PDA

View Full Version : Secessionist Movement

07Negative
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Granted it's not the new "in" thing. But seems to be the talk about town in a few parts of the country. Texas of course. But now Northern Cali. I say awesome! Not sure how realistic or feasible it is. But hey! Party on people. I'm also a little bit of a anti federalist too. But don't tell anyone. However it's not "legal" by the feds to secede from the nation.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/09/13/why-a-secessionist-movement-is-brewing-i

This is older, but I like the stats.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/06/could-texas-really-secede-from-the-union-the-answer-is/

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2013, 03:33 PM
This government is obviously not up to the task of running a country, and i don't foresee it getting better any time soon. And if the people that are in charge can't treat its states and people better, they shouldn't have the right to.

I personally don't see these States as United anymore. Its a selfish, greedy land of liars. It may be my eyes have been opened more to the truth of politics but i don't view this country as i use to. I doubt its anything new, but it does seem to be worsening.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bad luck
09-15-2013, 07:03 AM
I agree with you Jake, the politicians running the country are so corrupt. And I don't see it getting any better. I might have to move to Texas if it secedes from the union. The government is not our friend.

xj4life2
09-18-2013, 12:52 PM
According to federal law , California and Texas both being Republics (not actual States) we can Secede any time we want to. that's the reason our forefathers kept us a republics. Yes partially because we have been our own "country" at one point in time. Anyway I think to secede would be pointless but I do support the splitting of North and South in Cal. As long as its above Sacramento. They can keep Jerry and all his friends.

07Negative
09-21-2013, 05:29 PM
California's "Independence" was a 3 week hiccup, from my naive understanding. Neither state can legitimately secede from the union. But what do I know. I would suspect Texas would have a huge increase is residents. Possibly pushing out all the Cali liberal transplants from Austin, Dallas, & Houston. Then it would require a passport as well.