PDA

View Full Version : im back with another xj!!!

XJrob
09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
sold the mustang and picked up another xj.

got a rockn deal on it. 1700 bones

the good: no rust, paint is near perfect, 1 small dent behind the rear quarter window, everything works perfect, has some kind of 4ish " lift, and he inlcuded a set of decent 31x11.5x15 super swamper tsl's.

the bad: drives like sh!t!!. Def needs a adj. track bar, steering stabilizer is stock and leaking/wore out, rear leafs are the flattest ones i've ever seen (they used blocks in the rear) and sway bar end links are m.i.a on the front. lol oh yeah, rear doors were stuck shut. Got dude to come down $100 since he didnt tell me about it and i didnt even think about checking. They now open and close fine, stupid child safty lock bs.

But this thing is super clean, runs and shifts good and transfer case works great.

so there it is. getting ready to order some soft 8's for the tsl's and all the other parts i need to make it stable on the road.

ill get better pics whenever it stops raining but heres a crappy cell phone shot

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/wheeling/newxj.jpg

96xj
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
sweet deal and good looking too,the xj that is

Mudderoy
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I like it. Welcome to the late 20th century.

alwaysxj
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
sweet looks good but it could use some new tires. looks good though.

XJrob
09-24-2009, 02:39 PM
he gave me a set of 31x11.5x15 super swamper tsl's that are decent and im ordering some soft 8's tonight.

Melissa
09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Nice looking jeep, congrats again!

N1TZU
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks great xjrob,Good for you,I have to admit there in nothing like having a XJ. I love the color...........

2000XJ
09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Love the color! Alot of luck with it!

Primo
09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome back to life man. good looking start point you picked up don't let this one go hu!!!:thumbsup:

BlueXJ
09-25-2009, 12:36 AM
What are your plans for it????

XJrob
09-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Only plans for right now are to get the parts on that ordered and the tsl's on. As money allows going to replace the flat rear leafs, then go with diffrent front springs. By next spring i hope to be sitting on 33's.

Tomorrow night im going to start bedlining the floors, then some time this coming week cut the front fenders and cut and fold the rear.

XJrob
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
haha not letting this one go. If i even think about it u guys can each punch me in the... well u know lol

TXstiGUY
09-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Looks good love the color. Keep those pics comming :driving:

XJrob
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
thanks guys.

Really havnt had a chance to work on it that much. i did bedline the floor boards though.

My soft 8's came in today so ill get the tsl's thrown on tomorrow and the rest of my stuff will be here tomorrow.

Hopefuly i find some time before friday to cut my fenders and cut and fold the quarters. As soon as i get that all done ill post up some new pics. LOL oh yeah, i will be taking off the lights on the roof rack too.

XJrob
09-30-2009, 02:54 PM
got the soft 8's and tsl's thrown on it. These things are pretty wore but i was impressed with them just taking them down my back yard.

Got one fender trimmed. Reallyx100 wish i didnt take the flares off yet and start trimming. I have enough room for now to run the flares but i guess sh!t happens. Less work to do when i go 33's.

Got my stabilizer and quick disco's thrown on last night. All that i really need to do now is trim the other fender, going to go ahead and cut and fold the rear, Take the lights off the roof and plug the hole the drilled for the wiring in the roof (idiots), and put on my c4x4.com tow hooks when they come in. Im going to roll with whatever lift is on it for now until i get some loot for something better. It doesnt flex that great i guess because of the short shocks . But it doesnt look bad and runs good.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/xj/124.jpg
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/xj/122.jpg

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 03:02 PM
got the soft 8's and tsl's thrown on it. These things are pretty wore but i was impressed with them just taking them down my back yard.

Got one fender trimmed. Reallyx100 wish i didnt take the flares off yet and start trimming. I have enough room for now to run the flares but i guess sh!t happens. Less work to do when i go 33's.

Got my stabilizer and quick disco's thrown on last night. All that i really need to do now is trim the other fender, going to go ahead and cut and fold the rear, Take the lights off the roof and plug the hole the drilled for the wiring in the roof (idiots), and put on my c4x4.com tow hooks when they come in. Im going to roll with whatever lift is on it for now until i get some loot for something better. It doesnt flex that great i guess because of the short shocks . But it doesnt look bad and runs good.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/xj/124.jpg
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/xj/122.jpg

Great! Nice pictures. I'm sooo glad you're going to get those Micky Mouse looking lights off the rack! I think you made out okay on this transaction.

XJrob
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
lol mickey mouse is exactly what it looks like right now.

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
not bad i love the c4x4 stuff i had a rear bumber and carrier form them on my first jeep. it was very inexpensive and it was very well built. the only draw back that i did not know is that they are made to order so it took like 3 weeks to get it to me. but oh well. i haven't used their tow hooks i need some so maybe i will give them a call.

XJrob
09-30-2009, 03:25 PM
i had his tow hooks on my last xj and they were built very well and had zero problems with them. Thats the reason i went with him again. He didint have any built when i ordered them and i told him i needed them before next friday (oct 9) and he said he will have them to me before then.

The xj isnt bad, it really comes down to my personal prefrence. I hate 31's to me they are just to small. No offence to anyone that runs them i just really want/like 33's.

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
i had his tow hooks on my last xj and they were built very well and had zero problems with them. Thats the reason i went with him again. He didint have any built when i ordered them and i told him i needed them before next friday (oct 9) and he said he will have them to me before then.

The xj isnt bad, it really comes down to my personal prefrence. I hate 31's to me they are just to small. No offence to anyone that runs them i just really want/like 33's.

yes you need to atleast need to run 33s on a jeep i could not do anything on 31s. well i have never had 31s i have always had 33s just seems better to me.:driving:

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 03:35 PM

33's were what I intended to run from the beginning, but I knew I wouldn't have the money to put the bushwackers on and do the lift, wheels, tires, etc...

Now I'm all set for the 33's, just waiting for the 32's to wear out, but now I want 35's!!!! :rotfl2:

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
33's were what I intended to run from the beginning, but I knew I wouldn't have the money to put the bushwackers on and do the lift, wheels, tires, etc...

Now I'm all set for the 33's, just waiting for the 32's to wear out, but now I want 35's!!!! :rotfl2:

that is were i'm at i can fit 35s with this jeep that i have now if i can ever get it running :mad0090: but i have a new set of 33s on it that i need to go through first.

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
that is were i'm at i can fit 35s with this jeep that i have now if i can ever get it running :mad0090: but i have a new set of 33s on it that i need to go through first.

I have a lot to do to the axles and steering before I can run 35's off road. :sad0147: I think that would include lifting it up another 1" a$$well.

XJrob
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
i think ill end up going with baja claws again when i do buy new tires. I really liked them alot and they worked great in the mud

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 04:07 PM
i think ill end up going with baja claws again when i do buy new tires. I really liked them alot and they worked great in the mud

Not that you could know since you only keep a vehicle for 6 months, but what is the expected miles before replacement on the Baja Claws?

alwaysxj
09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Not that you could know since you only keep a vehicle for 6 months, but what is the expected miles before replacement on the Baja Claws?

i have heard from my local les swab that they last on a jeep xj for maybe 20,000 i say if that is the case then they are not worth it. but i have never ran them they look mean as hell but not if they will not last.

Mudderoy
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
i have heard from my local les swab that they last on a jeep xj for maybe 20,000 i say if that is the case then they are not worth it. but i have never ran them they look mean as hell but not if they will not last.

Sound great for a off road only rig, and I bet that is what they are made for.

XJrob
09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
im not sure on how many miles they will last, but i put roughly 7-8k on the ones i had and they still looked brand new.

XJrob
10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
small update.

All the fenders have been trimmed, rear cut and folded, stabilizer, sway bar disco's and adj track bar put on, and took off the ugly mickey mouse lights.

Still has death wobble, going to throw on some new shocks then maybe tie rod ends here soon.

c4x4.com tow hooks will be here this week and im taking it wheeling for the first time friday. should be fun, im way over due.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/XJrob98/xj/image001.jpg