PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Fall in the Sierras

F1Addict
10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I was just sitting down at home after driving 400 miles, wondering how this trip will play out in written form. Being there was incredible, I love the mountains at this time of year. There is so much beauty and unpredictability, I know a lot of people complain about Comufornia but there are definitely benefits to living here. I don't say that out of naivety, I've been to all but four states in our Union (South Dakota, Hawaii, New Hampshire, and Iowa) and have traveled outside our borders as well but still consider this to be one of the most beautiful places on our little planet. I'll be doing a pretty thorough write-up over the weekend and will hopefully have Part One posted by Monday evening.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/F1Addict/Jeep/IMG_4240-1_zpscc314e16.jpg
Taken yesterday morning (Thursday, 10/10/2013)

4.3LXJ
10-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Jeff, just to put the rubber stamp on that, The northern CA foothills in spring have been named one of the ten most beautiful places in the world. Nice pic. I love the aspen trees this time of year

bluedragon436
10-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Looks awesome... I'd love to see views like that with a decent small drive...

F1Addict
10-15-2013, 02:46 AM
I've not had the time to finish my write-up on the latest adventure but I did manage to paste a few clips together for this video. They were all shot last week on my new GoPro. I've been a photographer for years but I have absolutely zero experience when it comes to pictures that move. I hope it doesn't completely suck ;)

http://youtu.be/TmlSAhSGAAw

bad luck
10-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I agree with you and Steve, that California is one of the most beautiful states. I was raised there, in Central California. The best motorcycle roads I ever rode are in Northern part of the state. But I do love the southern deserts too. I am looking forward to your trip report, so stop the teasing and get the report finished already! Just kidding. And the video didn't suck too bad, in fact it was pretty damn good.

4.3LXJ
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes, great video. I am really impressed with the camera, or the ride quality of the XJ. Not sure which

xj4life2
10-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Keep putting up Vids and pic like that and everybody will want to live here :) yes Boys and Girls this is where I live. In the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada range. Its my mountain by the way , just ask anyone lol lol