PDA

View Full Version : 4* Shims

ezbuzzsaw
12-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Wow not going to be a great review, I don't think I even remember the brand of shims but the did not have the correct hole drilled from the factory, it had a 1/4" hole and we had to stop and drill them for the correct pin size. I will look and see where I bout them and repost.
So what should have been a 20 to 30 minute job became an hour or so. Not a big deal except we where doing several things and this delay pushed us after dark for the bleeding of the brakes.
Just ask your retailer to check that yours are drilled out before shipping.

Thanks,

EZ

Brasscatz
12-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I love it when stuff doesn't fit from the manufacturer....

ezbuzzsaw
12-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Well why not leave out a few steps of manufacturing to save a few buck, I mean those customers are just hobbyists what else are they going to do with their time right! LOL I had four jobs going that day and did not have time to finish their manufacturing for them. Besides I paid a lot for those shims!
EZ

Infidel Edition
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Wow not going to be a great review, I don't think I even remember the brand of shims but the did not have the correct hole drilled from the factory, it had a 1/4" hole and we had to stop and drill them for the correct pin size. I will look and see where I bout them and repost.
So what should have been a 20 to 30 minute job became an hour or so. Not a big deal except we where doing several things and this delay pushed us after dark for the bleeding of the brakes.
Just ask your retailer to check that yours are drilled out before shipping.

Thanks,

EZ

I just had MAJOR PITA with shim ordering too.
The 2* Tuff Country shim set (I needed 2.25*) arrived and only measured 1.2 +/- (from Amazon = full refund and now they're sitting in my tool bag) Anyone need a 1* shim set?

The 2.5* shim set I picked up at 4 Wheel Parts (Rubicon Express) were 2.5*'s. But as you mentioned, it only had a 1/4" hole.
And I had my rear all jacked up and pulled apart ready for the shim = and WHAAAAA?
Easy fix, but WTF!
...I suppose there might be some other vehicle out there that uses the girly little 1/4" ... but still!