PDA

View Full Version : dana 35 to a 8.25

alwaysxj
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
i just swaped in a 8.25 and now my e brake cable wont hook up it is to small. i was thinking just welding a new mount and loseing the plate to put the cables in so that is will work. i would just like to use what i got though.
any ideas on how to get the cable to hook up in the stock location?

anyone everydone this swap and came in to this? oh ya my jeep is a 1988 and the 8.25 came out of a 1999 i don't know if that is why it wont hook up or not. if you have done this let me know how you got it to work.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Mudderoy
09-23-2009, 12:23 PM
i just swaped in a 8.25 and now my e brake cable wont hook up it is to small. i was thinking just welding a new mount and loseing the plate to put the cables in so that is will work. i would just like to use what i got though.
any ideas on how to get the cable to hook up in the stock location?

anyone everydone this swap and came in to this? oh ya my jeep is a 1988 and the 8.25 came out of a 1999 i don't know if that is why it wont hook up or not. if you have done this let me know how you got it to work.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'd love a write up on this, even if you don't have any pictures. What were the steps? I'm thinking it would be pretty straight forward. Any gotchas, special tools needed?

Is there a different, longer, connection bracket that would have been on the 8.25 that is different on the 35 for the emergency cable?

alwaysxj
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I'd love a write up on this, even if you don't have any pictures. What were the steps? I'm thinking it would be pretty straight forward. Any gotchas, special tools needed?

Is there a different, longer, connection bracket that would have been on the 8.25 that is different on the 35 for the emergency cable?

this was realy a straight forward swap their is a few things that people will need to know if they do this swap. 1. you will need to buy new u bolts because the dana 35 tubes are smaller then the 8.25 so you will need to buy 3inch wide because the 8.25 the tubes are 3 inches. 2.the brakes on the if you get a newer model are going to be smaller then the ones that come on the dana 35 so would think about a disc brake upgrade. i will be doing this in a couple weeks when i get all the parts. 3.i haven't figured this one out yet but the e brake cable is shorter then the one on the dana 35 so you might have to weld a new bracket or figure out how to get it hooked up.

this was a straight forward swap and it took me about 2 1/2 hours. make sure you have a extra set of hand when you put the axle in it took me for ever to do it by my self.:driving:

jugbutt
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
this was realy a straight forward swap their is a few things that people will need to know if they do this swap. 1. you will need to buy new u bolts because the dana 35 tubes are smaller then the 8.25 so you will need to buy 3inch wide because the 8.25 the tubes are 3 inches. 2.the brakes on the if you get a newer model are going to be smaller then the ones that come on the dana 35 so would think about a disc brake upgrade. i will be doing this in a couple weeks when i get all the parts. 3.i haven't figured this one out yet but the e brake cable is shorter then the one on the dana 35 so you might have to weld a new bracket or figure out how to get it hooked up.

this was a straight forward swap and it took me about 2 1/2 hours. make sure you have a extra set of hand when you put the axle in it took me for ever to do it by my self.:driving:

Man you should have called me I would have came and helped you.
It would have took me about 24Hr. to get there but I would've came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::driving::rotfl2:

alwaysxj
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Man you should have called me I would have came and helped you.
It would have took me about 24Hr. to get there but I would've came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::driving::rotfl2:

well thanks i will call you next time. but you better be here in 22hrs i don't have all day.:coffee::smiley-laughing021: