery is good. The S3 failed on all of those and the 2g had a better battery life. I like the new podcast app that wouldnt work with my 2g. I set up playlists for each day of work and there is no more waiting for podcasts to build up so I dont have to pull the phone out and select a new one. The S3 sucks for podcasts. I work in a place where internet and signal are sketchy. The 2g would always have 1 bar, S3 either internet (E network)or 1 bar but call fail, 5c 3/5 bars and sometimes 4g works(mostly E works) Transferring data to PC is where it iPhones are equal but the S3 died. S3 likes to give errors when moving a 1.2gb video I shot and 5c doesnt care, drop box is a must if using Android and levels they playing field. Apps are mostly the same for 5c and S3. I do miss the google cards the S3 gives you and the cheap usb cable.

Pros:
2g- mostly great as mp3 player and to test wifi connection

S3- brightest flashlight, expandable storage, good camera, google cards, nice cases available, cheap usb cable for sale, GPS is great

5c- feels solid, easy to add and play podcasts, those annoying group text messages make sense now, better signal, battery life, just the right size for my shirt pockets, with all the add on accesories avalible I thing I could control the space station

Cons:
2g- out dated/no GPS

s3- cant see screen in sunlight, battery life poor, trouble when transferring large files, useless as a phone where I work, lack of accesories for it, feels cheap, group text messages are annoying and illogical

5c- cant find a good case for it, GPS is confusing to work, every time I connect phone to computer it asks if I trust it, expensive usb cable

Conclusion:
If you want a great mp3 player that also makes calls and sends texts get the iPhone 2g. Im happy with the 5c but if podcasts are as important to you as they are to me then apple is the way to go, even a 1st gen touch will do better than anything Android has to offer. Providing signal is good and your by a charger and you dont care about podcasts the the S3 and 5c are both very similar.