PDA

View Full Version : 2001 dailyDrive familly project

SkillsHunte
11-03-2013, 10:16 PM
....huh

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

SkillsHunte
11-03-2013, 10:37 PM
There we go, might have figured a way to keep you guys updated, this new phone i got yesterday seems to have epic apps wich let me post on here...

Now, yet aggain im seb, new xjtalk member and heres my build...i am the current owner of a 2001 xj black that i recently lifted with a 4.5" kit by rough country.nothing else has already been done.as first post, i will explain the basic project and the way i will get trought since i personally beleive that a jeep is a long term project wich is always unique. The build will mainly be about my current jeep, but since my dad and my brother both have already lifted jeeps/stock jeeps, during the way we will see alots of their stuff because they will both build their project at the same time. (Trying to get thems both on forum at the same time haha)

Heres the project ,since i run my own buisness into telecommunications with my dad as partner, it can, at some point take a small ammount of time between change on the jeeps. Now, this being said into fun parts now. I'v e got a 2001 4.0l sport edition, with the 8.25 pre-locked rear diff. Currently, im waiting after winter to get tires, the current plan being to get 33/10.5/15 km2 or 33/12.5/15 baja claw ttc.those are probably the next purchaces.

Heres both mine and my older brother jeeps. Ill keep this thread updated everytime we do something on the jeeps.

Seb.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

cantab27
11-03-2013, 10:41 PM
yours is better than ya big bros .........:D........tell em I said that :p

SkillsHunte
11-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, he prefer zj over xj, and hes currently the owner of a wj with a v8 , wich im planning to buy to swap into the xj..;-)

done with the S3

XJ Wheeler
11-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Good family. Got jeeps in the blood. Both fine looking rigs. Got a zj like your bros in the family here too.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

SkillsHunte
11-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Haaa love those zj, when their well build they looks incredible...

done with the S3

XJ Wheeler
11-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Haaa love those zj, when their well build they looks incredible...

done with the S3

I totally agree! And if i had the cash i would have one to go with my xj.

SkillsHunte
11-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Today we went into some small trail arround the house, found some mud spots, small rocks at some point, got stuck somewhere so my brother had to dig some mud to get me out haha, fun time yet aggain.still got to allign the jeep.then priority will be heating system and tires...

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Its been about a week i have'nt post on here, umm yea, no change yet, no allignement, nothing changed, its starting to be cold here,this morning i had to hit those door thing so i could actually open the door, just the ice haha did'nt really hit the door thing ^^ anyways, gotta still look for tires,allign and priority then will be heater... cause now theres gonna be ice in the jeep haha

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
And today i felt like doing a litle something on Beelord, cause yeah well...we named it this way haha, used some engine cleaner and took off some dirt, will probably have to do it aggain but anyways...also bought 2 new gift for the jeep, ill post you a pic once install too

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Aaaaaand like everytime i touch something...i broke something... broke the small 90º adaptor for the hose thats goes into the cover....no clues how you take it off touhgt...but now theres some crap in there so...ill try fix this tomorow i guess..heres the pic tought

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 07:47 PM
There u go

done with the S3

4.3LXJ
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Those get brittle. You can buy new ones

Carves
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
.... and best if you warm up the engine,

... makes the grommet a bit more supple.

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
They sell those tubes thingy alone?

done with the S3

4.3LXJ
11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
How do you call those thing? I guess its not litle hose haha

done with the S3

Brasscatz
11-14-2013, 08:15 PM
PCV elbow maybe?

Brasscatz
11-14-2013, 08:19 PM
AHA! Look!

Brasscatz
11-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I just went to rockauto.com, selected Jeep, 2001, Cherokee, then searched PCV and there it was ;)

SkillsHunte
11-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Haaaa god i love you mate... for a nearly an hour i tought i would have to change the whole cover there....was'nt sure if they would sell those hose thing alone since i could'nt find a way to actually take it off..

SkillsHunte
11-16-2013, 01:40 AM
There you go guys...

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
12-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Yup so, its been 2 weeks i have'nt update you guys, sorry i've had some kind of stuff happening overhere,Annnyways! yesterday i picked a set of tires! winter tires :( still alot bigger than those drag one i had, hourayyyy for the new tires, no more fear of the snow haha, ill add you guys a pic soon ennought.

SkillsHunte
12-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Allright, so as promised yesterday, i took the jeep off road today, was driving with my bro and hes jeep when i saw an xj on the other side of the street , lifted ine with an epic bumper and some bigass 35"tire, ended up giving my number for some trail soon.after this we went on a small rock plateau thats near my house, its like an old career place where no one realy go..funny place we ended up drifting in snow like kids, awsome time pedals on the floors doing "s" in the snow for the back to slip....weird thing is, im actually not a drift fan, actually its scare me on the streets, but i was doing realy great and i ended up having fun! Then after being there for like35/50 mins a big tj appear...he offered us to go in a new trail nearby...ended up there having even more fun with my 2best buddys and a new tj friend, ill add you guys a video soon, my friend want to make a compilation and put thems on ytb...as for now heres a pic or 2

done with the S3

Brasscatz
12-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Looks like fun!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJ Wheeler
12-02-2013, 09:13 PM
What a blast... I WANT SNOW!!!

SkillsHunte
12-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Haha yup...winter scared the crap outta me...but after this....having fun drifting corners now haha...

done with the S3

07Negative
12-05-2013, 03:52 AM
They do. Dealer or try RockAuto.com

ArmyGuy45
12-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Do those little breather things actually work?

SkillsHunte
12-05-2013, 05:48 AM
I bénéfice so...haha

done with the S3

bluedragon436
12-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Looks like a good time was had, and the XJ is looking good.. any tires with tread are better then slicks... I ran some slicks on my XJ through on small snow, and vowed never to even attempt that again!! There was plenty of drifting on my way to and from work with those tires...

SkillsHunte
12-05-2013, 06:01 AM
The first few meters were si per fun....until I almost drove into mu . Neighbors house...

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
12-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Alrighht! New stuff new stuff weew alert , new stuff haha... so today I went and bought a set of new light cause the original ones seems to be a litle bit dark....got new silvania 3200k h6054.they're suppose to be brighter and wider, wich we will see soon ennought! Also, I somehow kind of ...took off the muffler...so theres nothing after the cat , wich amazingly make the 4l engine sounds like a mustang 0_o ...ill try make a video for this. Plans arent to put it back exept if im force to. Tomorow morning im droping the jeep at the shop for the trackbar to be install cause I really dont have the time.3 big contract just got in, so ill probably be paying bills before I start saving for tires.

done with the S3

XJ Wheeler
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Good stuff! Let us know how those lights are.

SkillsHunte
12-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Alright! just picked up the jeep :D trackbar is now on it! now for allignment soon and for the heating system caus enow winter being here, its cold as.......Pictures comming soon

SkillsHunte
12-20-2013, 11:10 AM
New New Newss doody doodaa newwws! Today i instaled those new lights,ill see tonight if it goes better .Hopefully i can fix heater soon, cause its getting a pain now, theres ice in the jeep, and snow on the floor...Anyways we took the jeep in a big mall center near by, did alot of drift everywhere, had tons of fun! will come back with pictures soon guys :)

SkillsHunte
12-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Those sylvnia light looks awsome, wider and clearer than original one.works really nice during nights.ill try pick a photo tonight, but just to keep you guys feed with jeepness heres a live picture from canada :D

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
12-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Live from canada!

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
12-24-2013, 10:05 AM
And... i just learnt something really cool about my jeep...deffinatly the more thing i do on it, the more i like it.. just like im starting to reamore the stuff from the way to my heater engine/fan kinda thing... i ended up asking myselft if i could... you know, unplug the old, put a new one, simply plug to see if it would works...and as i touch the onld connector... it seems like its not even plugged in... its only there... but not puch ennought.. so as i decide to look inside the truck after pushing it... its works just fine...Thanks BeeLord... i guess i just bought a spair part for nothing hahah...Heating system -Fix. one more down, now for saving tires.

SkillsHunte
01-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Doudely Doo! news News Newss! wow, its been a few time i have'nt feed you guys with some Beelord stuff,so why not keep you update i guess,Few thing changed Christmas,New year etc..breaks anyways.Has i said a while ago, i use to have 2 jobs, wich i don't anymore,Just droped one ,So we'll have less $ for the jeep for a few weeks,but anyways My brother just changed hes WJ for a XJ,Finally we corrupted him >:D heres a picture of both our jeeps in the driveway and my brother first flextest before any mod.

XJ Wheeler
01-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Clean Classic!

SkillsHunte
01-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Yesterday we both went and worked a bit on the jeeps, jop bought us two antena for future cb, installed thems, plus I worked on the mirror, yeah i've had a small "crunch "kinda problem few days ago, tried not to drive on peoples land, ended up destroying the mirror, and has if it wasnt ennought, the small engine part behind the mirror itselft, it kinda broke, so I fixed this part yesterday but I broke the glass aggain...meh

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Winter winter winter... I really Hate winter,Cold like a forgotten cofee...After nearly 2 weeks thats the jeeps have'nt move (Exept some few times, started it, let it run 15-20 mins ) few days ago, Started to work aggain, Contracts got in and so, money soon haha. Just like im waking up this morning , 6:00 am, Its dark outside and i don't see anything.. I knew i had problems with the battery few days ago, so yesterday the jeep slept on the charger .Started the jeep,It run for like 2 secconds then turned off, i beleive you say it chocked? Tought it was the battery so after my day at work, i went on and bought a new optima battery, RedTop one. My dad has 2 of them for both hes jeep and our service truck. Just like i was trying to unplog the old battery, I broke the pôle, so it seems like i'm gonna have to change this tomorow too ^^. Ill post you guys a picture of the battery tomorow once install. But like my dad told me, Maybe since my gas was'nt hight ennought with this cold, humidity cause water and the truck chocked because its really low hahah,Tomorow well see i guess

SkillsHunte
01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Now battery being Done,It starts Well everyday,But now thats i drive more often, i still have a problem, DeathWobble...I just went to the allignments, the guy told me he looked at the trackbar and stuff, he tighted some bolts, but i still have some wobble..Gotta look for this..

SkillsHunte
03-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Wow...it seems like its been forever ^^ have'nt done anything on the jeep since last time.had to do a few thing on the service truck before I can put anything on Beelord, anyways brother changed yet aggain hes jeep , bought a 89 yj for nealry nothing. Few thing to do on it , just like any jeep I guess.anyways good news folks, just spotted a deal on tires, set of 32/10.5/15 bf Goodrich mud terrain half use, plus their on a set of black weels just like i wanted, so I droped some money to keep thems and ill pick thems up during the week, anyways heres a pick of the new yj and Beelord during strom :D4920

done with the S3

SkillsHunte
04-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Heyy there guys , yet aggain, like most of my project , its late .Tires been installed, had trouble with a few nuts , plus i have a log nuts (i beleive thats the way you say it ?) Problem tought , had it loose when we took off the old small wheels...mmmh? Anyways tire and wheels are on now , another step down, i must admit it feels really weird on the highway. Feels like something loose in front right side, gotta look on this, had to take off front bumper corner since they touch the tires, and I had to pull pff one fog light , for some reason it fall off...mmmh ? Anyways heres a picture of the tire, now ill be looking 5222into fixing before adding :D

done with the S3

bluedragon436
04-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Looks good with the new tires... I'd say pull that tire off and take a look at the hub, and the TRE's on that end... Did you have to pull the end caps cause of hitting while flexed, or what??

SkillsHunte
04-27-2014, 10:35 PM
The TRE? Srry but what part does that mean. Oh no, when I turn actually they touch , but even with the corner out, theres this inner piece thats still there, gotta cut thems tought ...

done with the S3

bluedragon436
04-27-2014, 10:48 PM
TRE= Tierod ends

SkillsHunte
09-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Allright,its been forever since I update you guys, not much as changed since I changed the service truck before adding on Bee. Added a c.b, antena after breaking it, changed the radio...stuff like this, still have some trouble with wobble some time, havent touched tre yet.

SkillsHunte
09-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Allright, heres some bad news, first of all, today we spend the whole day working on both the jeep and my service truck.broke the front wheel bearing on the ford, so we fixed this whole thing wich was a mess..as for the interesting part, i think i found the wobble cause, seems like on my right side short arm, the screw on the dif part, its loose...like its tight as i can't tight it more or less, but its turning free in its place...so i can move it , not much it i can. Could this cause wobble? I also worked on the rust arround the flares, cutted the fake flare inside the wheel house, did the same with the flare itselft, painted the whole thing back in black, looks cleaner, atleast until i get new ones. And yet aggain , my starter died today, seems like oil is falling from my valve cover seal, wich falls into the starter, so it kinda...burned? Anyways im ordering a new one tomorow... ill post a picture as soon as i can :/

SkillsHunte
09-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Heyyy good and great mighty horrible news, changed the starter, yay jeep working now. And jo, my brother took the jeep today, and got me an inspection, wich lets be honnest , Bee's never gonna pass..., so 48 hrs frm now , Bee's gonna be over. Now im either stock taking it in parts , or scrapping it? What should i do. Now? Time to. Go get 6" on a new babe. In long term? Time to go try get something else? Wow this is the worst day i could've imagined.

XJ Wheeler
09-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Ya never know. I never thought mine would pass when I bought it. It had a rusted and smashed up exhaust even, but it passed easily. Even if it fails, that doesn't mean it couldn't be an easy fix. Whether you could run premium fuel, replace the catalytic converter, or maybe run a cleaner through it you could be on easy street. Hope the best for ya and that jeep passes clear!

Brasscatz
09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
It depends on how badly you want to keep this one. You can try to get it to pass because I'd hate to waste the time/money on this one, or if it just won't pass, part it out or something.

Rlpetty43
09-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I am glad Oklahoma doesn't have emissions testing heck we don't even have inspections at all anymore

SkillsHunte
09-24-2014, 08:53 PM
News...well guys..kinda desapointed over here...seems like i don't have much choice...tomorow im supposed to go have a look at a country edition...no clue if ill love this one as much as Bee tough. Ill take the lift kit, tires , dirrection as well as every part i think i could use on the new one, from what I've seen its gonna be ntb. I was looking for a clean body, no holes. Neither in the roof or on the floors, only a few things such as a broken light, wich comes with a new one. And the driver door locks...so ill have a look at jeep store to get the right one... ill let you guys know since im not sure either put both diff from the old one , or to get chromoly shaft for the front and the rear and lock with a aussi locker. ..wee'l see

SkillsHunte
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Allright guys, well its been a long time , im sorry computer died a while ago...but i made my jeep pass the inspection so im working to make it clean now..

SkillsHunte
11-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Will eventually have to make new floor pan, rockers too, and good news, think i found a deal on a SnapOn winch ,9000 lbs , a customer of mine who own me enough to pay it without me spending a single penny, or he also has SnapOn compressors, wich one is better?

SkillsHunte
07-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Erff today i will sadly announce,i sold Bee, ill buy a new one and start another thread soon guys,thanks for the tips and everything:/

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
07-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Don't be a stranger, you are still part of the community

SkillsHunte
07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks budd :)

bluedragon436
07-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the selling Bee... I know how much of a downer it is, to put lots of work into something (especially an XJ) and then see it drive away!! It's an addiction, you'll be back (trust me on this, I went through withdrawals till I got another one), but in the mean time.. Like Steve said... don't be a stranger... you're still part of the community...

SkillsHunte
07-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Oooh im already lookin for another one,i didnt had much of a choice tough,and at the same time,its good,cause well go bigger next time..

Brasscatz
07-14-2015, 08:32 PM
sad day

XJ Wheeler
07-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear, hope ya got a fair bit for it. That usually helps. :D

SkillsHunte
07-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Erf...naaah got like 800$,and i took off my optima from it..:/