PDA

View Full Version : When good tablets go BAD

Infidel Edition
08-24-2013, 11:17 PM
So I've been using my Acer tablet for a year now.
But since this last update... Navigating some sites it a PITA!
It won't let me have the keyboard open in the search feature
...WTF

Oh well. Gonna just post my thoughts and question anyway:flameon: :smiley-scared003:

Anyway tablets are cool... But not a computer replacement

bluedragon436
08-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah I love my Asus tablet, and used it last year to watch movies and surf the net... but it is my no means a computer, or even a laptop replacement... Mine acts up every now and again, usually after updates... but most of the time shortly there after they put out another update that usually fixes the issues... usually!! Until then you just want to throw it when it does it's own thing!!

Infidel Edition
08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
It is Frisbee shaped...:rolleye0012:

prerunner1982
08-26-2013, 11:05 PM
So far have been happy with my wife's Kindle. May get one for myself.

Infidel Edition
08-27-2013, 07:16 AM
I like mine...
But frequently, it thinks it's a phone.
I don't want a phone all the time ~ or mobile web browsers

KristinaU102
10-28-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm a Kindle girl myself. But then I only use it to read, watch Netflix and look at FB sometimes. I have noticed though that it is slowing way down... guess "they" want me to buy a new one already.

EekGirl96
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I have a Lenovo tablet and love it, I use it every day and it hasnt failed me yet

*knock on wood*

olds-cool
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I've been using a MS Surface for a few months now and it's not bad at all, other than stupid Win 8. Little bit heavier than your normal tablet but I gotta say, it has no problem keeping up with me. I use it as my daily pc at work and it's not unusual for me to have a dozen web pages open, VMware console, a document or 2, and a few RDP sessions open...all at the same time. I've never ran out of memory with all that going and it's windows so I can run all my normal aps and a real browser. It has some shortcomings as a laptop but as a tablet, it's way up there.

Infidel Edition
10-30-2013, 08:39 AM
I've been thinking about the Surface...
but have too many things that need fixing on my jeep first

Mudderoy
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I've been using a MS Surface for a few months now and it's not bad at all, other than stupid Win 8. Little bit heavier than your normal tablet but I gotta say, it has no problem keeping up with me. I use it as my daily pc at work and it's not unusual for me to have a dozen web pages open, VMware console, a document or 2, and a few RDP sessions open...all at the same time. I've never ran out of memory with all that going and it's windows so I can run all my normal aps and a real browser. It has some shortcomings as a laptop but as a tablet, it's way up there.

Oh it just dawned on me the VMware console and RDP sessions you must be using the attachable keyboard. I like the MS surface, I just don't like the price. Rather have a laptop for that amount of money.

olds-cool
10-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Oh it just dawned on me the VMware console and RDP sessions you must be using the attachable keyboard. I like the MS surface, I just don't like the price. Rather have a laptop for that amount of money.

Yes, I have the keyboard attached and I use a Bluetooth mouse when at my desk. The keyboard folds over and makes a nice cover when carrying it. I agree that the price is high and not sure I'd buy it on my own. Hoping that the Surface 2 drives the price down a bit on the original.