PDA

View Full Version : d0nt_h8 has joined!

xjjeepthing
09-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi d0nt_h8, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

Please take a few moments and tell us more about you and your Jeep.
BTW, we love pictures, hint hint.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

BlueXJ
09-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Howdy and http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Welcome_SpinN.gif from TEXAS!!

d0nt_h8
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone-
I'm Chris from Sacramento, CA. I'm new to XJs but not to wheeling. Just bought a '92 XJ 2-door at the beginning of Sept., and just fell in love with it.. it's got 35s, 5.5in Rubi lift, re-geared & more. It's in great shape, but I'm getting ready to refurb the exterior.
I do all kinds of wheeling.. I'll go from AZ deserts to running the Shasta-Bally trail. Looking for info on great trails, remote campsites, etc.

Thanks!

96xj
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from florida

Melissa
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Nice looking XJ!

TXstiGUY
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome from TEXAS nice 2dr :thumbsup:

BlueXJ
09-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Very nice rig. Glad you posted a pic. Love that color!!!

N1TZU
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Hello Chris,Congrate's on the XJ,Welcome to XJT from Bob in Maine............

alwaysxj
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
hello and welcome from utah

ol"blue
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

d0nt_h8
09-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Nice looking XJ!
Thanks Melissa/everyone- yeah I don't see very many 2-door models around anywhere.. love the 4-door, but I really dig my 2-hatch.. If anyone out there has suggestions for me I'd be open..

Here's what's done:
-5.5 Rubi lift
-syl
-35s
-regeared
-dana 35 rear / Chrysler 8 up front
-glass packs
-Hi flow water pump
-hi flow radiator (but i'll be damned if it still doesn't heat up on hot days... argh!)

Purpose: Camping & light to moderate difficulty trail running. I have the idea of really building a combo crawler/pre-runner which I can also use to get there while towing a camping trailer full of supplies. Ruggedness, durability & versatility are my main concerns.

Planned:
Interior: I'm strongly considering hiring a fabricator for my interior needs- I'm a stickler for organization & ease of use, and there are so many things I have planned for the interior that I'll pay the hard-earned cash for that feature, lol.. btw, if anyone can direct me to someone who makes overhead consoles (and not just a 'shelf', ,lol) for the xj it would be appreciated, lol!

Exterior: Repaint, Line-X entire perimeter from door bump down, plus bumpers, mirrors & possibly entire roof. Rims going matte black as well (I know everyone is going that way, but every single vehicle I've ever had has had chrome, and I want this thing to be less flash/more function.).

Misc-
-No lockers. I haven't gotten to the point of hitting up Moab, etc. yet... I've yet to be stopped/stuck, so I don't know what it's limits are vs my driving style/needs, lol..

-Not doing anything else to engine for now.. it's gonna click 200k this week, and it's healthy... Just had smog done, and mechanic asked to buy it cuz he thought it was being sold. Compression very high, he said he'd never seen any vehicle that old test that well! I wouldn't mind making it breathe a little easier with maybe a high flow/cold air intake.. possibly headers & a chip?

~C

Dirt Dogg Rydas
09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Welcome!!!

UKJeepThang
10-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Welcome dude from a wet and grey London!! :headshake: