PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know NW Region

gary63
08-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Just to get things going on the NorthWest Region lot people know who you are and were you are. That way we can maybe get to gether for some runs.
To start I'm gary63 in the eastside Washington in the area call Tri-city made up of Richland ,Kennewick, and Pasco mostly sand rocks and mud. Ok it starts:xj-yellow:

93xj97347
08-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm from grand ronde. About 35 miles west of salem. mostly do some trails and mud not to far from the house. I've been out to sandlake a few times. I'm really wanting to go to browns camp on I think its hwy 6 as soon as I get lockers and maybe upgrade my axles

92warwagon
08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Great to have a NW on the clicker up here in Gresham east Portland -we have everything except sand but that's only 90 minutes away-
92warwagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

gary63
08-21-2013, 10:44 AM
will we have sand small rock and mud but you have to watch out for the mud some you do not want to go though it is run off from some of the farms and ranches. PU! then you wash your jeep with lemon juice. But only 2 to3 hr drive to some nice trees.

92warwagon
08-21-2013, 10:48 AM
will we have sand small rock and mud but you have to watch out for the mud some you do not want to go though it is run off from some of the farms and ranches. PU! then you wash your jeep with lemon juice. But only 2 to3 hr drive to some nice trees.

Nasty we go to hills we have some designated trails in the coast range and SE of portland there are some jeep clubs such as NAXJA that have put a lot of time on up in the mountains very cool trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

gary63
08-21-2013, 10:57 AM
ya I'm hopping now I got most of the stuff around the house done I can start on the jeeps the garage is stocked with parts and the wife is wanting to go camping and on trail so she is asking what do I need for the jeeps.:rolleye0012:hope she doesn't look in side and see I may get 1 or 2 more things:pray:

toebee97
08-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm in Salem. 5 minutes to the country, 45 minutes to the mountains, hour to the beach, 90 minutes to the high desert. Hoping to set up a Browns Camp run this fall once the fire danger drops off. I'm also part of a couple 4x4 groups in Salem, links in my siggy.

gary63
08-21-2013, 05:46 PM
were is this browns camp and what are the stander (locker skid lights mud tires sand tires) what is needed?

toebee97
08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
were is this browns camp and what are the stander (locker skid lights mud tires sand tires) what is needed?
It's about an hour west of Portland. People call it Browns Camp but that's pretty much just the camping and staging area, it's really the whole Tillamook State Forest. There's trails in all degrees of difficulty. You don't need anything depending on what trails you take on, but most people agree it's a smart idea to have recovery gear, a shovel, axe, and fire extinguisher. Here's a trail map I found on the Forestry Department site. http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/docs/tsfohv09.pdf

McChoka
08-21-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm from western Idaho, about 35 minutes from Ontario, Oregon. But I go to La Grande, OR and Moses Lake, WA pretty frequently.

gary63
08-21-2013, 06:04 PM
thanks I'm just finish up on some skid /body armer next will be I hope a lift around 5to6.
so hopefuly I will be ready for the NAXJA's next year and I would like to try browns camp
if it ok.

toebee97
08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
thanks I'm just finish up on some skid /body armer next will be I hope a lift around 5to6.
so hopefuly I will be ready for the NAXJA's next year and I would like to try browns camp
if it ok.
I took my XJ to Browns with a 3" lift and no armor other than my factory skid plates, a front tube bumper, and 31" all terrain tires and did just fine on the easy to moderate difficulty stuff. All of the real gnarly stuff has bypass roads for less equipped rigs. I will say that taking it up there will really light a fire under your a$$ to build your rig lol... since I went I went up 2 more inches (5" total) and got some 33x12.50s, upgraded to an IRO trackbar, extended brake lines, and control arm drop brackets.

gary63
08-21-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm from western Idaho, about 35 minutes from Ontario, Oregon. But I go to La Grande, OR and Moses Lake, WA pretty frequently.

morses lake has some nice sand dunes but better have some good light or gps at night I went round in circle for around 30min. wile my friends were watching off in the dark laughing good friend you gota like them.

NW99XJ
08-22-2013, 08:37 AM
How did I miss the inception of THIS THREAD?!?!?!
Well the user name says it all, and for those who listen to the podcast, you prob know me pretty well by now.
I'm just outside of Portland, Or. but grew up all around the greater NW area,
From the Puget Sound area clear to the southern side of Oregon.
It's gonna be pretty cool, to see how many Northwesterners we have around here!

Mudderoy
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd love to see several active regions on :xjtalk: with get togethers, etc...

NW99XJ
08-22-2013, 09:04 AM
That makes two of us!
We'll see where this is at in another few weeks/month or so, and maybe we'll schedule up a little meet-n-greet!:xj-black::xj-yellow::xj-red::xj-green::xj-blue:

toebee97
08-22-2013, 10:34 AM
That makes two of us!
We'll see where this is at in another few weeks/month or so, and maybe we'll schedule up a little meet-n-greet!:xj-black::xj-yellow::xj-red::xj-green::xj-blue:
I'm up for that, would love to have a meet and greet! Josh I didn't realize you were the SJ Jeep Jam DJ, saw it in the other thread... LMAO... small world man.

gary63
08-27-2013, 10:01 PM
That makes two of us!

that would be fun the hard part is were we are all over the place.Now about the xj-black yellow red GREEN and blue everyone know GREEN is first.:xj-green::xj-black::xj-blue::xj-yellow::xj-white::xj-pink::xj-red:in that order :D

93xj97347
08-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Where's the white one?

gary63
08-28-2013, 09:41 AM
5th

toebee97
08-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Just a heads up, having a fall meetup in September for my group, Salem Mud Slingers, in the Salem area. Jeep or not, all are welcome as long as you have 4wd... Click the link in my sig for more info.

XJMJeep
09-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Awesome to see the NW region added!
:thumbsup:

KMW-NWXJ
09-23-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm about an hour NE of Seattle. I don't have an XJ yet though. Plan is to have one by spring.

Right now we wheel our H2. Only thing we could fit the whole family in and wheel. Couple of the boys were getting close to being ready to start driving on some trails so we want to get a second smaller rig.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

socalchuckster
09-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Awesome to see we finally have a NW area on :xjtalk: I'm from the Moses Lake, WA area.

gary63
12-07-2013, 09:37 AM
This is a shout out for you people in the NW lots hear from you I hear alot from the people in the lower half and east side and not much from us. I have some friend from thous places that said we are just mall crawler and there are not very meny 4wheelers up hear.

XJ Wheeler
12-07-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm surprised anyone would fathom the notion. In my mind i would think the nw has some of the best wheeling, snow, mountains, trees, hills, etc. I've only been up there a couple times but it seemed like great terrain and picturesque for offroading.

Haters gonna hate i guess.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

gary63
12-08-2013, 01:26 PM
no they just don't go were we go or when so they just try to yank the chain. I'm just trying to get the NW group to try to get to gether we are all over Oregon ,Washington, BC, and Idaho. As for wheeling we have all type sand mud rocks heat cold dry wet flat and hills.

NW99XJ
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Hey guys,
I'd like to get an open discussion started about a potential Northwest meet and greet.
I know we're all kind of spread out from each other by a few hours, but lets see what we can come up with.
I of course (as I'm sure many of you too) ...would not really WANT to drive 3 or 4 hours
to meet up for some Jeep talk for a few hours, then drive another 3 or 4 hours back home.
So how far is too far?
I'd like to see if we cant come up with something by the end of Jan.

I'd like to start off by throwing my first suggestion in ....of meeting up Feb 1
...somewhere in Vancouver Wa.
(bout halfway between the Canadian border and the border to California.)

Your thoughts?

gary63
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking but that is the wrong driction but I'm think of it.:rolleyes: road trip maybe.:rolleye0012::xj-green::xj-black::xj-blue:

ZachXJ1993
02-28-2014, 03:03 AM
Well I'm down over here in south east Idaho. This area seems to be the closest of the general areas listed. I up in a small town called Rigby. Just north of Idaho falls. Great place to live.

Am I posting in the rift region? If someone could let me know that'd be great.
-Zach

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

NW99XJ
03-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Well I'm down over here in south east Idaho. This area seems to be the closest of the general areas listed. I up in a small town called Rigby. Just north of Idaho falls. Great place to live.

Am I posting in the rift region? If someone could let me know that'd be great.
-Zach

To me.... The NW= OR/WA/ID....
I'd say your in the right place!:D

ZachXJ1993
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
To me.... The NW= OR/WA/ID....

I'd say your in the right place!:D

Sweet. Well glad to be here.

NW99XJ
03-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Sweet. Well glad to be here.

Well, glad to have ya!
Whats the wheeling like over there?

ZachXJ1993
03-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, glad to have ya!

Whats the wheeling like over there?

It's pretty fun. Really diverse. We have St.. Anthony sand dunes. Tons of lava rock beds out in the desert. To the east is the Kelly canyon recreational area with lots of great trails for 4x4s and dirt bikes. There is also the river beds for the snake river. Lots and lots of great wheeling in my little neck if the woods. My favorite is a little place called webster's dam. It's pretty sweet.

ZachXJ1993
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
It's pretty fun. Really diverse. We have St.. Anthony sand dunes. Tons of lava rock beds out in the desert. To the east is the Kelly canyon recreational area with lots of great trails for 4x4s and dirt bikes. There is also the river beds for the snake river. Lots and lots of great wheeling in my little neck if the woods. My favorite is a little place called webster's dam. It's pretty sweet.

Not my Jeep but this is Webster's Dam.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/yme4ezuj.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/utuje7un.jpg

-Zach

ZachXJ1993
03-21-2014, 05:17 PM

Here is a few more.

This is at the southern end of St. Anthony dunes.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/yguqy8a7.jpg

And another that's mixed sand the lava rock.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/u4a5ebap.jpg

-Zach

gary63
03-21-2014, 07:03 PM
the last 2 pic. looks some what we have up in the southeast washington. look like a fun place and nice trails.

NW99XJ
03-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Yup... it's settled... I'm going to have to make it out to Idaho one of these days... terrain looks awesome! Thanks for sharing Zach.

ZachXJ1993
03-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Ya I really like it out here. And we we got plenty of snow-wheeling during the cold months....

-Zach

Nwcharger
09-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, the name is Justin. I am new on here but not to jeeps. I am currently on my 6th one. Just picked up a 1987 xj with 127,000 original miles. Getting it trail ready as we speak. I live in eatonville Washington.

NW99XJ
09-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey Justin, welcome aboard!
Our NW representation is growing quite well, glad your here man!

Nwcharger
09-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks, good to be here. Doesn't look like there has been any action in this thread for a while though!

gary63
09-12-2014, 06:16 PM
hi glad you found use you closes to Mt. Rainier you should have some good wheeling around there. I'm hoping to get up in that area next spring.

toebee97
09-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks, good to be here. Doesn't look like there has been any action in this thread for a while though!
There's plenty of jeepers in OR/WA/ID they just don't seem to get on here much. If you use Facebook there is a group called Northwest Jeepers that's kinda cool, and lots of other Jeep and 4x4 groups as well.

Nwcharger
09-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Great. Thanks for the info. And yes I am very close to Mt. rainier. Let me know if you head this way.

gary63
09-13-2014, 09:22 AM
will do may be we can work with NW99XJ and get a meet and greet and some wheeling. He he is south of you and I'm east of you in richland and some inbetween.:xj-green::xj-blue::xj-red::xj-black::xj-yellow::xj-pink::xj-white:

Nwcharger
09-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Sounds great!

NW99XJ
09-15-2014, 08:48 AM
HECK YEA!
Count me in!
My experience with meet and greets is that we just need to pick a date and time and stick with it... book it far enough in advance that people can plan for it, but not so far in advance that people forget about it.
I'm open to suggestions.... so lets start throwing dates and locations around, and see what we can come up with.

gary63
09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
maybe we can get some of the Idaho maybe canada who knows.

ZachXJ1993
10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm over here in Eastern Idaho. I don't know if my Jeep could make it out to Oregon or Washington. That would be a 10 or 13 hour drive. But maybe by the time the meet n greet happens, The Manch would be travel worthy. Keep updating this with potential dates. My Mom always said if you want something done. Take it too the busiest person. I vote Josh takes point here. This isn't his first rodeo and he is a busy guy, so it would get done.
-Zach