PDA

View Full Version : Car Show

Mudderoy
04-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Yesterday I went to a group picnic. The guys I work with, there 25+ in our group. Anyway I drove the few miles from the office to one of the members house where the picnic was being held.

A co-worker pulled up just after I did. He came over to the Jeep, and asked me if I had ever considered entering my Jeep in a car show. I laughed and told him know, that this was just my daily driver, not some show car.

He then asked me if I would like to. I told him no. Then he explained that his church was trying to raise money and one way was a car show. They needed vehicles that people would pay to see. I made sure there wasn't an entry fee (cheap) and told him sure I'd be happy to help out.

The show isn't until May so I should have the new winch bumper on.

The driver's seat has a little problem with the vinyl so I ordered a Jeep logo'd gray towel a few minutes ago. I've been wanting to do this for some time, but now I have a good reason. :D

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/jeeptowel.jpg

While I was on the site, Quadratec, I priced some KC daylighters. They had 130 watt daylighter kit for $119. So I went ahead and ordered those. I don't like the plastic covers that come with the daylighters, so I ordered some soft yellow KC covers.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/kccovers.jpg

The 130 watt daylighters are 285,000 candle power. I'll have to eyeball it when I get the first two, but I believe I will be able to fit 5 of them on the new winch bumper. If so that would be 650 watts or 54 amps at 12 volts. The fun number is 1.425 million candle power!!!

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/kchighlites.jpg

I'm going to have a sticker made up for the front windshield top edge.

"I dare you, flash me bitch!" :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
make that "biatch"......and dont show up at the church with that on there! http://airdown.net/Smileys/airdown/fyou.gif

Melissa
04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd like to know how it turns out, keep us posted, Please :popcorn:

Melissa
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
PS......... let me know how you like the jeep towels, I have been thinking about getting them as well.

Mudderoy
04-11-2009, 10:27 PM
PS......... let me know how you like the jeep towels, I have been thinking about getting them as well.

I will. I'm hoping they are pretty thick for $30!!!

XJ Legendary XJ
04-14-2009, 05:55 PM
nice i have 2 of KC Slimlines 130 watts. they beautiful and bright as hell. i have them on the front of my xj and u never know when you might need to use them :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes, but my luck the first time I have all 5 mounted and trigger happy, I'll blind a state trooper. :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
04-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, but my luck the first time I have all 5 mounted and trigger happy, I'll blind a state trooper. :smiley-laughing021:

Just tell him you wanted to see if he had any doughnuts in the car :headbag:

xjjeepthing
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM
That will work

Mudderoy
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM

It's back ordered. I'm sure it was because you were curious about it. Thank you for NOT being curious about the lights. :smiley-scared002:

Mudderoy
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Just tell him you wanted to see if he had any doughnuts in the car :headbag:

But when he finds out he can't have children anymore he'll come looking for me.

Melissa
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Well when he comes looking for you offer him your uh.............. services to help him have children :smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Are we talking DPS here or local Katy Cops. We don't want them procreating anyway. So you may be in demand with those lights.

Mudderoy
04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Are we talking DPS here or local Katy Cops. We don't want them procreating anyway. So you may be in demand with those lights.

In new Katy is really is just the Sheriff department. Old Katy you see Katy police. Occasionally you'll see a DPS car, but very seldom. I guess in my case I'd be sterilizing someone from the Sheriff's department.

I'd get a ticket and compliments on my Jeep. :smiley-laughing021: