PDA

View Full Version : Off Roading at the Grand Canyon

bad luck
08-24-2013, 07:06 PM
We went to the Grand Canyon to celebrate my son's b,day. And he offered to take us up for a flight over the canyon. That is my wife and son posing in front of the helicopter, some kind of Eurocopter. He then flew her around the canyon, I didn't go then because there was no more room, but later in the day he didn't have all the seats taken, so I was able to fit in, the last picture is my son and the group I was with. I told you it was offroading, I didn't say it was jeeping. You can see a buffalo herd up on the north rim, the airport we flew out of is in Tusayan, Arizona. It was great.

bad luck
08-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Some more pics.

bad luck
08-24-2013, 07:09 PM
more pics

Dredwolf
08-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Awesome pics, we are going to have to come back one day and get to the north rim. Have been to the South Rim twice, the canyon has to simply be seen to be truly appreciated.

nickyg
08-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Nice Pix. Looks like it was a fun time. Thanks for sharing
I think that chopper is a ecostar

bad luck
08-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Nice Pix. Looks like it was a fun time. Thanks for sharing
I think that chopper is a ecostar

I think your right, he gave it some number designation too, but I don't remember what it was. But they are very nice, he did say they were designed in France and assembled in Texas, at least the ones that they used. I think the company he flies for has quite a few of them. As we were flying towards the rim, he asked us to guess our airspeed, one of the other passengers guessed 50 mph, I guessed 100 mph, but it was about 150 mph. I don't remember how many knots he said it was. But it sure seemed slower than what we were traveling.

bad luck
08-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Awesome pics, we are going to have to come back one day and get to the north rim. Have been to the South Rim twice, the canyon has to simply be seen to be truly appreciated.

We went to Toroweap, on the north rim, many years ago. And we all enjoyed it a lot. But I do want to go back again sometime. There are quite a few roads up there that we haven't had a chance to go on yet. So many roads, so little time.

F1Addict
08-25-2013, 12:59 PM
It's such an amazing place, pictures don't do it justice (although yours come close). I was there a couple months ago. I think this was on the South Rim at one of the overlooks down by the Watchtower.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/F1Addict/Jeep/IMG_0007_zps2acf20ac.jpg
She really likes my Jeep!

nickyg
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
they were designed in France and assembled in Texas,

I doubt that. If it was really built in Texas it would have a winch on front.

Just kidding