PDA

View Full Version : 94 xj off roader steady build

rangiemadbarney
11-13-2013, 06:20 AM
i live in the uk and am one of the few people with a xj for an off roader :patriot: (every ones landrover mad over here!) brought it in quite a rough shape will try and get a picture up, everythings alot more expensive over here :bang: and im only a farmer so forgive me if you think its a pile of pants so far ive done:
* safari snorkel
*4.5 rough country lift
* 1/2 inch spacers on wheels
*cooper discoverer tryes on modular rims (dont reckon to much on the tyres for grip!)
*full engine service new 8mm ht leads, rotor arm etc
*spot lights on the roof as the first lot got ripped off by a low tree ha
*home made bumper for now
* box section bumper on rear with dual towing points

a few other bits, slowly doing it up, got a powertrax lockright kit to go in the back diff to help it get around ... let me know what you think!

bluedragon436
11-13-2013, 07:12 AM
That's a nice looking XJ you've put together, and love the FSJ tow rig as well!!

Brasscatz
11-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Beautiful mate! Loving that Jeep Pickup as well :thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
11-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Mate. And I agree, nice Jeeps. Both of them. That locker will make a big difference in the off road performance

abebehrmann
11-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Very nice! I like both of them. Is that a J-10 or a J-20? I actually learned how to drive a stick on a '74 J-10, great trucks!

XJ Rat
11-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Remind the Land Rover owners the first Land Rover was a rebuilt Jeep :D

XJ Wheeler
11-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Great setup! Nicely done on both rigs. I can only imagine how hard to find that J-truck was if XJs are scarce.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

rangiemadbarney
11-17-2013, 09:48 AM
thanks for all the replies guys! been a yank motor it doesnt get much love form the posh off roaders ha. have to admit, the pick up isnt mine as much as a wish it was, its my girlfriends j10 (both big petrol heads haha) ill keep the photos coming, ive now got a winch bumper bigger tyres and a 6.5 lift but now having trouble with the all common death wobble!

rangiemadbarney
11-17-2013, 09:51 AM
thanks man, yes the tow points do make a diference wen it comes to hitching up quickly !

SkillsHunte
11-17-2013, 02:39 PM
AAAAMMMAAAZING one :D simply love it,keep the good work and keep us feed with our jeep addiction :D ill folow your build man, take your time, do it your way :)