PDA

View Full Version : Recent Changes, or Enhancements

Mudderoy
08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Our recent changes, all purely cosmetic, have been made and I was curious what your thoughts were on them.

If you haven't noticed them, here they are...

The first (1) change was adding a "XJ" avatar to replace the plain looking folders.

The second (2) change was replacing the double down arrow heads with a MT tire. What's the correlation between the two, well graphically nothing I guess, but the tire looks cool. If you didn't already know if you click the (NOW) tire it will take you to the first unread entry in that thread.

The third change (3) is the MT tread pattern in the various borders on the site.

So what do you think about one or all? Do you think it makes the site more appealing?

Maybe too busy?

4.3LXJ
08-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I like the changes. I haven't entirely figured the yellow marks out in the Jeep yet. The tire is better since it is bigger and easier to hit with a cursor. The one gripe I do have however is on the podcast button. The actual area of the invisible button for it is much larger than the icon. I have hit it by mistake so many times while thanking people for their post. That part if it is getting annoying.

Mudderoy
08-18-2013, 02:18 PM
I like the changes. I haven't entirely figured the yellow marks out in the Jeep yet. The tire is better since it is bigger and easier to hit with a cursor. The one gripe I do have however is on the podcast button. The actual area of the invisible button for it is much larger than the icon. I have hit it by mistake so many times while thanking people for their post. That part if it is getting annoying.

Yeah I thought that was strange too. I think what it is, is even though the image is a circle I think the clickable area is a square. :(

If you image a square around the circle that may help you move it far enough away from what you are trying to click. It happened to me a couple of times, but now I give it enough room.

Brasscatz
08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, the changes are cool. I've done the same thing with the podcast button, and even worse when I'm on my phone and I zoom in, the podcast button gets huge
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/19/nyzeje7e.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

xj4life2
08-18-2013, 08:42 PM
I like everything but the tread pattern , I think its to "busy" and to be honest it makes me dizzy after surfing a while , keep up the great work guys !!!!

abebehrmann
08-19-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm usually on XJTalk on my phone, so I have the same problems with the podcast button. Not a big deal though and if it helps get the word out for the podcast then I'm all for it.

Mudderoy
08-19-2013, 08:01 AM
I like everything but the tread pattern , I think its to "busy" and to be honest it makes me dizzy after surfing a while , keep up the great work guys !!!!

I toned the tread pattern down see if it's better now. You may need to refresh the screen.

Mudderoy
08-19-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm usually on XJTalk on my phone, so I have the same problems with the podcast button. Not a big deal though and if it helps get the word out for the podcast then I'm all for it.

Right now my options are have it or remove it. I need to research more coding so I can place a close button on it.

EekGirl96
08-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Now that I can actually see it, it looks nice Tony. Being another member who uses their phone I do agree with Jimmy Boy and Abe, the floating podcast button is slowly becoming an "annoyance", zooming in makes it big and hard to select anything without hitting the button and it openening up a new screen....on my laptop its fine just on my phone. (Dont get me wrong, I like having it tho!!!)

Mudderoy
08-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Now that I can actually see it, it looks nice Tony. Being another member who uses their phone I do agree with Jimmy Boy and Abe, the floating podcast button is slowly becoming an "annoyance", zooming in makes it big and hard to select anything without hitting the button and it openening up a new screen....on my laptop its fine just on my phone. (Dont get me wrong, I like having it tho!!!)

Hmmm I wonder if I can turn it off for phone browsers...

EekGirl96
08-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Hmmm I wonder if I can turn it off for phone browsers...

If you could that would be awesome, if not, I'll learn to live with it :D

XJ Wheeler
08-20-2013, 06:07 AM
I like them so far, the little XJs are neat. What does it mean they're upside down... need a winch? :smiley-laughing021: But seriously i think its another one of those little things that make this place unique.

Just noticed the tire tread border now looks like tiger stripes. :D

Mudderoy
08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I like them so far, the little XJs are neat. What does it mean they're upside down... need a winch? :smiley-laughing021: But seriously i think its another one of those little things that make this place unique.

Just noticed the tire tread border now looks like tiger stripes. :D

Good I'm not the only one that thought that "tiger stripes"

4.3LXJ
08-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Good I'm not the only one that thought that "tiger stripes"

Really bald tires. Almost down to drag slick mode

xj4life2
08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I toned the tread pattern down see if it's better now. You may need to refresh the screen.

Much better !!!

editedforsafety
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I liked it better when the upside down jeeps were green! I got a pretty good kick out of that for the day or whatever that was going. The tire is growing on me as well, mainly for the larger clickable surface.

I hate to be a complainer, but I hate that xj talk show button. I disabled it on adblock plus, so it's not a problem anymore, but that thing really bugged me.

Mudderoy
09-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I liked it better when the upside down jeeps were green! I got a pretty good kick out of that for the day or whatever that was going. The tire is growing on me as well, mainly for the larger clickable surface.

I hate to be a complainer, but I hate that xj talk show button. I disabled it on adblock plus, so it's not a problem anymore, but that thing really bugged me.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you listen to the podcast? I'm assuming you don't or at least you were not interested in listening while browsing the site. Think the show sucks, no problem, information is better than a false good feeling. :D

editedforsafety
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I do listen to the podcast, not while I'm browsing the forums though. I check the forums once (or more daily). I usually listen to the podcast when I'm doing something like laundry. I can't read and listen attentively at the same time, so it's never when I'm browsing the board.

Mudderoy
09-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I do listen to the podcast, not while I'm browsing the forums though. I check the forums once (or more daily). I usually listen to the podcast when I'm doing something like laundry. I can't read and listen attentively at the same time, so it's never when I'm browsing the board.

Makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer, and putting up with that button.

BlueXJ
09-06-2013, 12:56 PM
I have gotten used to the button, and now avoid it since I do not listen to the poscasts.

Unless I missed it what is the splash on the XJ supposed to indicate? BTW I love the tire to click on. I seriously had not really noticed the tread pattern in the header, but now that I have seen it and noticed it, I kinda like it.

Mudderoy
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I have gotten used to the button, and now avoid it since I do not listen to the poscasts.

Unless I missed it what is the splash on the XJ supposed to indicate? BTW I love the tire to click on. I seriously had not really noticed the tread pattern in the header, but now that I have seen it and noticed it, I kinda like it.

Yeah the big tire makes clicking easier! :D I never understood those different symbols. I think you can hold the mouse pointer over the icon and it will give you and idea what it means.

bluedragon436
09-09-2013, 03:01 AM
I like the updates.. I think it makes it more unique, as well as more Jeep/Offroad feel to it... I have clicked the podcast button a few times on accident, but have gotten used to it and work around it usually... I have clicked on teh podcast button a few times on purpose too... so guess it's hit or miss... and I can imagine it would suck to have on the phone browsing...

Mudderoy
09-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I think I'm going to move it back to the top corner, seemed to cause less problems up there.