PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my Brother in Law

matchframe
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
My Brother in Law, Mark, is a retired Colonel from the Army. He was an Attack Helicopter Pilot who saw action in most every conflict since 1984 until last year. He was in the 160th which is the Special Forces Aviation group that supports the SEALs. Much longer story short, he is now suffering with PTSD which means, he has nightmares of all he went through, saw and did as well as friends he lost, most of which he saw when they were lost.

Since last Thursday, we have been working with him as he deals with these demons. One of our cousins who is a Police Officer in Lake Charles was able to get his guns away from him since he kept threatening to take his own life. He has not threatened anyone else, just to himself. We finally got him to the VA Hospital last night and he did voluntarily admit himself. Please pray for Mark as he works through all of this. Also keep his family: wife, son, daughter, brother, 2 sisters and extended family as we all go through this with him.

Thanks!!
Bill

4.3LXJ
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Sure Bill. Those kinds of things can haunt a man. I have known many, some not even in combat, but firefighters that have the same thing

xj4life2
11-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Prayer sent for him , sadly its a very common disorder , on the good side it can be treated and worked through, your support is one of the most important things you can do other than pray. He has been put on my list!!!

abebehrmann
11-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I'll be thinking about him. I have a friend who went through something very similar, he's doing much better now thanks to the help of some doctors and a service dog best friend to help him through the tough parts.

Brasscatz
11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
done brother

Firemanray
11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Done!!! Maybe he's in a place that get him some help to comfort him now. Those are some bad demons to deal with. My Dad suffered from PTSD due to military action. I've got it (not as bad as them guys) from some of the stuff I've experienced in the fire service.

XJ Wheeler
11-25-2013, 08:01 PM
You got it. Can't imagine what he went through, hope he gets better soon.

matchframe
11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
I appreciate all of your prayers !! Means a lot to us. We were able to visit with Mark for a few minutes last night. He is doing better, but still has a long road ahead of him. I will update his progress when I can.

bad luck
11-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Best wishes for a full recovery. I really admire all the men and women of our military, and firefighters too. I can't imagine what they go through. I get upset when the good guy in a movie gets killed off, having your real life buddies die or injured would be horrible. Thanks for letting us know about this.

matchframe
12-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Mark is doing a lot better. Thanks so much for your prayers! They work!

He is not totally out of the woods yet, but has made really good progress. The Drs released him for the holidays so he can be with his family, but he will return after the first of the year to continue treatment. I have met some of the guys he flew with in the Special Forces, and I am glad they are on our side!! Everyone of these guys have gone through the same thing and fight the demons daily, but their tight brotherhood brings them back together to help each other through this nightmare of PTSD. I had no idea that PTSD was this bad.

I can understand how warriors, police and fire fighters go through this too. See Mark fight this has renewed my respect for anyone who is a warrior and first responder. Keep them all lifted up in prayer.... they will always need it. Again, thanks for being there in prayer for Mark.

Brasscatz
12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Mark is doing a lot better. Thanks so much for your prayers! They work!

He is not totally out of the woods yet, but has made really good progress. The Drs released him for the holidays so he can be with his family, but he will return after the first of the year to continue treatment. I have met some of the guys he flew with in the Special Forces, and I am glad they are on our side!! Everyone of these guys have gone through the same thing and fight the demons daily, but their tight brotherhood brings them back together to help each other through this nightmare of PTSD. I had no idea that PTSD was this bad.

I can understand how warriors, police and fire fighters go through this too. See Mark fight this has renewed my respect for anyone who is a warrior and first responder. Keep them all lifted up in prayer.... they will always need it. Again, thanks for being there in prayer for Mark.

Damn glad to hear he's doing better buddy! Thanks for keeping us updated!

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Awesome to hear! Hope progress continues greatly.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.