PDA

View Full Version : xjtalk.com promo video

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Well we tried this before and it didn't go so well. We didn't get enough entries. So I was thinking, if at first you don't succeed...

How about a video we can all be a part of? I was thinking about a video that shows how friendly we are here and our willingness to help.

A short video showing you, or really anyone you can get to stand in front of the camera saying "I'm here to help!" "xjtalk is a fun friendly site!" something like that. Anyone else have some ideas?

In fact if you "NickyG" don't mind just walking up to people ask asking them to say things, you can submit a video with several people saying one or both of these things.

What do you think?

prerunner1982
09-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Dang... I was hoping the other promo video would come to be... hopefully there is more interaction this time.

Minihammermatt
09-26-2013, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a great idea, and I'd be willing to help!

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Dang... I was hoping the other promo video would come to be... hopefully there is more interaction this time.

Those videos, the few we received, were fine, and they aren't gone. I'm sure I'll be able to use them in something.

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Before anyone makes a video, especially if you're using your phone watch this video....

http://youtu.be/eYLL7-rUGPY

Bottom line turn your phone to the side.

To send your video to xjtalk, just log on to your FREE DROPBOX account, if you do not have one use this link to sign up... https://db.tt/DxfnRyN (xjtalk will get a little free extra space and so will you!)

Then Private Message (PM) me the email address associated with your dropbox account, I'll give you access to this folder...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ebco1523k582seo/GpIAvb_MRX

You can then just upload the video there.

If you don't have a free dropbox account and you're not sure why you'd set one up just to upload this video, well dropbox has a free app for your smartphone. Free program for your computer(s) so it's a really easy way to have a single place to put something you need access to from all your computers (including your phone). It's very handy for this purpose alone!

EekGirl96
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
How long does it have to be?

Sounds like a fun idea tho....count me in

:)

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 12:11 PM
How long does it have to be?

Sounds like a fun idea tho....count me in

:)

Well I was thinking we'd have a total of 10 or 15 short videos that I would edit together. It would be a short video so really just the time it takes to say "We're here to help!" or maybe "I like to help people!", "Post your question on xjtalk.com!". You guys may have been ideas of what to say, but one sentence short, that has to do with xjtalk being a helpful friendly site. Although it might be funny to include one of some saying something bad, or maybe bad and shooting the finger. :mock:

EekGirl96
09-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Lol, I could probably do something funny ;)

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Lol, I could probably do something funny ;)

Getting the xjtalk women involved is important to me as I would like for us to appeal to more women. May have to ban a few of the male members first of course. :spongebob:

EekGirl96
09-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Getting the xjtalk women involved is important to me as I would like for us to appeal to more women. May have to ban a few of the male members first of course. :spongebob:

Lol....a few?!

I'll try my best to get some other women involved in the video but unfortunately I really have no girl friends lol

Also, when do you want the videos by?

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Lol....a few?!

I'll try my best to get some other women involved in the video but unfortunately I really have no girl friends lol

Also, when do you want the videos by?

When ever, the sooner we have them the sooner I can edit it together. No time frame.

EekGirl96
09-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Alright sounds good, I'll do it when I get the time

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Alright sounds good, I'll do it when I get the time

You can do it at work. :P

Thanks for your involvement!

nickyg
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
In fact if you "NickyG" don't mind just walking up to people ask asking them to say things, you can submit a video with several people saying one or both of these things.

I'm on it. But I tend to get pepper sprayed when I approach women in a parking lot.

Mudderoy
09-26-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm on it. But I tend to get pepper sprayed when I approach women in a parking lot.

This is like hearing how sausage is made. We don't want the how, we just want the sausage. :confused: Wait that didn't come out right....

EekGirl96
09-26-2013, 04:54 PM
This is like hearing how sausage is made. We don't want the how, we just want the sausage. :confused: Wait that didn't come out right....

:crazy:

Brasscatz
09-26-2013, 06:41 PM

I don't know about "we", but whatever floats your boat :poke: