PDA

View Full Version : Bonding brush

bad luck
08-21-2013, 02:49 PM
If I need to run a ground wire to a painted panel or want a good clean ground connection I use this brush, I just used a sharpie to blacken some metal and then used the brush. I don't use star washers though because even though they bite into the metal to make a good ground, they might cause the metal to fracture and crack where they bite in.

XJ Wheeler
08-21-2013, 03:28 PM
That's neat. Does it go on a drill? Whats the brand for looking it up?

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

nickyg
08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Awesome! I must have one. Where did you get it?

bad luck
08-21-2013, 08:20 PM
I bought it at an aircraft tool supply website, called The Yard. It is much nicer than getting emery cloth or sandpaper and just scuffing up an area around the ground wire.

bad luck
08-21-2013, 08:22 PM
That's neat. Does it go on a drill? Whats the brand for looking it up?

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Yes it does go in a drill. I think there are different brands. But the one I have is Osborn, I think.

NW99XJ
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Whats the diameter of the center protrusion....that little "button/nipple" that sticks thru the hole?

Mudderoy
08-22-2013, 09:04 AM
If I need to run a ground wire to a painted panel or want a good clean ground connection I use this brush, I just used a sharpie to blacken some metal and then used the brush. I don't use star washers though because even though they bite into the metal to make a good ground, they might cause the metal to fracture and crack where they bite in.

What a great little tool. I never knew about these.

Dredwolf
08-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Yes it does go in a drill. I think there are different brands. But the one I have is Osborn, I think.

This is awesome! Between the XJ and the rest of the "fleet" here, this would get used a lot.

I must have one!

bad luck
08-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Whats the diameter of the center protrusion....that little "button/nipple" that sticks thru the hole?

Josh, if you go the website "The Yard" and search for wire bonding brush, you will see various sizes. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I was out of town without internet access.

gary63
08-25-2013, 09:59 AM
here you go i was checking it out http://www.yardstore.com/search.htm
nice site.

bad luck
08-25-2013, 11:40 AM
here you go i was checking it out http://www.yardstore.com/search.htm
nice site.

Thanks Gary, I'm so bad on computers I don't know how to post links.

gary63
08-25-2013, 05:37 PM
you my computer has the on and off button is marked with a big red X lol thanks for the site.