PDA

View Full Version : Wj Lift Requirements?

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Yes hello everybody, .. in the GC Tech internet land. I've been thinking about selling my Built Xj and buying a Wj then using the left over money+ some extra cash to build up that said Wj. Was just wondering if I left anything out when it came to my parts list to lift the Wj. So figured I would ask those that have more knowledge in the Wj field.

Here is my parts list so far,.. if I decide to go through with this. Let me know if you think this is a good start, or if I should add some stuff that I may have forgotten or didn't know about. Thanks.

Clayton 6" Bare Bones Long Arm Kit from Kevins Offroad.

Clayton 6" Front & Rear Coil Springs 200# spring rate front, 240# spring rate rear. Or Ironrock Offroad 6.5" Front & Rear Coil Springs 200# spring rate front & rear.

Ironrock Offroad Adjustable (3"-7") Tracbar

Ironrock Offroad Wj Steering Equalizer

Ironrock Offroad Front & Rear Coil Spring Retainers

Ironrock Offroad Front & Rear Custom Bump Stops

Ironrock Offroad Extended Rear Sway Bar Links

Rustys Front Adjustable Forged Sway Bar Disconnects

Kevins Offroad KOR-Belly Skid Plate for Claytons Long Arm Kit

Bilstein 5100's on all 4 Corners

Tom Woods 242HD SYE W/ New Shafts

New 16x8 wheels with 3.75"- 4" Backspace W/ 35x12.50 Tires

If I forgotten anything please let me know.

Thanks.

And if I have anymore money left over Ironrock Offroad Dana30 Cromoly 27 spline shaft upgrade kit.

nateyz2000
09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Scratch the rear sway bar completely...
Extended brakelines

bluedragon436
09-25-2013, 01:32 PM
I'd say from the research I did when I was thinking of getting a WJ to build up that sounds like a good list there.. I was looking at going with the complete IRO Long arm setup, as I've gotten to see it perform out on trails and on rocks on the WJ, and did quite nicely... I'd still like to build up a WJ one day... but for now I'll continue to build and enjoy my XJ!! But I do def look forward to seeing pics of your WJ build up if you decide to go that way!!

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
I've heard that I wouldn't need to extend the brake lines do to that they are already extremely long from stock.

I am choosing the Claytons kit because its a triangulated 4 Link rear long arm w/ a Radius style front 4 link long arm. Im not to keen on the crappy A arm style upper rear arms everybody else uses in there long arm kit. Also i'm not a big fan of IRO's front 3 link Y setup either. I think the Clayton kit would be the best kit for me personally in what im looking to do.

Is there any other concerns I should be looking at?

bluedragon436
09-25-2013, 02:11 PM
As far as I can remember that pretty much sums it all up!! I can understand not liking the A-arm in the rear.. As far as the front Radius arm, haven't heard too many complaints about the IRO kit... have heard alot of folks who have never run it or seen it run talk shit about it.. but I have been talking to a guy who has the IRO front LA kit on his XJ w/ a D-60 axle and says it works awesomely... So that will most likely be what I'll end up running, as I can't see spending the money on the Clayton setup for my XJ, if I could afford it I would get it...

so get that WJ and get it lifted already!! I love seeing nicely setup WJ's!!

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Well a Claytons Long Arm Kit & IRO Long Arm Kit for a Wj are the same price pretty much.

bluedragon436
09-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Well a Claytons Long Arm Kit & IRO Long Arm Kit for a Wj are the same price pretty much.

Yeah I do remember that... they are pretty close to the same... in that case, I'd probably snag the Clayton setup... I wish the Clayton setup was a tad bit cheaper, maybe not the same as the IRO, but at least a little cheaper... But like I said one day if/once my wheeling gets a bit more often or serious, I'll upgrade to the Clayton setup...

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I felt that going with the Claytons kit i'm getting a much better product over the IRO kit at the same price point.

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I gotta sell my Xj though first before any of this can happen.

bluedragon436
09-25-2013, 02:36 PM
I gotta sell my Xj though first before any of this can happen.

Should throw it up on here for sale, as well as a few other spots and see what you get for interest... you never know!!

aquickmopar
09-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I might just have to do that.