PDA

View Full Version : ready for a lift

96xj
09-25-2009, 11:42 PM
i should have all the money saved up by the 10 of october I'm going with R/C 6.5 and i want it all , and i mean everything

Jeep XJ 6.5" Suspension Kit [696S]
Slip Yoke Eliminator [50-7906]
Jeep XJ CV Rear Drive Shaft [5076]
Jeep XJ Performance 2.2 Series Steering Stabilizer [PERF87317]
Nitro 9000 Shock Upgrade [696N]
Jeep XJ Control Arm Drop Kit [1627]
front and rear diff cover/// D30HP //&// 8.25 that's if they make it
if the price is off please correct me

roughcountry is pricing it at $1,810.70

mark from payless4x quouted $1578.71??

:fighting0074::fighting0061: :fighting0029: :scared0016:
RON can you give me a quote ?

alwaysxj
09-26-2009, 12:20 PM
wow that's a lot of money but it will be nice when it's done.

Voldemort
09-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Skip those CA drop brackets and save for some long arms. Also you can get a hack-n-tap with a CV shaft for $200 from http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_HNT

2000XJ
09-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Skip those CA drop brackets and save for some long arms. Also you can get a hack-n-tap with a CV shaft for $200 from http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_HNT

Some great advice right there :thumbsup:

TXstiGUY
09-27-2009, 11:27 AM

YEP YEP :smiley-whacky084:

BlueXJ
09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Long arms will give you a much better ride and greater articulation.

96xj
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
well i hear that long arms are not that good on the road this is my DD so keep that in mind

2000XJ
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
LA's are a ton better on road than SA's are. The long arms create a better suspension geometry - more like what the geometry is at stock ride height. Look at the control arms of a stock XJ - they're near level with the ground. Now when you go to a taller lift the control arms are angled down towards the ground which causes for a rougher ride because the bumps in the road are transitioned into the frame in a rougher manner. Now with LA's the CA's are again closer to being level even with a tall lift - this greats a better ride.

LA's are the way to go both on and offroad. Essentially, drop brackets do the same thing LA's do by making your CA's level again... however, with drop brackets you are now hanging lower and have more stuff to rub on and potentially damage while wheeling. LA's do not do this.

96xj
09-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Ron where are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
you should be on at least once a day to check up on us here

xj4life2
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
LA's are a ton better on road than SA's are. The long arms create a better suspension geometry - more like what the geometry is at stock ride height. Look at the control arms of a stock XJ - they're near level with the ground. Now when you go to a taller lift the control arms are angled down towards the ground which causes for a rougher ride because the bumps in the road are transitioned into the frame in a rougher manner. Now with LA's the CA's are again closer to being level even with a tall lift - this greats a better ride.

LA's are the way to go both on and offroad. Essentially, drop brackets do the same thing LA's do by making your CA's level again... however, with drop brackets you are now hanging lower and have more stuff to rub on and potentially damage while wheeling. LA's do not do this.

Sorry have to disagree on LA's being the same on road as Cdb's. I have had both and the LA's make them alot more squirely on the road. Yes they can be driven on road but they are designed for off road articulation where as the cdb's are designed for both.Even though long arms are moved back some they do not level out as the drop bracket does and with the upper being connected to the lower it can actually increase the angle of the upper.
Just my 2 cnts

COSXJFAN
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Mark, please explain why you think that the LAs will make it "squirrelier" than CADBs. I have SAs, and 6.5" of lift in the front, and my Jeep sucks on the road, honestly!! My friend's XJ is at the same lift height as mine, but with LAs, and his Jeep rides MUCH better on road than mine does. I know that you guys are talking CADBs here, and I don't have them, but was wondering about the thinking behind what you said about LAs. Thanks!!

xj4life2
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
LA's have less actual control of the front axle because you are technically losing two mounting points by moving the uppers to connect to the lowers.You are basically going from a 4link to a 2.5 link. As I said I have tried both and prefer to keep my SA on the road and keep the LA's for off road But at this time I'm working the SA side to see how much I can get out of them.I still think the controll arm drops are the hot ticket. Again let me say this is just personal opinion and for those who have the LA set up and it handles well ,great I have just not had that experiance with them. It may have alot to do with who's , how the mounts are set up ect ect.

2000XJ
09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
I can agree somewhat about the control of the front axle (or lack there of) when you're using a radius arm setup, but if you're staying with a 3 or 4 link setup plus trackbar then you're not losing any of that control (example being the BDS LA kit). I guess it would wind down to what type of LA setup you'd be running.

4.3LXJ
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
well i hear that long arms are not that good on the road this is my DD so keep that in mind

My homemade long arms ride really well on road. I really can't tell the difference between my 6.5" lift and stock when in comes to ride quality.

96xj
09-29-2009, 09:22 AM
or maybe ill just wait to see if the LA comes as a kit and i wonder the price is going to be like ?

TXstiGUY
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Also your sway bar helps with the Squirly

muddeprived
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Wait for the RC long arms. It's supposed to be a good kit and less than a grand. There's a thread over on naxja about it. Grimus also said they will sell it as an upgrade kit too.

xj4life2
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I spoke to RC yesterday and as of now they have no pricing or Idea if this will be a complete kit or a add on. When I hear more I'll let ya know